Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Superself, Jun 13, 2018.
So much win in this one. So much.
I don't know why, but I just don't like John Congemi. I don't think he really adds much to the Dolphins digital brand and doesn't really do anything compelling that makes you want to read or listen to his stuff.
Yeah but we’ve only got like 3 or 4 choices for local beat guys, so can’t hate them all lol.
Real excited for the offense and it’s potential.
I actually like Congemi. He knows his stuff far more than most of the digital people. He understands the game better and it comes across when he is allowed to analyze things.
It's another OTA, really doesn't mean anything. Although, I'm guessing the ridiculous reports of Gesicki being a bust might die down a bit for a few days.
I think the negativity surrounding Gesicki so far are just reporters trying to sell stories. They seem to forget not everyone is a superstar right out of the gate. Some players like a Mike Gesicki, may need time to adjust or develop? As far as Congemi is concerned, I think he does a solid job analyising and do like reading his reports or analysis on the Dolphins. I wish he'd replace asshat Omar!!!
I think Gongemi does a decent job, but he was a better qb. One thing to remember is his articles are on the team web site, so everything is going to be positive.
Mike Gesicki for the win. Music to my ears.
John's ok. When he played for Pitt in college I believe he broke lots of Marino's records there so he does know the game and he has a lot more credibility than those other reporters
That said he's paid to be a homer so don't expect him to ever be overly critical of anything Dolphin related. I can live with that
Any news of of OTAs that don't involve the police is good news. I'm happy to read all of it.
Last time I saw a fade completed was Rishard.
Last time it was a fade to a TE was a dream...
So I've got good news and bad news.
The Good news:
You're going to see a LOT more fades than in the past, and you'll definitely see multiple ones this year for TD's.
The Bad news:
We're still several months away from a real game. So, you're going to have to wait a while to see a meaningful one I'm afraid.
Sounds like a better than three win team to me.
I agree. A lot would have to go wrong for a 3-win season. That can happen to any football team, but I think it's more likely Miami makes a playoff run. I think the offense will take a significant step forward.
Here's what I see:
1. Finally some Dime and 3-Safety work on defense. Do you realize they used Dime last year a total of SEVEN times? That's it. The rest of the league uses Dime on like 1 of 6 snaps.
2. More talk about Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant as a pair, working the field together in their own personnel package. This is fantastic. Very similar to what KC did with Tyreek Hill and Albert Wilson, also to what Dowell Loggains experience as the QB Coach in Cleveland back in 2014 with Taylor Gabriel (whom he explicitly compared to Jakeem Grant) and Andrew Hawkins (who compares favorably to Albert Wilson).
3. Any talk about Mike Gesicki dominating during practice is going to get the juices flowing. He's a dominant athlete and will have a ton of opportunities in Gase's offense, which uses a lot of Y-ISO.
Don't feel bad, everyone has a drinking problem during the off-season.
I'd rather listen to him than to omar
I think the only take aways from camp are:
1. No serious injuries
2. No hold outs/all players showed up
3. Ryan, Raekwon, Lippett all we’re film participants rebounding from major surgeries.
I'm between shocked and ecstatic we got Gesicki. I'm not a Tom Brady leg-hugger but I am of Gronk. We now have our own Gronk, I'm gonna call him Geese or maybe we'll be calling him Sicko by the seasons end.
Ota's 2 weeks ago with Ryan
Kid's a beast.
He will leave it all on the stage.
I think the offense has a chance to be exciting. It looks to me like Gase is finally putting together the talent he wants on this unit. I think the addition of Gesicki will be huge and the speed package is something I personally can't wait to see.
I try not to put my 2018 expectations for Gesicki too high . Just give us a few glimpses of what the future might hold, enough so that the opposing defense has to adjust some to handle his threat.
Gesicki should be that red zone target that has been missing much to long. Field goals are not enough.