Congrats to the Dolphins

BroncosFreak

Rookie
Joined
Sep 26, 2002
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
The Broncos played a good game, but made mistakes. The Dolphins played a good game and didn't. Congrats and good luck to the Dolphins.

Personally, I'm hoping the Broncos don't have to make a trip to Miami in the playoffs.;)
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2002
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Congrats guys. That was one hell of a game!

Enjoy it!

You'd better do the same to the Faiders....
 

Scrap

Go Fins
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
10,241
Reaction score
450
Location
Chester,Va.
No offense, but I am hoping the Broncos won't make the playoffs.If Miami has to play them again(home or away) I see me being nervous.
 

phins054

Pitbull
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Thanks Bronco fans...that was one HELL of a game...glad we came out on top...See you in the playoffs.;)
 

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Joined
Jul 3, 2002
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Bethlehem PA
Originally posted by BroncosFreak
The Broncos played a good game, but made mistakes. The Dolphins played a good game and didn't. Congrats and good luck to the Dolphins.

Personally, I'm hoping the Broncos don't have to make a trip to Miami in the playoffs.;)
Nice way to cover up a stab with a nice post... so you were basicaly saying that if the Broncos didn't make mistakes they would have won?? well Miami made mistakes also buddy.. a missed field goal.. and some dropped passes, most notably in the 4th quarter when a 1st down would have put the game away McMicheal dropped an easy first down catch. we then had to punt and gave you a chance to drive down and kick that field goal..

So the post should read... both teams played a good game and BOTH teams made mistakes... but the better team won in the end.
Period.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by BroncosFreak
The Broncos played a good game, but made mistakes. The Dolphins played a good game and didn't. Congrats and good luck to the Dolphins.
thanks and I agree with you - the Broncs should have stuck w/Portis and not left JT tee off on Griese like that - which led to 2 big INTs. At home, you take away those INTs and the Broncs win
 

BroncosFreak

Rookie
Joined
Sep 26, 2002
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Geez, knock the chip off of your shoulder. I've never seen someone so intent to argue about how many mistakes their team made! I try to come in and be a good sport and you try to read something in to my post and question me personally! The majority of the Dolphins fans who I interacted with here and at BroncosFreak before and after the game were classy -- to you I would like to say thanks.

Now back to the game. Both teams played a solid game, but the Dolphins deserved the win because ultimately they executed better. So I give full credit to the Dolphins and they were the better team Sunday. As I stated on BroncosFreak on Sunday after the game: "Credit the Dolphins. The Broncos stats will end up looking better, but they made the mistakes and the Dolphins didn't. The Dolphins deserved the win."

However, Denver pretty much dominated this game in the stats, particularly time of possession and total yards. However, they didn't execute when they needed to, and the Dolphins did. In their two losses this season, the Broncos have outgained their opponents by a total of 813-459. But did they deserve to lose those games? Yes, very much. Did they show they were capable of winning those games? Yes. Were they the better team on those days? No.

So, congrats to the Dolphins for winning the game and deserving to do so.
 

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,250
Reaction score
406
Location
SO CAL
Re: Re: Congrats to the Dolphins

Originally posted by gottahavefootba


Nice way to cover up a stab with a nice post... so you were basicaly saying that if the Broncos didn't make mistakes they would have won?? well Miami made mistakes also buddy.. a missed field goal.. and some dropped passes, most notably in the 4th quarter when a 1st down would have put the game away McMicheal dropped an easy first down catch. we then had to punt and gave you a chance to drive down and kick that field goal..

So the post should read... both teams played a good game and BOTH teams made mistakes... but the better team won in the end.
Period.
I've noticed everyone in Denver talks about IF Mobley had caught his tip pass at the end of the game, resulting in our winning FG....but what if Madison hadn't dropped an even easier one on his overturned INT where Denver benefitted from our mistake and got a FG?
 

