Corners | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Corners

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
:cooldude: I think that either Poole or Daniels will be the starting CornerBack

i agree with Poole but i don't think Daniels will be more then a Dime CB this year if that. Edwards and Howard are both better then he is right now, but that could change as the year goes on.

As I see it Howard is going to be starting ahead of Poole simply because of his experience. Poole moves to nickel and its rounded out by Edwards and Daniels. Of course Sam is starting on the other side. In terms of depth I think we are good and hopefully after Daniels and Poole get more experience they can form a tandem like Sam and Pat did.

DonShula84 said:
Edwards and Howard will be ahead of Daniels on the depth chart imo

Wouldnt be so sure about Edwards...

Dont forget, Daniels is a "Saban Guy"- hand picked. He could have the upper hand on Edwards and I could see it as:

Starting:
Sam Madison
Reggie Howard

Nickel:
Will Poole

Dime:
Travis Daniels

Other:
Mario Edwards

According to the post-draft PC, no we wont. But as I was watching the draft and got the info on Daniels, that was immediately my thought as well.

Dolfan1000 said:
Wouldnt be so sure about Edwards...

Dont forget, Daniels is a "Saban Guy"- hand picked. He could have the upper hand on Edwards and I could see it as:

Starting:
Sam Madison
Reggie Howard

Nickel:
Will Poole

Dime:
Travis Daniels

Other:
Mario Edwards
I agree, but I don't think Travis Daniels will get much playing time his first year. I think he'll be used mainly for special teams purposes for the most part his rookie season, and until than I see Mario Edwards ahead of him. And also for Reggie Howard and Will Poole... the jury is still out on that one as for who's going to start. I agree with you though that it will probably be Howard simply due to experience and the fact he was playing out of position last year and we want to see how he will fare as the starter. But may the best man in training camp win the job. :up:

i don't think he is big enough to play S right now

Howard was a terrible nickel back- his skills dont suit the position. As a starter in Carolina he was far better.

Competition for the right to start can only be a good thing for us. Howard needs to step it up big time after last year.

Back
Top Bottom