Cornell Armstrong Or Braxton Berrios? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cornell Armstrong Or Braxton Berrios?

Who would you of preferred to draft Cornell Armstrong or Braxton Berrios?

• Cornell Armstrong

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Braxton Berrios

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other player

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The draft is over and it is what it is, but who would you of preferred for us to draft in the 6th round Cornell Armstrong or Braxton Berrios? The Dolphins could of drafted either in the 6th round. Armstrong was picked by the Dolphins at pick 35 and Berrios was picked at 36 by the Patriots.

Last edited:
Armstrong looks pretty good but I would have rolled the bones on Holton Hill. Character concerns/weed but he has the size and talent that would have made a good boundary corner for us.

Yup, Hilton Hill was worth taking a risk on. We had played it safe on all the other picks.

We have too many receivers as it is...but picking Berrios would have been a nice “up yours”, as Belichick clearly wanted him evidenced by his personal visit to him.

We’ll see who the better pro is long term.

I'm a Cane and appreciate everything Berrios did in Coral Gables, but IMHO he isn't an NFL WR. That said, we just re-signed McCain long term so I'm not 100% where Armstrong is gonna fit in the long term scheme of things. I'd have preferred they take a CB that projects outside a bit better in that case. Maybe Armstrong does and I'm just erroneously pigeon holing him based on size.

Give it time to play out. We all have our favorites in the draft, but sometimes we forget about system fit etc. The Dolphins do seem pretty set at wide receiver and have more opportunities at corner.

I loved Berrios as a collegian. However, after the FA signings of Amendola, Wilson his odds of making the team, let alone impacting the team was almost zero.
He has a much better chance of sticking with the Pats as the Phins have more talent and depth at the receiver position. And like any other late round draft choice, his odds of being a good NFL player are statistically low.

Why don’t worry more about which 6th rounders will even play a down in the NFL first

Haven’t see enough of Armstrong to pass judgment.

I know I would have much rather drafted Berrios in the 6th round than to give Albert Wilson 24 million with 14 million guaranteed. That’s for damn sure.

Dolphins picked up 2 guy's CB Cornell Armstrong in the 6th and CB Jalen Davis as an undrafted free agent, gave Davis 45k signing bonus and only gave LB Mike McCray 22k half that.
So looks like they doubled down on 2 smaller CB's....must be looking for something specific here, why else double down...cover smaller quicker receivers possibly, fast backs running pass routes etc...

Davis popped during OTA's.....is getting noticed

For us cornerback may be more of an asset

With the league as it is these days, you must have at the very least 3 healthy corners that are starting material at all times. Berrios would be the 5th WR at best and I dont think he beats anyone returning kicks or punt who's already on roster... No brainer IMO...

Back
Top Bottom