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,250
Reaction score
406
Location
SO CAL
Illegal hit had huge impact on the game IMO

Originally posted by BroncosFreak
Geez, knock the chip off of your shoulder. I've never seen someone so intent to argue about how many mistakes their team made! I try to come in and be a good sport and you try to read something in to my post and question me personally! The majority of the Dolphins fans who I interacted with here and at BroncosFreak before and after the game were classy -- to you I would like to say thanks.

Now back to the game. Both teams played a solid game, but the Dolphins deserved the win because ultimately they executed better. So I give full credit to the Dolphins and they were the better team Sunday. As I stated on BroncosFreak on Sunday after the game: "Credit the Dolphins. The Broncos stats will end up looking better, but they made the mistakes and the Dolphins didn't. The Dolphins deserved the win."

However, Denver pretty much dominated this game in the stats, particularly time of possession and total yards. However, they didn't execute when they needed to, and the Dolphins did. In their two losses this season, the Broncos have outgained their opponents by a total of 813-459. But did they deserve to lose those games? Yes, very much. Did they show they were capable of winning those games? Yes. Were they the better team on those days? No.

So, congrats to the Dolphins for winning the game and deserving to do so.

I think a large part of Denvers success controlling some statistical aspect of the game were a direct result of the illegal hit on Chambers. Lets face it, with Chambers out Denver was alot more comfortable playing with 8 men in the box. I've rewatched the game already, and they went to a 5-3 look (OLB up on line and SS up in LB range) from their usual 4-3 from the point Chambers went out. Before Chambers went out, they ran it mostly on early downs, after Chambers went out, they ran it 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs, unless it was long yardage. If chambers was in the game, no way could they get away with that.....IMO
 

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Joined
Jul 3, 2002
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Bethlehem PA
Originally posted by BroncosFreak
Geez, knock the chip off of your shoulder. I've never seen someone so intent to argue about how many mistakes their team made! I try to come in and be a good sport and you try to read something in to my post and question me personally! The majority of the Dolphins fans who I interacted with here and at BroncosFreak before and after the game were classy -- to you I would like to say thanks.

Now back to the game. Both teams played a solid game, but the Dolphins deserved the win because ultimately they executed better. So I give full credit to the Dolphins and they were the better team Sunday. As I stated on BroncosFreak on Sunday after the game: "Credit the Dolphins. The Broncos stats will end up looking better, but they made the mistakes and the Dolphins didn't. The Dolphins deserved the win."

However, Denver pretty much dominated this game in the stats, particularly time of possession and total yards. However, they didn't execute when they needed to, and the Dolphins did. In their two losses this season, the Broncos have outgained their opponents by a total of 813-459. But did they deserve to lose those games? Yes, very much. Did they show they were capable of winning those games? Yes. Were they the better team on those days? No.

So, congrats to the Dolphins for winning the game and deserving to do so.
Sorry if I came off a little bad there.. I didn't realize you were an actual thinking poster... I'm used to the Jets fans coming in here saying if this and if that.. how they should have won... yada yada.. It was a Hell of a game and both teams played their balls off.. hopefully if we meet you in the playoffs it will be in our house :)
 

Cranx

Hammered
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Orange County, CA
Thanks guys! As I said before, I think these were the two best teams in the AFC playing against one another and it showed. I don't think I've seen a better game- regular season or playoffs- in several years; and yes, I would have said the same thing had we lost.

I think we will meet again in the playoffs, only it will be in our house as we have a much easier road than do the Broncos. I'm not saying there are any push-overs in the AFC East, I'm simply saying that the West is full of monsters teams with far fewer flaws than the the teams in the East. Good luck the rest of the year and here's to the Broncos trouncing the Faiders twice this year with Miami doing the same!
:drinkers: :up:
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
53
Location
your six
Hey Beantown, all those statistical, things we were arguing about last week.....throw 'em out the window!:lol:

You guys get to keep your number 2 run defense and outgain us on offense and we get the win. Go figure.

TO's and defense won the game for us along with alot of luck, I gotta admit.

It was a great game and good luck the rest of the way. I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other again so, 'til then, give'em hell!
 
Top Bottom