Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean

Total anecdote incoming, so take it for what it's worth.

My son was a college athlete (played tennis for two years in 2019-20) and every athlete had to go through a baseline concussion test before the season started. I don't know the protocols that the NFL uses as compared to college, but the college test -- the BASELINE test just to get cleared to play at the beginning of the seaosn -- had a pretty big failure rate. Link below cites a study that says that the baseline failure rate among athletes taking preseason neurological exams (so ones with no reason to feel that they are concussed) is 29%. In my son's case, he failed it twice (with at least a week between tests) before he passed it a third time. He's never played a contact sport in his life nor had anything that we would ever had worried about a concussion.....zero reason to even slightly suspect he ever had one or certainly had affects when he took the test. In the baseline tests, athletes have a certain amount of memorization skills that had to be shown. I had some some of my co-workers (teachers) take the test and they didn't pass it initially.

Now.....I don't know what procedures are used in the locker room to test for concussion nor do I know what happens in follow tests the days after. I just know from son's experience that if there were a suspected concussion, he would have to take the baseline concussion test again. In Tua's case, we know he was examined at halftime and every day that followed. I think the characterization that you could fool medical professionals by lying about your injury is a mischaracterization.

Side note, I also know that at one point in college my son told me after he was done playing tennis that he felt he might have had a concussion (while putting the team's heavy cooler away on a shelf, it fell and hit him on the head) and he did not tell the staff because his initial experience with the baseline test had him concluding that whether or not he had a concussion, it would take him forever to pass the test. So if he had been tested the number of times that Tua had been, if he had affects of a concussion he would not have passed the protocol; even if he did not have a concussion, he might not have (at least right away).

I don't see it anywhere other than football shows and this forum....please show where else it has broken into the "whole world" Or even in another country.....
I did actually read it in the Milky Way Daily. This is a news story that has spread across the entire galaxy. Little green men on planet Zoltar are talking non-stop about it while getting their little retractable antennas polished.
1664759633393.png

Last edited:
The dolphins are going to have to draft another qb unless they think skylar will develop. That’s pretty obvious when your qb misses time each of his first 3 years. That’s likely true if they shelved him for the year or not, it’s hedging your bets.

I call what your doing an agenda based on two things, your post history and the fact that your hyper focused on Tua’s injury while ignoring the plethora of other similar injuries, just like the media you’ve criticized. This is NOT the first time players have had back to back concussions. It won’t be the last.

the Only way Miami gets Tua to not play at some time this season us to put him on season ending IR. If they do that what message is it sending to the players and fans especially when all the scans and data are coming back with positive news?
Exactly there is no way they can justify putting him on the IR with everything coming back clean.

The dolphins are going to have to draft another qb unless they think skylar will develop. That’s pretty obvious when your qb misses time each of his first 3 years. That’s likely true if they shelved him for the year or not, it’s hedging your bets.

I call what your doing an agenda based on two things, your post history and the fact that your hyper focused on Tua’s injury while ignoring the plethora of other similar injuries, just like the media you’ve criticized. This is NOT the first time players have had back to back concussions. It won’t be the last.

the Only way Miami gets Tua to not play at some time this season us to put him on season ending IR. If they do that what message is it sending to the players and fans especially when all the scans and data are coming back with positive news?
Dude, of course this happens to a lot of players every single game. But those incidents aren't getting the attention that this one is. Are they? Hell, I seen delven cook get lit up with a head to head contact tackle today and no one, I mean no one said one word about it. And he stayed in the game.

Fact is, the NFL does its best to keep this **** under wraps. Just so happens they couldn't this time. This is why we are all talking about it.

As for my post history, say what you will but I've never shied away from my opinions. I've been critical of him but I've also been super happy to see him perform they way he has this year. So whatever, I guess I have an agenda if it makes you feel better

What grounds do the NFL have to hold him out of games once he’s out of the concussion protocol and is medically cleared across the board?

And what punishments could the Dolphins possibly face going forward if they let him play at that point and he gets hurt again? None. He can choose to retire on his own. He won’t. He’s a football player who is out with an injury. When he returns from that injury, he shall get back on the field. Simply put.

Let’s all just pray that he learns the valuable lesson of living to play the next down. Get rid of that football my man.

I guess some fans think that even if he's medically cleared the NFL can somehow override that and make the player sit for a longer period of time. I hope the NFL realizes how stupid they would look if they tried to play doctor.

Medical professional: This player has cleared concussion protocol and is 100% good to go
NFL: Nah, the player should sit the rest of the season

He was cleared after the Buffalo game also. It hasn’t stopped the outrage from the media and the talking heads. Listen, I don’t even think he had a concussion in the Buffalo game, but it really doesn’t matter what you or I think, most people believe it. Perception is reality in this case. Hell, a doctor was already fired over it and the league made a rule change because of it. Don’t act like the league isn’t feeling the pressure. Nobody wants to see Tua back in the field more than I do. I think the season is over if he doesn’t return. I couldn’t bare having to watch Bridgewater play for an extended period of time.
Question:

If the NFLPA's investigation turns out that there was no evidence of a concussion either during the Buffalo game or in the day's afterward leading up to the Cincy game, will they fight to represent Tua should the NFL try to put their thumb on the scale to delay him coming back?

I guess some fans think that even if he's medically cleared the NFL can somehow override that and make the player sit for a longer period of time. I hope the NFL realizes how stupid they would look if they tried to play doctor.

Medical professional: This player has cleared concussion protocol and is 100% good to go
Exactly! They have no authority to do that!

Question:

If the NFLPA's investigation turns out that there was no evidence of a concussion either during the Buffalo game or in the day's afterward leading up to the Cincy game, will they fight to represent Tua should the NFL try to put their thumb on the scale to delay him coming back?
I would hope so because they would be opening a can of worms for every other player that has a concussion going forward as well.

Question:

What is the policy for returning if you have a concussion two games in a row?

Well, the NFL does have independent doctors who are meant to examine such issues in game, so I wouldn't say they can't have a say in it. That said, the NFL does have a history of making a lot of decisions based on the 'visuals'. Remember that Ray Rice's initial suspension was two games. It was lengthened after the video became public.

What is the policy for returning if you have a concussion two games in a row?
I don't think it's any different in terms of getting cleared by protocol, although I am sure there are more players that likely proceed with more caution than if it were one -- especially veteran players that have been around awhil.

I don't think it's any different in terms of getting cleared by protocol, although I am sure there are more players that likely proceed with more caution than if it were one -- especially veteran players that have been around awhil.
Exactly, but no difference in one game or two.

Well, the NFL does have independent doctors who are meant to examine such issues in game, so I wouldn't say they can't have a say in it. That said, the NFL does have a history of making a lot of decisions based on the 'visuals'. Remember that Ray Rice's initial suspension was two games. It was lengthened after the video became public.
You comparing apples to oranges. Ray Rice hit a woman that was caught on camera! This is a medical issue. Totally different!

Back
Top Bottom