Confession Time | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confession Time

I was wrong about Dion Jordan...he was a BUST, even though I wanted him to be a standup rush OLB like he was at Oregon. The only good feeling I have from that trade os the fact that the CB that was selected by Oakland with our pick was a bust as well.

I was right about Neville Hewitt. He was and is an NFL linebacker.
Solid LB

I thought Jimmy Johnson would bring another SB to Miami and that Saban would rebuild the Dolphins into a consistent winner with many years of playoff teams. I was fooled in both those cases and along with thinking Sparano and Gase were the answer after leading the Dolphins to the playoffs in their first year with the Dolphins. I will no longer believe in any Dolphin head coach until he has been the head coach for at least three years and shows he can put a winning team on the field and the team improves each year.

Last edited:
I was wrong about Dion Jordan...he was a BUST, even though I wanted him to be a standup rush OLB like he was at Oregon. The only good feeling I have from that trade os the fact that the CB that was selected by Oakland with our pick was a bust as well.

I was right about Neville Hewitt. He was and is an NFL linebacker.

I loved Hewitt!

and I was right about so much, sigh.....I just get tired of being right all the time.

I knew Eli Apple was overrated as a prospect and that X. Howard was better.

I remember soooo many people on here being against the Idea of Peyton Manning coming here after his neck surgery. And it blew my mind. Dude was an all time great and was well worth the risk. He went on to break more records and go to two more superbowls.

I wanted Matt Ryan over Jake Long. This seems so obvious now, if you dont have a QB, you have to draft one early. (not after the 1st round). and I believe we were the last team to sign a player with the 1st overall pick before the draft lol, wow. Least we were wrong with conviction.

I wanted Aaron Rodgers instead of Ronnie Brown (who drafts a RB 2nd overall?) especially a RB that wasnt even on the same level as like a Saquan Barkley, Christian Mcaffrey, or Zeke in terms of college production. Dude was in a time share with Cadillac at Auburn. How dumb.

I hated the Pat White pick. Knew he would never hold up in the NFL.

I wanted Drew Brees as a Free agent, hated the Culpepper trade.

I also really liked TJ Watt, wanted him over Charles Harris.

I was right about Mike Wallace being way over valued on this forum, didnt think he was worth the money.

Those were the only ones that really stand out to me .

Last edited:
I was VERY excited when we traded up to #3 in 2013. We NEEDED a tackle so bad and I was already purchasing my Lane Johnson jersey...then they drafted Dion Jordan. I read posts on here about how he reminded people of Jason Taylor coming out of college. I was reluctant, but bought in on this FREAK....turns out I was right in the beginning.

I was wrong about Suh. There was a forum on here before that free agency about what ONE player would make us Super Bowl contenders. Our biggest issue on defense was run defense and I assumed Suh would clog up the middle and stop the run. Boy was I WRONG. I argued that the contract was worth the money and even bought a shirt that said Earthwake and Suhnami...I still get ribbed by my friends for my stance on this.

These are the 2 I was right about that piss me off the most

1. Was right about Brees...TWICE!
2. Was right about us trading down in the 1st in the Randy Moss draft. Then was right again when we took Avery with that pick! Jeez we doubled down on horrible that day! Could you imagine what that pick may have given the offense at the end of Dans career? Wow!

A little off topic but....
Our drafts between 84 and 89 COMPLETELY neutered Danny’s PRIME!
So sad man...

This is like a colon blow - my word!!! Hope you feel better now and hope you not think I am too strange when I say that I think we share the same brains
Colon Blow! Ah, old SNL.
I do not think much is strange any more. I've raised two kids practically on my own, taught high school for 30 years, and done my fair share of globetrotting. Things surprise me, but I take offense at very little.
Although from your avatar I don't think we share the same brain in regards to our choice at QB. I'll leave it at that ONLY because this thread is refreshing and I don't want it to decay into a who to draft at QB thread.

A little off topic but....
Our drafts between 84 and 89 COMPLETELY neutered Danny’s PRIME!
So sad man...
What could have been with better drafting. What a bleak time to be a fan. But you knew Shula could turn it around, and he did to some degree. Injuries in 1993 really hurt, and the desperation in 1995 did him in.
Major problem was he just couldn't get us to the level of San Fran,Buffalo, and Pittsburgh. We did somehow beat Dallas in 1993, but those other three just roughed us up.

Colon Blow! Ah, old SNL.
I do not think much is strange any more. I've raised two kids practically on my own, taught high school for 30 years, and done my fair share of globetrotting. Things surprise me, but I take offense at very little.
Although from your avatar I don't think we share the same brain in regards to our choice at QB. I'll leave it at that ONLY because this thread is refreshing and I don't want it to decay into a who to draft at QB thread.
Cool bro

What will be

Will be

I was wrong: I actually liked the John Beck pick.

I was right: I was immeasurably pissed that the Fins traded down when Earl Thomas fell in their laps.

There are more, but those are the two that immediately spring to mind.
So, ...is that a Goat driving a motor boat in your avatar??? I never really looked to closely before.

I wanted TJ Watt over Harris and I wanted Patrick Wills over Ted Ginn, I hated Brady Quinn.

Going back a bit I was screaming for Anquan Boldin when Wanny took Eddie fricking Moore.

I wanted Brees over Culpepper, a friend of mine is a huge Vikes fan and he told me Culpepper was done.

I thought Saban was a great hire and he might have been if he had got the QB right.

Not Dolphin related but I thought Marcus Mariota was going to be a star.

Back
Top Bottom