Congemi's Takeaways From Ota No. 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congemi's Takeaways From Ota No. 9

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
1) Versatile Safeties - One of the luxuries of drafting defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick is that he could contribute in multiple positions for the Dolphins defense. That was on full display during Wednesday’s practice inside the bubble. Fitzpatrick joined fellow safeties Reshad Jones and T.J. McDonald and spent some time inside at the dime position. This defensive formation gives Miami two excellent cover players inside with nickel corner Bobby McCain holding down the opposite side of the field. When opposing teams want to attack with multiple wide receivers and an empty backfield, the Miami defense shouldn’t have a shortage of quality cover defenders.

2) Added Speed at Receiver - Between wide outs Jakeem Grant and newcomer Albert Wilson, the Dolphins have added more pure speed and quickness to the overall receiving core. The way Grant has matured into a viable threat on the outside, this will allow Wilson more space on the inside to make big plays with more run after catch opportunities. When you add that to the consistency of Danny Amendola, Kenny Stills and DaVante Parker, quarterback Ryan Tannehill should have plenty of options at his disposal. This also sets the bar higher for players like Rashawn Scott and Malcolm Lewis, who both had excellent days catching the football today.

3) Offensive Bounces Back in Two Minute Drill - If yesterday was a win for the defense on the practice field, today was a totally different outcome during the two minute drill offensively. The drill simulated a end of game scenario, with the offense down by seven points and a minute left in the game. Starting at their own 30-yard line, quarterback Ryan Tannehill led the first unit down the field, connecting with Kenny Stills deep down the sidelines to move the ball to the plus 30-yard line. After a pass to Amandola moved the ball to the 8, Ryan again found Stills on a slant route for six. The offense went for two and that’s where Tannehill found Amandola wide open for the two point conversion and the simulated victory. The second units then continued the period with the same situation, and the result was the same. Back-up quarterback David Fales moves the offense down the field, and found rookie tight end Mike Gesickideep down the middle, setting up a scoring strike to tight end Gavin Escobar. Going for the win, Fales lobbed a fade route high in the air, and verses man to man coverage, Gesicki went up high and came down with the catch.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...OTA-No-9/e248c0b3-ba2d-4ab4-a69f-95c6c7b1e8f2

I don't know why, but I just don't like John Congemi. I don't think he really adds much to the Dolphins digital brand and doesn't really do anything compelling that makes you want to read or listen to his stuff.

I don't know why, but I just don't like John Congemi. I don't think he really adds much to the Dolphins digital brand and doesn't really do anything compelling that makes you want to read or listen to his stuff.
Yeah but we’ve only got like 3 or 4 choices for local beat guys, so can’t hate them all lol.

I actually like Congemi. He knows his stuff far more than most of the digital people. He understands the game better and it comes across when he is allowed to analyze things.

It's another OTA, really doesn't mean anything. Although, I'm guessing the ridiculous reports of Gesicki being a bust might die down a bit for a few days.

I think the negativity surrounding Gesicki so far are just reporters trying to sell stories. They seem to forget not everyone is a superstar right out of the gate. Some players like a Mike Gesicki, may need time to adjust or develop? As far as Congemi is concerned, I think he does a solid job analyising and do like reading his reports or analysis on the Dolphins. I wish he'd replace asshat Omar!!!

I think Gongemi does a decent job, but he was a better qb. One thing to remember is his articles are on the team web site, so everything is going to be positive.

John's ok. When he played for Pitt in college I believe he broke lots of Marino's records there so he does know the game and he has a lot more credibility than those other reporters
That said he's paid to be a homer so don't expect him to ever be overly critical of anything Dolphin related. I can live with that

Last time I saw a fade completed was Rishard.

Last time it was a fade to a TE was a dream...
So I've got good news and bad news.

The Good news:

You're going to see a LOT more fades than in the past, and you'll definitely see multiple ones this year for TD's.

The Bad news:

We're still several months away from a real game. So, you're going to have to wait a while to see a meaningful one I'm afraid.

So I've got good news and bad news.

The Good news:

You're going to see a LOT more fades than in the past, and you'll definitely see multiple ones this year for TD's.

The Bad news:

We're still several months away from a real game. So, you're going to have to wait a while to see a meaningful one I'm afraid.

LyWZifO.gif

Back
Top Bottom