Couch Possibility | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Couch Possibility

Rufio

Starter
Reaction score
I've read a lot of people's posts that have had to do with Tim Couch as of late and many of the posters that dislike him are using the fact that he got cut by Green Bay and he wasn't even suited to be a back up for Brett Favre. But ... has anyone taken into perspective that there is a strong possibility that he got cut due to injuries rather than skill? Of course, he never did live up to expectations of a #1 draft pick but how are you supposed to do so when you get drafted by a franchise such as the Cleveland Browns. Since coming back to the NFL the Browns have basically been a joke whether you're talking about their coaching staff or their players. Can you name any "star" players that Couch could use as weapons on the Browns off of the top of your head that was playing there when Couch was the QB? Can you name any spectacular O'lineman that helped protect the pocket? I have a gut feeling that he got cut from Green Bay last season because of a nagging injury (hence why he had surgery while he took a full year off). With our QB situation how it is right now, why not take a chance on a former #1 pick that hasn't been behind a decent team during the regular season as of yet? We are "rebuilding" so why not take a chance with a new piece that could possibly fit into the puzzle?

I agree. i think he could be good, he was put in a situation where he really didnt have a chance to succeed. i think if put in the right situation he could be a very productive quaterback. I mean look at Drew Brees for example, i remember at the very begining of last season when they drafted Philip Rivers and there were talks of him being traded and his name was brought up here, a lot of people bashed him, saying she s*cks and will never be a good quarterback and look what happen last year when he finally got people around him. the chargers were a complete joke much like the browns, and then with Tomilson, they go Gates, and Kennen Mcardell, and Houck turned around their O-Line Brees had a great year. Now im not comparing Couch to Brees or saying he is gonna be the next Peyton Manning but i mean give the guy a chance with some talent around him. He wasent the number 1 pick for being terrible, and he definitly isnt a Ryan Leaf. so i say if we can get him at the right price why the heck not. He may be able to turn it around with 3 solid recivers, a great tight end, a running game, and and improved O-Line like we have

Back
Top Bottom