CORRECTED LINK: OC info some will like....some won't. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CORRECTED LINK: OC info some will like....some won't.

igster was a known project coming out......

Yep. And you dont use #1 picks on anyone with the PROJECT moniker.

That must have some pipe dream "value" move by grier.

igster was a known project coming out......

Yep. And you dont use #1 picks on anyone with the PROJECT moniker.

That must have some pipe dream "value" move by grier.

Grier didn't decide, in a vacuum, to take Iggy. Flo/scouts were good with it or it wouldn't have happened. And, apparently, does use R1 picks on a project.

And you dont use #1 picks on anyone with the PROJECT moniker.
Any QB, and half the other guys taken are "projects" to a certain extent.

Now, if you said any rd1 should be a day one starter, It makes more sense but typically, very few corners are truly ready to start day one. They may be thrown in there, but that doesn't=ready.

Flores was the one smitten with Iggy, he personally went to Auburn to work him out.
I think that is 99% probably the case. That's one reason I never had a huge issue with the pick. Sure we could have used it differently, but Flo knows secondary talent, and how to use it. He has leeway from me on this one.

Last edited:
Hahaha 😝. My point is his arm is closer to Fitz than to Tannehill for example. And as the year goes on the more these guys throw, some velocity comes off. You could see it w Marino, Elway and Favre when they got old for example. Arms looked great for about half the season then the heat came off. Tua doesn’t have a howitzer. Every QB will lose velocity if they throw too much. Like a BB pitcher. That’s all I’m saying - that I don’t think it’s a good idea in general and definitely not when your QB doesn’t have a cannon in the first place.
Yeah, all that volume sure damaged Drew Brees’ career.

Lol. Far too early to tell on Igster.

Well known as a project when picked, so I'm not sure that means reach.

I believe the 4th rounder (pick 111) we used on Solomon Kindley came from the Tunsil trade.

Not sure what happened to the 4th rounder (pick 136) we got from GB for the Love trade down.
I hope Igby works out as well, but right now he's a serious project. I think we fell in love with the 40 speed again. He's a first round pick, I'd prefer first rounders to not be long term projects, especially on a team (Fins after 2019 season) that is basically bereft of talent.

Posts like these are beyond annoying. Typical millennial instant gratification “I have conclusive answers despite small sample size” nonsense.
Sorry to annoy you. A first round, top 30 pick, should be a player that can contribute pretty dang quickly, especially on a team as barren as the Dolphins coming off a complete tear down in 2019. Igby is a project, and we reached for him and did not get value at 30.

I hope Igby works out as well, but right now he's a serious project. I think we fell in love with the 40 speed again. He's a first round pick, I'd prefer first rounders to not be long term projects, especially on a team (Fins after 2019 season) that is basically bereft of talent.
You think Flo based his opinion of a corner based solely on 40 time?

I doubt that. It may have been part of it, but Im sure he also saw hip fluidity, mirror quickness, intelligence, and instincts.

Do to inexperience, he needed work on technique and leverage concepts.

I'll take my chances with Flo's evals on DBs.

Last edited:
Idk - he hasn’t looked great at the end of seasons in recent years. He’s old. Brady has lost velocity too.
First off all both Brees and Brady are over 40 years old and anyone that old would show signs of aging it's only natural. The same goes for Roethlisberger. (By the way, I don't feel Brady has lost much velocity). Second of all, all this talk about how weak Tua's arm is is WAY overblown.

You think Flo based his opinion of a corner based solely on 40 time?

I doubt that. It may have been part of it, but Im sure hr also saw hip fluidity, mirror quickness, intelligence, and instincts.

Do to inexperience, he needed work on technique and leverage concepts.

I'll take my chances with Flo's evals on DBs.
Of course it’s more than 40 time. Their eval resulted in a reach and a poor value at 30th overall.

The Igby pick, like all picks, are on Grier. You can give all the benefit of the doubt you want, and we will never know the impact of Flo hard driving the Igby pick or vice versa, but the fact remains Grier is the only link in the organization to years of terrible drafts. My confidence in Grier is not nearly as high as possibly yours, or Ross’s for that matter.

Of course it’s more than 40 time. Their eval resulted in a reach and a poor value at 30th overall.

The Igby pick, like all picks, are on Grier. You can give all the benefit of the doubt you want, and we will never know the impact of Flo hard driving the Igby pick or vice versa, but the fact remains Grier is the only link in the organization to years of terrible drafts. My confidence in Grier is not nearly as high as possibly yours, or Ross’s for that matter.
We shall see if it was a poor pick.

You can't fairly evalaluate a drafted player until, at least, the end of year 2.

No, we will never know who had how much to do with individual player selection, but I would propose that it really doesn't matter at this point.

Grier and Flo are now tied to each other. If one or the other fails, it likely means the end of both with the Dolphin org.

Back
Top Bottom