Cooks Traded To The Rams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cooks Traded To The Rams

My only worry is Mason Rudolph this year. I want us to get him and I do not want our division rivals to get him. He is most pro ready, pocket passer, great accuracy, and killer scorer.

I am not worried about the Jets. They will draft a project at 3. It will take them four years to train him to Tannehill’s level, if they can even manage to do that. They are a bad organization known for ruining and mismanaging quarterbacks.

Bills are a different story. They have a good sense about QBs with the new staff. They drafted Peterman last year, and while Peterman is not good, he is a near miss. They also acquired AJ McCarron who is an excellent QB. His only issue is low attempts, so Im not sure he can carry the NFL passing load over the season. But Bills are on the right track to finding the phenom.
They also have draft picks to move ahead of us.

And then the Patriots. They just acquired pick 23 and have pick 31.
The Patriots are in succession mode. Brady has hinted retirement after 2018. They kept McDaniels as heir apparent to Bill. They need a QB to succeed Brady. Kraft has said that. They are looking into QBs. They have too many roster needs to make another run.
Raiders are sitting right in front of us and the Bills. They just released Walford and could use a tight end. Gruden could also use picks. Patriots are rumored to be shopping Gronkowski in an attempt to move up in draft.

For now, all are sitting put in place, waiting to see who drops and whether to move up. We are rumored to be interested in moving to the Colts’ spot at six.

In all this gameplay for QBs in the division, nothing worries me more than missing out on Rudolph, and Pats or Bills getting him. Nobody seems to be interested in moving up for the top three or four but the Jets. Which leads me to think they are more interested in one of the second-batch quarterbacks.
Especially so after seing Tomlin and the Steelers work out Rudolph. By the way, Big Ben has also hinted retirement. Cardinals being so quiet.
And today, Ozzie Newsome said media might be very surprised at who they pick at 16 if they stay at 16.

This draft is going to be epic. All these QBs are projects. It will take them years to get up to speed, except one. And I do not want that one in the wrong hands. It would be a decade long bad decision. I don’t think the Phins can afford to miss out.

There is no way Rudolph falls to us in the second round, I think. I believe NE takes him with their last first round pick.

NE's FO is the best in the league hands down, they are constantly able to retool every year, add to that BB's philosophy of release players a year early than a year late......they will always be contenders in the league.

Back
Top Bottom