Confession Time | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confession Time

After seeing him lie about his interest in LSU when he left Michigan State (and I am a Michigan fan), I never trusted another word that came out of his mouth and knew he wouldn't last long in Miami. The man can't tell the truth and doesn't understand why people think he is snake.
Does anybody believe anything that comes out of Belichick's mouth either? They're cut from the same cloth and it hasn't been a deal breaker for anything other than former teams' fans getting up in their feelings when he leaves.

I believe he would have been at minimum a top 3 coach in the NFL and might still be here if we had chosen Brees over Culpepper giving him an offense to work with.

I remember thinking John Avery was gonna be the bees knees - but alot of folks probably did. I also remember screaming "man put in Travis Minor!!!" alot, can't recall who he backed up but I thought given a shot he would do better, probably a standard case of "the backup is better" syndrome.

Kind of confused at the number of people saying that Saban was a bad hire.
He was a great hire when he was first hired. It became a bad hire once he lied and stated he was not going to Alabama one day and left for Alabama the next day. As far as his coaching while he was with the Dolphins is concerned, he was 15-17 in his two seasons with the Dolphins. He was merely mediocre as an NFL head coach and obviously he didn’t have what it took to remain in the NFL for an extended period of time.

I was right about--
D.Brees over D.Culpepper
A.Rodgers over R.Brown
Ted Ginn
Vernon Carey
Randy Moss
Russell Wilson
Patrick Willis

I was wrong about--
Dion Jordan being the next Jason Taylor

Nick Saban ( Both leading us back to glory and believing him when he said he wasn't leaving us )

And that's to name a few.

Good topic! I agree that we could all use a break from what is going on. Without further ado I give you the good, bad and the ugly of my right/wrong.

1. I was pissed when we traded up for Dion Jordan and wanted Lane Johnson instead- RIGHT

2. I almost renounced my fandom when they passed on Brady Quinn- DEAD WRONG

3. Never forgave Jeff Ireland for trading down and taking Jared Odrick when Earl Thomas and Dez Bryant were on the board-RIGHT

4. Did not like the Xavien Howard pick because of his up/down film- PROUD TO BE WRONG

5. Loved the Laremy Tunsil Pick and thought he was the steal of the draft- RIGHT

The last and most embarrassing take, I approved the Jonathan Martin pick and thought he was good value for a second round pick - I'll wear a paper bag over my head for that one

My buddy is a Bills fan and I am proud to have been right when I bashed his team for taking Marcell Dareus when AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Patrick Peterson were still on the board.

Does anybody believe anything that comes out of Belichick's mouth either? They're cut from the same cloth and it hasn't been a deal breaker for anything other than former teams' fans getting up in their feelings when he leaves.

I believe he would have been at minimum a top 3 coach in the NFL and might still be here if we had chosen Brees over Culpepper giving him an offense to work with.
Having coaching talent and being decent human beings are two completely different things.

Saban has said that he knew he wasn't an NFL fit from Day 1 in Miami.

“Well, the day I landed in Miami and went to the first press conference,” Saban said Thursday evening, according to AL.com. “I started to realize the difference between the NFL then and what the NFL was like before when I was in it with Bill Belichick from 1991-94 in Cleveland, before we had free agency, before the media had infiltrated sorta everything that was happening. I guess right then.”

He was a great hire when he was first hired. It became a bad hire once he lied and stated he was not going to Alabama one day and left for Alabama the next day. As far as his coaching while he was with the Dolphins is concerned, he was 15-17 in his two seasons with the Dolphins. He was merely mediocre as an NFL head coach and obviously he didn’t have what it took to remain in the NFL for an extended period of time.
I disagree. He went 6-10 his second year because he had Joey Harrington starting 11 games throwing more INTs than TDs.

In a short period of time he built that defense into a legit top 5 unit and gave JT his best season ever. The Drew Brees decision completely changed the trajectory of the franchise.

Having coaching talent and being decent human beings are two completely different things.

Saban has said that he knew he wasn't an NFL fit from Day 1 in Miami.

“Well, the day I landed in Miami and went to the first press conference,” Saban said Thursday evening, according to AL.com. “I started to realize the difference between the NFL then and what the NFL was like before when I was in it with Bill Belichick from 1991-94 in Cleveland, before we had free agency, before the media had infiltrated sorta everything that was happening. I guess right then.”
Fair enough, but I still don't buy it. He gets blitzed with media at Alabama all the time and recruiting is a hell of a lot worse than NFL free agency.

I disagree. He went 6-10 his second year because he had Joey Harrington starting 11 games throwing more INTs than TDs.

In a short period of time he built that defense into a legit top 5 unit and gave JT his best season ever. The Drew Brees decision completely changed the trajectory of the franchise.
You can certainly disagree but to me he was just an average NFL head coach who realized he was in over his head at the NFL level. I take nothing away from him as a college head coach but like many other college head coaches who tried to make it in the NFL, he failed.
He inherited the best defensive players on the team from other HC’s with the Dolphins. The draft picks taken while he was the HC of the Dolphins was well below average and considering he had just come from college you would have thought he would have been better at recognizing talent.
He was a liar and a quitter and that will always be his legacy as an NFL head coach.

Fair enough, but I still don't buy it. He gets blitzed with media at Alabama all the time and recruiting is a hell of a lot worse than NFL free agency.
In the NFL free agents go where they get the most money in nearly every instance. In college high school players sign with the colleges who can best pay them under the table. Alabama has plenty of financial boosters who are willing to pay players to attend Alabama. This happens at most every top college football school and anyone who denies this is simple naive.

I was furious that we passed on Brady Quinn for Ted Ginn.

Funny thing, while Teddy Ginn isn’t a HOF level talent or even an all-pro, he’s forged a decent career and is still playing today. He certainly ended up becoming a better draft selection than Brady Quinn.

Jason Allen, Ted Ginn, Charles Harris, Dion Jordan. They say Jets fans are always ticked off on draft day but i think Dolphins have a curse with first round picks. Minus X.

C’mon now. Ginn doesn’t belong with the others. Be fair.

He’s had a 13 year career and counting. Scored 42 TD’s. And still playing.

He wasn’t Jerry Rice, or even half the player he was, but he’s been much more effective and productive than any of those three other players. Probably combined.

Back
Top Bottom