Confession Time | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confession Time

I'll add Matt Burke to the list, I got right. You could tell, he was in waaaaay over his head. Thank god the Gorilla in the Mist is off someplace else. The guy had no clue!!!

And while I stupidly wanted Quinn over Ginn, I did correctly want to get Brees in the draft AND for a 2nd time in free agency when we incorrectly chose Culpepper over him. Man, those were such bone head moves (drafting Jamar freaking Fletcher over Brees?! wtf )

Right:
Wanted Brees over Jamar Fletcher
AJ Feeley was going to be a bust
Trading a 3rd round pick to rams for rb (I think Gordon) when Rickey quit.

Wrong:
Thought Cecil Collins was answer at RB
Saban was a good hire
Wanted to draft Brady Quinn

I've allowed myself o get excited about players and been wrong but it's usually like I already had a feeling but gave them a shot anyways. Charles Harris is a great example. I didn't like the pick but I warmed up to it and thought maybe I could be wrong but I was right in the end. I think that's what most of us fin fans do regularly

Wanted Vince Wilfork over Venon Carey. Knew it was a mistake picking need over BPA. I was wrong about us taking Tannehill over Wilson

Well he flat out quit on us, so there is that.

I don’t know - I think he just got a better job offer and took it. I’ve done that many times myself. I’d encourage anybody to do it if it makes sense for them.

Quitting is more like what Bobby Petrino did to the Falcons. He just quit with games still left to play.

Dr. Whitt and Mal Moore were not taking no for an answer. They were getting Saban no matter what. He had rejected their offer more than once.

I was totally wrong about Adam Gase after year 1. Bought into the 'genius next BB' talk but he turned out to be a total **** of an individual/coach.
I heard Kim Bokamper on a Dolphins podcast talk about Gase. In his first year as head coach, Bokamper asked Gase about all the penalties the Dolphins committed in a win. Gase told Bokamper that he wasn’t worried about them. Bokamper said he knew right there that Gase wouldn’t be successful.

I thought Jimmy Johnson would bring another SB to Miami and that Saban would rebuild the Dolphins into a consistent winner with many years of playoff teams. I was fooled in both those cases and along with thinking Sparano and Gase were the answer after leading the Dolphins to the playoffs in their first year with the Dolphins. I will no longer believe in any Dolphin head coach until he has been the head coach for at least three years and shows he can put a winning team on the field and the team improves each year.
I fell for both (Jimmy and Saban)of those banana’s in the tailpipe..

and throw in an unhealthy obsession of bill parcels.

I don’t know - I think he just got a better job offer and took it. I’ve done that many times myself. I’d encourage anybody to do it if it makes sense for them.

Quitting is more like what Bobby Petrino did to the Falcons. He just quit with games still left to play.

Dr. Whitt and Mal Moore were not taking no for an answer. They were getting Saban no matter what. He had rejected their offer more than once.
Happy wife Happy life

Back
Top Bottom