Cornell Green was a steal by TB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cornell Green was a steal by TB

Hmm, the classic second guess would be to say that we lost a player, and he may turn out to be one, but keep in mind, we did turn his trade into our 3rd string QB.

So, we didn't actually get taken on this deal. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done here if he had remained with the team.

From what we saw regarding the cuts, he would have probably been just aonther Henry Taylor, or Rod Kelly type, who just got caught up in that infamous "numbers crunch".

He's strictly a RT. And Todd Wade is firmly entrenched as the RT. Kenyatta Walker has struggled solidly in Tampa. Roman Oben took his LT job. Now Green is taking his RT job. Oben ain't nothing special either. IMO, Green is a good player. But Walker is heading for "bust" status. I bet the Bucs wish they'd have stayed put and taken Jeff Backus.

Originally posted by Muck
He's strictly a RT. And Todd Wade is firmly entrenched as the RT. Kenyatta Walker has struggled solidly in Tampa. Roman Oben took his LT job. Now Green is taking his RT job. Oben ain't nothing special either. IMO, Green is a good player. But Walker is heading for "bust" status. I bet the Bucs wish they'd have stayed put and taken Jeff Backus.

i imagine they liked what they saw from this German kid. so far i think the kid can play. so why not let cornell green go? its not like he was getting a lot of reps or anything.

Well, I think it's to get Kenyatta going again. Cornell is a solid player, but wasn't really doing much to make this team so why not get something for him?

Some players do better in different systems and apparently he does well in theirs.

Also, when we traded Green.....we still had Wade, Searcy, Smith, Spriggs, Jerman, and a few others who could play RT. Injuries didn't hit us until a week ago.

true - Green was a steal from TBs perspective...

Just like T-Buck will be a steal from ours. :)

I wouldn't label Cornell Green a steal from their perspective. He's starting but it doesn't mean he deserves to. They wanted to make sure he won't fall flat on his @ss against starters so we threw him up against our starters for him and he didn't, so my guess is that Gruden is naming Green the starter strictly temporarily...because he won't lose a game for you, and he wants to light a fire under the complacent Kenyatta Walker's lazy @ss.

Back
Top Bottom