Confession Time | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confession Time

I don’t know - I think he just got a better job offer and took it. I’ve done that many times myself. I’d encourage anybody to do it if it makes sense for them.

Quitting is more like what Bobby Petrino did to the Falcons. He just quit with games still left to play.

Dr. Whitt and Mal Moore were not taking no for an answer. They were getting Saban no matter what. He had rejected their offer more than once.

Eh, if Saban was having more success in MIA — if they had opted for Brees instead for instance — I doubt he’d have been as inclined to leave. Just a hunch.

I was pissed we passed on Drew Brees. I was annoyed when we passed on TJ Watt.

I was completely wrong about Gase, the cancer of New York - so much so that during his first season I changed my name to In Gase We Trust. So much for that...

As far as being right: Really wanted Derwin James over Minkah, and TJ Watt over Harris. Can you imagine having those two guys now?

As far as what I was wrong about: Hate to admit it but I wanted Brandon Weeden in 2012. Thought he'd be a good pro QB.

Hmm, I don't really watch college football so I don't evaluate players as such.
However, I was glad we got DeVante, and that Gurley didn't fall to us, I wanted Parker over Gurley. Wrong.
I thought Gase was a good coach after year 1, he's a complete idiot so that was a spectacular wrong.

Does anyone else ever ... change their opinion after reading things? Buy into the hype? I remember being disappointed with the Dion Jordan pick, then reading stuff and thinking it could work out. After a while I'd myself convinced it damn well would work out!

RIGHT:

Zach Thomas- Couldnt believe teams passed on him all the way to 5th round. He was heart and soul and everything u could want of a player in college.

Mahomes- I said pre-draft he would be the STEAL of the draft no matter what draft pick he is

Mike Wallace- pegged him for a heartless coward early on and was SHOCKED when Miami extended him. i figured then this FO was a failure.

WRONG:

Brees- I didnt think he would be that good

Gase- I thought was the answer after yr 1

JJ- thought he would build a dynasty here

I was completely wrong about Gase, the cancer of New York - so much so that during his first season I changed my name to In Gase We Trust. So much for that...
I agree about this post I didn’t factor in Coaches and GMs off the hip because well it has been a **** show after Shula Sr

However, I was glad we got DeVante, and that Gurley didn't fall to us, I wanted Parker over Gurley. Wrong.
I thought Gase was a good coach after year 1, he's a complete idiot so that was a spectacular wrong.

Does anyone else ever ... change their opinion after reading things? Buy into the hype? I remember being disappointed with the Dion Jordan pick, then reading stuff and thinking it could work out. After a while I'd myself convinced it damn well would work out!
DVP may play 10 years longer Todd G everyone may she forgotten Todd by then?

I didn’t even realize you are in Gase we Trust

I can relate, don’t watch much college so I tend to lean on a lot of posters here for info.
That being said I wanted Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown. His 40 time at the combine shot him up the board.
Didn’t want Brady Quinn, was way too inaccurate in college and was ok with the Ginn pick.
Thought Henne was a great pick, was exited we finally had a QB.
I was right and wrong on Brees, wanted to draft him, but then wanted Culpepper in FA, thought the shoulder was shot. Even bought an orange Cpep Jersey.

I see a lot of mentions to Randy Moss. Didn’t JJ trade away the pick the morning of the draft before it started? I don’t believe they ever had a shot to draft him or know he was going to slide.

Wanted Baker Mayfield super bad (Jury still out on that one).
When we didn't get Baker I wanted Lamar Jackson.
Knew Ricky would be good when we got him.
Was stoked when we got David Boston.
Was stoked when we got Ocho.
Was stoked when we got Tony Martin.
Knew from reading that Welker was going to be REALLY good when we got him from SD.
Thought John Beck was going to be very good.
Thought Cam Cameron was going to be good.

Pissed when we passed on Brees both times and Rodgers in the draft.

Thought Culpepper would return to his form from Mn. UHHHHH NO.

Cecil Collins was the running back we missed for years....

Breathed a sigh of relief when Brady Quinn's name wasn't called, until I realized it was the Ginn Family choice. Wanted Patrick Willis.

Also was bullish on Henne for too long after he conquered Revis Island.

Was and am bullish on Tannehill.. no mea culpa, no equivocation.

Before FH, I was on a usenet Fins fan group and remember Bear fans coming in to offer their condolences with the comment that they still hadn't recovered from Wanny. I was all for giving him a chance but did sour on him kind of early based on his insipid pressers always promising to do better.

Finally, based on truth in advertising I prefer the old "RevKev" name over the OP's present iteration.

Back
Top Bottom