Convicts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Convicts

steveincolorado

R.I.P. Max
Reaction score
With all the mixed feelings about Ricky Williams, lets take a look at it.

All Ricky did was quit, the Dolphins have had its share of CONVICTS.

WR Charles Jordon, gave money he made from the Dolphins to the gang "Bloods" in Los Angeles. Been in jail.

WR Larmar Thomas,
RB Cecil Collins
RB Irving Spikes
RB Eugene Morris
RB Lawrence Phillips
WR Robert Baker

This came from the book "Pros and Cons of the NFL"

These are just a few Dolphins players that I looked up from the book.

duck-1.jpg

steveincolorado said:

WR Charles Jordon, gave money he made from the Dolphins to the gang "Bloods" in Los Angeles. Been in jail.

WR Larmar Thomas,
RB Cecil Collins
RB Irving Spikes
RB Eugene Morris
RB Lawrence Phillips
WR Robert Baker

If given the chance (and in their prime), which one of these guys on the list would you guys be willing to take back??? feel free to choose multiple answers...

steveincolorado said:

WR Larmar Thomas,
RB Cecil Collins
RB Irving Spikes
RB Eugene Morris
RB Lawrence Phillips
WR Robert Baker

Yeah obviously I was fine with them being on the team, it's just Ricky Williams I have a problem with. Are any of them still on the team? Did any of them commit the crimes before or during their tenure with the team?

Predaphin said:
If given the chance (and in their prime), which one of these guys on the list would you guys be willing to take back??? feel free to choose multiple answers...

First, I only spent about five minutes looking this up, there are more players.

for 2005, hands down........Ricky. Ricky had the chance to be (my opinion) one of the best of all time. Usually RB's have either speed or power, not both. Ricky has both and until he proves that he can't do it, I won't change my opinion.

Lamar Thomas? What did he do other than get a different part of his body broken every 5 weeks?

steveincolorado said:
First, I only spent about five minutes looking this up, there are more players.

for 2005, hands down........Ricky. Ricky had the chance to be (my opinion) one of the best of all time. Usually RB's have either speed or power, not both. Ricky has both and until he proves that he can't do it, I won't change my opinion.

Hehe, yeah, Mercury Morris comes to mind immediately.

Of course, he didn't have a drug problem. *sniff* *sniff*

:wink:

kingnate85 said:
Yeah obviously I was fine with them being on the team, it's just Ricky Williams I have a problem with. Are any of them still on the team? Did any of them commit the crimes before or during their tenure with the team?

Why is nobody ripping Kerry Collins for quitting on Carolina DURING the season. Whats the diffrence? Kerry was a drunk and Ricky smoked pot.

Larmar Thomas, Robert Baker, Lawrence Phillips, Charles Jordon all spent time in jail BEFORE they were Dolphins.

Cecil Collins went to jail still a member of the Dolphins

Eugene Morris was after his playing days. Kinda like Nate Newton of the Cowboys.

Also add to the list.....RB Irving Spikes, cocaine

Agua said:
Lamar Thomas? What did he do other than get a different part of his body broken every 5 weeks?

When he was in Tampa Bay, he had some run-ins with the law. It's in the book.

steveincolorado said:
Why is nobody ripping Kerry Collins for quitting on Carolina DURING the season. Whats the diffrence? Kerry was a drunk and Ricky smoked pot.

Larmar Thomas, Robert Baker, Lawrence Phillips, Charles Jordon all spent time in jail BEFORE they were Dolphins.

Cecil Collins went to jail still a member of the Dolphins

Eugene Morris was after his playing days. Kinda like Nate Newton of the Cowboys.

Also add to the list.....RB Irving Spikes, cocaine

Well I'm not ripping on Kerry Collins because he wasn't a Dolphin and that's all I care about. As for the convicts I didn't want them on the team either. But I'm not in the front office and I have no control over who is on the team and who isn't. But I do have control over who I will respect and who I won't. Those people that you listed don't have my respect and neither does Ricky Williams.

i'd take cecil, lamar thomas (in a heart beat), and sure why not ricky

Randy McMichael, smacked his wife last summer. the case was dropped.

Tony Martin, loaning a friend money for drugs. Remember he almost didn't become a Dolphin in 1999 because of it.

kingnate85 said:
Well I'm not ripping on Kerry Collins because he wasn't a Dolphin and that's all I care about. As for the convicts I didn't want them on the team either. But I'm not in the front office and I have no control over who is on the team and who isn't. But I do have control over who I will respect and who I won't. Those people that you listed don't have my respect and neither does Ricky Williams.

I'am just comparing Ricky to Kerry. There really is no difference. Both had problems and Kerry cleaned his act up and is having a good career.
I'am not going to take sides with anybody on Ricky, but my opinion is I would take him back if he could help us win. You have your reasons for not liking him and thats fine, I respect your opinion.

steveincolorado said:
I'am just comparing Ricky to Kerry. There really is no difference. Both had problems and Kerry cleaned his act up and is having a good career.
I'am not going to take sides with anybody on Ricky, but my opinion is I would take him back if he could help us win. You have your reasons for not liking him and thats fine, I respect your opinion.

I respect yours as well.

steveincolorado said:
I'am just comparing Ricky to Kerry.

Ok. Well, you'll understand then why we couldn't care less about Kerry Collins.

Back
Top Bottom