Congrats to drake | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congrats to drake

GOfins54

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He escaped this cancerous organization. Already had a solid game last night.

Good job Grier, I’m sure that 5th is gonna really matter.

Drake was going to …. umm, nevermind. If you don't understand it at this point, there's really no point. As you were!
Talent is talent. We have thrown all of ours away. Now we have to hope we hit in the draft. Hitting on a QB in the first round is very hit and miss, no matter how highly rated out of college they are. What we are doing is desperate and no 'winner' would ever associate with such an episode.

Is sad to see all the players we move flourish with other teams. I understand the plan but when players flourish its because we did not use them properly. Poor coaching does that. Why not use Drake like the Cardinals did. Why use Minkah as a corner when clearly his best position is safety. Why move Tannehill for so little?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but didn't two different coaches deem Drake less than a workhorse back? I'm happy for him, hoo-ray, but he had flashes in Miami too. I'm a Dolphin and Falcon fan so while people are bashing what the Dolphins did, I wish the Falcons had done the same. Now that team is cap heavy, and the GM and coach should be hitting the bricks shortly. At least in Miami, a gazillion draft picks and money can change the outlook. Jeez. Knew it wouldn't take long to get this take.

Talent is talent. We have thrown all of ours away. Now we have to hope we hit in the draft. Hitting on a QB in the first round is very hit and miss, no matter how highly rated out of college they are. What we are doing is desperate and no 'winner' would ever associate with such an episode.
He was offered a contract extension, him nor his representation answered or countered. So where we to just let him walk or try to get something for him, please explain.

Tannehill was moved for so little cause that was his market value.

He was seen as a backup QB around the league.

Only mistake I see is Fitzpatrick not being used as a FS.
I agree with Minkah. I haven't watched a lot of pro football. Any idea what Pittsburgh is doing with him?

I liked Drake a lot. Really think he can bring explosiveness and big play potential to an offense. But the thing is that he was in the last year of a contract. You don't want to overpay, especially at the front end of a rebuild for a RB that gets dinged a bit and has put the ball on the ground in some key situations. If you don't think you can keep him on a team friendly deal, move him and get something. It's a business...

I liked Drake a lot. Really think he can bring explosiveness and big play potential to an offense. But the thing is that he was in the last year of a contract. You don't want to overpay, especially at the front end of a rebuild for a RB that gets dinged a bit and has put the ball on the ground in some key situations. If you don't think you can keep him on a team friendly deal, move him and get something. It's a business...
Stop confusing us with something resembling a fair view.

It was one game - he was obviously playing with a chip on his shoulder and was trying to show something out there. While I am happy to see him do well, I won't call his stint in Arizona a smashing success just yet. Especially when their #1 RB and #2 RB are nursing injuries and didn't play. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out and how much playing time he gets when they come back. And see what the Dolphins do with the draft pick before we declare this is a failure by management.

While I do agree with you that the team has gone way overboard in dumping talent (and there is ZERO guarantee that Tua or whoever is going to cure our ills), keep in mind that Drake was a FA at the end of the season regardless. Add the fact that Miami made him an extension offer which he did not even reply to, no counter offer, totally disregarded,

The man was leaving, no question. Not a money thing, else he would have countered. He’s had enough, and I don’t blame him.

He is young and productive. He was misused. He wants to show his stuff and play, especially right now during his glory years.

And I don’t blame him a bit.

Tannehill was moved for so little cause that was his market value.

He was seen as a backup QB around the league.

Only mistake I see is Fitzpatrick not being used as a FS.
Point is if market is so little why not keep him and trade him at deadline if market for him improves. If not use him like Fitzmagic.

Back
Top Bottom