CORRECTED LINK: OC info some will like....some won't. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CORRECTED LINK: OC info some will like....some won't.

OrangeBowl

Street Survivor
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Pretty good info on the current oc names floating around. Here is the CORRECT LINK:

I have also said i think Studsville is the hire. I don't care for lazy quick in house handouts at all but, if you read this snipit from the article below, you can see why i think studzboy is in the bag.........

Running backs coach Eric Studesville: One of the rare assistants that Flores retained when he took over as head coach, Studesville does not have coordinator experience, but he did serve as interim head coach for the Denver Broncos for the final four games of the 2010 season after Josh McDaniels had been fired. Flores spoke highly of Studesville during a conference call with Denver media prior to the Dolphins game at Empower Field at Mile High in November. “, Eric’s phenomenal," Flores said. "I think he’s a phenomenal coach. He’s a phenomenal teacher, communicator. He’s someone I’ve leaned on in different situations over the last 18 months since I’ve been here. Obviously he was here before I was here and we kept him on the staff. Just as far as the lay of the land here in Miami, he’s been someone that I’ve been able to lean on. I think he’s a great coach. I think he’s got a coordinator and head-coaching future. I think the players gravitate to him. They listen. He’s a very, very good coach.”

Sure looks like the hire from this view.

Last edited:
I couldn’t find that breakdown of Studesville from the linked article. Can you provide a link to other breakdowns of potential candidates?

I couldn’t find that breakdown of Studesville from the linked article. Can you provide a link to other breakdowns of potential candidates?
In my original post at the top, just click on that box that says: Miami OC Search and read that article. I CORRECTED THE LINK!!

Last edited:
I would think he would have been promoted already if he was the hire. Can only assume Flores is waiting for a team to finish the playoffs.

I would think he would have been promoted already if he was the hire. Can only assume Flores is waiting for a team to finish the playoffs.
Not sure I agree with that logic.

If he's the hire, there is no rush to announce from a team standpoint. Flo couldn't give two $hits about the media. He probably is amused at the circle jerk.

The intelligent thing to do is to explore all possibilities, and yes that incudes ppl from playoff teams. Even if he's "leaning" a certain way, there is really no advantage in rushing to announce.

I know we fans want closure, but I doubt that plays any part in the thought process.

Dan Henning and David Lee. Yall cant complain about Henning being in his 60s. Henning brought us to the playoffs with Penningtons arm and accuracy along with Lees wildcat.... Boo ya!
The wildcat was the catalyst for that season, not henning/pennington. It wasnt real great until that wildcat gimmick came in. We won enough games with it but later in the season when gregg williams figured out how to defend the mildcat, the vaunted hennings offense was eeeh.... . Then the ravens made us fools in the playoffs trying to use it against them and we folded like a wet napkin, one and all done!! Hennings is Chan part 2. Out of date with the bombs away, touch football nfl. I couldn't chug enough pepto bismal seeing the mildcat back in miami. Talk about 2 steps back, more like 52 steps back.

I just don't want any retreads. Young, hungry candidates like pep hamilton who is a student of todays game and ready for a coordinator gig excite me more than retreads. Fresh faces, fresh ideas is what we need, even if we have to comb the college ranks. Hennings had his day but that day is gone and shiuld stay gone.

andidates like pep hamilton who is a student of todays game and ready for a coordinator gig excite me more than retreads. Fresh faces, fresh ideas is what w

I was being facetious, Henning is 78, hence why i said no one can complain he is in his 60's. And the wildcat was the catalyst of that season, but Penny had a pretty nice season passing. Not great, but for a noodle arm, run first team, pretty good. Where we were exposed is was when we tried to pass the ball more than 10 yards down field against the Ravens in the playoffs.

Hopefully Tua will be back at 100% arm strength for next season. I would almost compare him to RT17 when he came back and didnt really trust his arm.

Honestly i want an air raid type offense, screw it, bring in Mike Leach. Mike Leach has a great collegiate coaching tree. Most college HCs arent going to jump at a coordinator job in the pros, but never know. Granted Im sure Flo dont want an offense that is going to have Tua throw 600-700 times a year, but some of hte posters here would love that

I was being facetious, Henning is 78, hence why i said no one can complain he is in his 60's. And the wildcat was the catalyst of that season, but Penny had a pretty nice season passing. Not great, but for a noodle arm, run first team, pretty good. Where we were exposed is was when we tried to pass the ball more than 10 yards down field against the Ravens in the playoffs.

Hopefully Tua will be back at 100% arm strength for next season. I would almost compare him to RT17 when he came back and didnt really trust his arm.

Honestly i want an air raid type offense, screw it, bring in Mike Leach. Mike Leach has a great collegiate coaching tree. Most college HCs arent going to jump at a coordinator job in the pros, but never know. Granted Im sure Flo dont want an offense that is going to have Tua throw 600-700 times a year, but some of hte posters here would love that
Trouble is his arm is not a 600 passes per year type arm. No where near strong enough. By seasons end he’ll look like Chad Pennington year 2 w us.

Trouble is his arm is not a 600 passes per year type arm. No where near strong enough. By seasons end he’ll look like Chad Pennington year 2 w us.
I guess he must be good for 599 passes and then his arm will collapse into a wet noodle as soon as he throws that 600th pass. Hopefully the Dolphin coaches are smart enough to limit him so he doesn’t reach that 600th pass. I wonder if they were aware of the fact his arm will be worthless once he reaches that mark when they decided to draft him with the 5th pick in the draft.

I guess he must be good for 599 passes and then his arm will collapse into a wet noodle as soon as he throws that 600th pass. Hopefully the Dolphin coaches are smart enough to limit him so he doesn’t reach that 600th pass. I wonder if they were aware of the fact his arm will be worthless once he reaches that mark when they decided to draft him with the 5th pick in the draft.
🤭🙄

That would be quite a risk to put a guy into an OC role with a young QB when he's apparently never called plays on any level in his 23 years of coaching.

Part of being a great OC is having that "feel" in game to make quick decisions on the fly and take advantage of matchups. I've watched Sark do it all night in the Bama game. Joe Brady did it last year. Andy Reid and company do it in KC.

Don't rule out an out-of-the-box hire. I get the feeling it will not be one of these guys ... but it's purely speculation. I have no inside info on it ... just a hunch.

Back
Top Bottom