Congratulations, Fin Fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations, Fin Fans

That's where the cap is right now, but on June 1, Vinny's contract hit of 9 million drops down to 500,000. Some weird clause in the contract. They plan on resturcturing Green, Jones, D Robinson, and possibly C Martin(8 mil cap hit this year).

Our cap problems are well under control when Glenn and Coleman are taken.

17 mil over
-8.5 for Vinny
-8.0 for Glenn
-5.0 for Coleman
-0.5 for Young
--------
+5.0 mil

Then we have to resign Fabini, Farrior, maybe Jenkins. They can be cap friendly contracts though with back loaded $ and lots of up front bonus $. After restructuring the above mentioned players, there's plenty of $$ for free-agents. If they so choose.

Originally posted by CHOPS44
Hey 13, love the new photo. Are you trying to show more of your wonderful personality?

Awe, thanks. :) I have a multi-dimensional personality, so I must continue to change my photo. :p :lol: Stay tuned............... :)

I can't dispute your numbers because stupid espn took down their cap #s for each team, but I was almost positive they had the Jets at -20.5 mill. The other problem is Fabini is all but certain he will get the franchise tag witch will cost the Jets 4.5 mill, and your Vinny theory is great if true(seems unlikely), but the hole is you have be below the cap march 1st not june 1st. What FAs will still be available on june 1st when the Jets knock off that 8.5 mill?

I rechecked the numbers and it was 20.5. I forgot they resigned JP Machado. On 3/1 Vinny's salary is reduced to the vet minimum of 0.5 mil. However if he's still on the roster after 6/1 he receives a 8 million bonus. I believe it was a cap loophole to make the contract cap friendly. If they release him they take a 12 million cap hit. The plan is to rework his contract in the 2-3 million range after 3/1. They still have to account for the $ since it was bonus money already paid.

However Curtis Martin's cap hit of 6 mil is all salary and can be easily reworked(or they could trade him).

I know that D Robinson will have to take a pay cut or be released, and V Green is probably gone.

IMO the 'franchise' tag placed on Fabini is only step 1 in negotiations. They don't have to give him 4.4 in the long run. That's just to scare off the competition or get compensated if we lose him. He will be signed to a long term/early cap friendly contract.

They can resign him after the franchise tag, but not untill after june 1st keeping his cap hit untill june 1st at 4.4 mill. If they resign him before june 1st they lose their franchise tag for next season.

I also have heard that they are very unlikely to rework Vinny's contract since this is probably his last year they want to get most of his signing bonus out of the way so he doesn't kill them next year. If they move his bonus to next year that would be like commiting cap suicide.

I know that D Robinson will have to take a pay cut or be released, and V Green is probably gone.

I'd hate to be the one to have to tell Robinson that he is cut! Unless, of course, he is frisked thoroughly upon entering the building.:lol: :lol:

my exact thoughts!

Originally posted by inFINSible

I'd hate to be the one to have to tell Robinson that he is cut! Unless, of course, he is frisked thoroughly upon entering the building.:lol: :lol:
i thought about that when the jets came to miami, know wonder they were shut out!:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Dajesus
I also have heard that they are very unlikely to rework Vinny's contract since this is probably his last year they want to get most of his signing bonus out of the way so he doesn't kill them next year. If they move his boun to next year that would be like commiting cap suicide.

There's no way they give him a 8 million bonus. And there's no way that Vinny plays for the league minimum.(although that's all he's worth) I have a feeling they'll wind up giving him 2-3 million. Just a feeling though. Parcells gave him a contract that now has the franchise by the balls. Mo Lewis has a similar deal, and he tried giving the same to Cox.(was he trying to get these players cut in case he came back to coaching? wouldn't put it past the fat man.)

Back
Top Bottom