CORRECTED LINK: OC info some will like....some won't. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CORRECTED LINK: OC info some will like....some won't.

Haha O’Brien, wish he woulda made one more trade with us before he was shown the door
Yeah we will need it if we keep wasting the picks we got from Houston when we fleeced them.

last year the 27th pick we got from
Hou we traded down to 30 and reached bigtime for Igby

The wildcat was the catalyst for that season, not henning/pennington. It wasnt real great until that wildcat gimmick came in. We won enough games with it but later in the season when gregg williams figured out how to defend the mildcat, the vaunted hennings offense was eeeh.... . Then the ravens made us fools in the playoffs trying to use it against them and we folded like a wet napkin, one and all done!! Hennings is Chan part 2. Out of date with the bombs away, touch football nfl. I couldn't chug enough pepto bismal seeing the mildcat back in miami. Talk about 2 steps back, more like 52 steps back.

I just don't want any retreads. Young, hungry candidates like pep hamilton who is a student of todays game and ready for a coordinator gig excite me more than retreads. Fresh faces, fresh ideas is what we need, even if we have to comb the college ranks. Hennings had his day but that day is gone and shiuld stay gone.
Yes, a young OC with fresh ideas and up to date thinking will definitely have a higher ceiling than a "retread" like Chan. The young OC will also have a lower floor. Chan competently gave Flores the offense he wanted - one that scored a good amount of points, got good TOP and long drives, and split the prep time between 2 qb's with different styles. He had a 4/5ths completely new line with 3 rookies and, as said hundreds of times, the worst skill positions in the league that got devastated with injuries and opt outs. Pick the right young guy and we'll get modern innovation and better results than an experienced, competent dinosaur like Chan. But 50-60% of the choices will be worse.

I guess I'm in to gamble - who do you like?- Pep, Mike Lafleur? Graham Harrell or Tony Eliot from college? Mcdaniel?

Yeah we will need it if we keep wasting the picks we got from Houston when we fleeced them.

Lol. Far too early to tell on Igster.

Well known as a project when picked, so I'm not sure that means reach.

I believe the 4th rounder (pick 111) we used on Solomon Kindley came from the Tunsil trade.

Not sure what happened to the 4th rounder (pick 136) we got from GB for the Love trade down.

O'Brien is going to Bama I believe,. No link
That would make 100% sense. That's what Saban does, hire sharp offensive minds who are massively undervalued based on most recent failure as head coach.

Basically if the bar stool fan is laughing at you then Nick Saban is smart enough to snap you up. I remember Sarkisian sitting in the booth late in the season in a minor role after being embarrassed at USC a year earlier

Posts like these are beyond annoying. Typical millennial instant gratification “I have conclusive answers despite small sample size” nonsense.

Lol. Far too early to tell on Igster.

Well known as a project when picked, so I'm not sure that means reach.

I believe the 4th rounder (pick 111) we used on Solomon Kindley came from the Tunsil trade.

Not sure what happened to the 4th rounder (pick 136) we got from GB for the Love trade down.

Can usually count on you to bring some common sense to the table.

I guess he must be good for 599 passes and then his arm will collapse into a wet noodle as soon as he throws that 600th pass. Hopefully the Dolphin coaches are smart enough to limit him so he doesn’t reach that 600th pass. I wonder if they were aware of the fact his arm will be worthless once he reaches that mark when they decided to draft him with the 5th pick in the draft.
Hahaha 😝. My point is his arm is closer to Fitz than to Tannehill for example. And as the year goes on the more these guys throw, some velocity comes off. You could see it w Marino, Elway and Favre when they got old for example. Arms looked great for about half the season then the heat came off. Tua doesn’t have a howitzer. Every QB will lose velocity if they throw too much. Like a BB pitcher. That’s all I’m saying - that I don’t think it’s a good idea in general and definitely not when your QB doesn’t have a cannon in the first place.

The wildcat was the catalyst for that season, not henning/pennington. It wasnt real great until that wildcat gimmick came in. We won enough games with it but later in the season when gregg williams figured out how to defend the mildcat, the vaunted hennings offense was eeeh.... . Then the ravens made us fools in the playoffs trying to use it against them and we folded like a wet napkin, one and all done!! Hennings is Chan part 2. Out of date with the bombs away, touch football nfl. I couldn't chug enough pepto bismal seeing the mildcat back in miami. Talk about 2 steps back, more like 52 steps back.

I just don't want any retreads. Young, hungry candidates like pep hamilton who is a student of todays game and ready for a coordinator gig excite me more than retreads. Fresh faces, fresh ideas is what we need, even if we have to comb the college ranks. Hennings had his day but that day is gone and shiuld stay gone.
The Wildcat was really successful for 1 game. The other games it was just an average running attack which was probably not an advantage since we had Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom