Congratulations on your draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations on your draft

• First round, 29th overall: CB Eric Stokes, Georgia. ...
  • Second round, 62nd overall: OL Josh Myers, Ohio State. ...
  • Third round, 85th overall: WR Amari Rodgers, Clemson. ...
  • Fourth round, 142nd overall: OL Royce Newman, Ole Miss. ...
  • Fifth round, 173rd overall: DL Tedarrell Slaton, Florida.
Here’s our picks.
That's a good draft. Can't wait to hear Rodgers to Rodgers!

I hope Rodgers comes back though.
There's a good argument both ways regarding the Love pick.

As a Dolphins fan, Miami didn't have someone waiting in the wings when Marino retired. That really set the franchise back.

I don't blame GB for drafting Love, but had they gone receiver maybe the Packers get past Tampa Bay in the NFC title game.

I assume that is Rodgers issue?

I think Tua wil be excited

I think the O wil feel good

i think the D wil feel supported

I am pleased we got a big hopefully hungry back and didn’t use an early pick

You guys think we can still compete with Jordan Love?
I hate to say it, but the biggest problem may be your head coach. That's a tough one to overcome.

Maybe he learns from his mistakes, but it still bugs me that he went for a field goal instead of a touchdown when the Packers reached the eight-yard line.

What are the thoughts about Love among GB fans?

thanks but drafting a #2 WR at #6 using next year's 1st and using a 3rd next year to move up and draft a RT, hurts. Just gotta hope our very talented DE Phillips doesn't ever hit his head again or he may retire. Another gem draft by Grier smh. I see your draft was less than spectacular as well. At least you have two franchise QBs on the roster where we have none :(
1620005162560.png

I think you guys had a very solid draft. What’s your thoughts? Much love to you guys and I hope you guys dominate this year.

I may have some news for you on the situation between A. Rogers and Green Bays management. This is pure speculation on my part, but it makes too much sense for me to ignore.

A. Rogers wants the Packers to get rid of there new GM. The source for this did not say why. Let me see, Aaron isn't:

1) Being told that a new QB was coming.
2) Happy with current or past coaching decisions.

Management says they want Rogers to play out his contract in Green Bay. To support this they bring in a new GM and then they:

1) Don't tell Aaron that a new QB was coming.
2) Don't show support any more changes to the current Staff.

Does not Compute!

What does compute is this:
1) Rogers has a big contract for 4 or 5 more years.
2) It is probably too big to make any cost effective trade possible.
3) GB management would like to see Rogers go away.
4) GB management is tired of Rogers being a Prima Donna, they have seen this act before.
5) They hired a new GM to handle things, hum, what things. How about this:

They new Gm's special project is to piss off Rogers so much that he retires, thus killing the expense of his big contract.

They will achieve this by ignoring his wishes, growing the team as if he wasn't there, picking players that meet the new coaches plans, continue to get rid of key supporting players in order to set up trades and control cap space and start playing better in spite of Rogers, not because of him.

If all this is actually happening, then I am probably right. I can't help it - LOL

I personally love Rogers as a QB, but when a QB whines enough to help get a coach fired, he has cut his own throat. Being right will not be considered an acceptable excuse by management.

I hope this bit of my casual insight helps you make sense out of what is going on up there.

Just a Dolphins fan trying to support a visitor who give our board intelligent and interesting posts.

I think you guys had a very solid draft. What’s your thoughts? Much love to you guys and I hope you guys dominate this year.
Glad you give the approval but... I believe we gave up a generational talent then got out played by other teams throughout the draft ~ a disaster

You guys think we can still compete with Jordan Love?
In terms of long term potential Love was actually my third favorite QB in last year’s draft. I watched him against my Sparty defense week one of 2018 and I honestly thought our defense was going to have a down year. Turns out that Michigan State D was actually pretty damn good until the incompetence on offense started to wear them down towards the end of the year. But Love just kept leading drives, making plays, making good decisions and good throws and keeping that game tight. After that I watched him tear up lesser competition in the MWC and thought “okay, this kid is legit”. Yes, 2019 was a down year for him, but you’re dealing with new coach, new offensive philosophy, and basically new skill players to deliver the ball to. Not that I’m making excuses for him, but that is a lot of turnover for any young QB to adjust to. Going to GB was the perfect landing spot for him, I thought, much like Rodgers way back in the day when he could sit and learn behind Favre (who also wasn’t too thrilled about his replacement being drafted iirc). He’s a phenomenal player with a high ceiling and I’m excited to see what he can do whenever he takes over in GB (though for his sake I hope he gets another year on the bench to pick up more of the cerebral side to the game).

I may have some news for you on the situation between A. Rogers and Green Bays management. This is pure speculation on my part, but it makes too much sense for me to ignore.

A. Rogers wants the Packers to get rid of there new GM. The source for this did not say why. Let me see, Aaron isn't:

1) Being told that a new QB was coming.
2) Happy with current or past coaching decisions.

Management says they want Rogers to play out his contract in Green Bay. To support this they bring in a new GM and then they:

1) Don't tell Aaron that a new QB was coming.
2) Don't show support any more changes to the current Staff.

Does not Compute!

What does compute is this:
1) Rogers has a big contract for 4 or 5 more years.
2) It is probably too big to make any cost effective trade possible.
3) GB management would like to see Rogers go away.
4) GB management is tired of Rogers being a Prima Donna, they have seen this act before.
5) They hired a new GM to handle things, hum, what things. How about this:

They new Gm's special project is to piss off Rogers so much that he retires, thus killing the expense of his big contract.

They will achieve this by ignoring his wishes, growing the team as if he wasn't there, picking players that meet the new coaches plans, continue to get rid of key supporting players in order to set up trades and control cap space and start playing better in spite of Rogers, not because of him.

If all this is actually happening, then I am probably right. I can't help it - LOL

I personally love Rogers as a QB, but when a QB whines enough to help get a coach fired, he has cut his own throat. Being right will not be considered an acceptable excuse by management.

I hope this bit of my casual insight helps you make sense out of what is going on up there.

Just a Dolphins fan trying to support a visitor who give our board intelligent and interesting posts.
I believe the issue is more straightforward. They never told Rodgers they were going to draft Love; he found out after the pick was public. At that point their relationship was over. He wants a contract extension because the team’s out in his contract is 2022. He knows a 1st round pick QB on a cheap contract is sitting on the bench. Not much point playing for a team that will probably cut you in a year or two to save money. That being said, I heard Love was pretty much terrible in practices and whatnot last season and a lot of the team questioned the pick.

Thank you and best of luck to you guys also. It is a pleasant surprise to see another fanbase here other than the Patriots, Jets, or Bills. Please keep posting and maybe we can convert you to being a Dolphins fan.

Back
Top Bottom