Couch's Trade Value | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Couch's Trade Value

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
It has been assumed the Packers and Browns already had reached a trade agreement. The Packers would give up a 2005 conditional draft choice that would start in the fifth round and increase to the third round depending on playing time.

Again after the season we will have our answer on the value of the Feeley trade, but I still have to believe Couch for a 3rd - 5th is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If so many of you don't like what Fiedler has done, I can only imagine how you would feel about Couch behind center. :rolleyes:

I feel comfortable about AJ for a 2nd no matter how the veteran market works itself out. We didn't know for sure who would be available now or after 6/1, and we did what we needed to do to get a promising guy who Ron Wolf endorsed in plenty of time to allow him to learn our offense. How can you argue with that?

I don,t agree with much of what Jimmy James posts, but this time he is right on. RS has made the call so lets stick to the plan and see what happens. We can,t chase after every "pie in the sky"QB who come along.

I have said before that there is no point slamming Feeley yet, nobody knows what he can do. It just seems that 2nd rounder is a little high. Hopefully I am wrong and it turns out to be a steal. We will find out in a lttle more than 4 months

REAL DEAL said:
I don,t agree with much of what Jimmy James posts, but this time he is right on. RS has made the call so lets stick to the plan and see what happens. We can,t chase after every "pie in the sky"QB who come along.

Somehow, I am reminded of the phrase, "the sun even shines on a dog's *** some days." The funny thing is that if you asked four people who the dog in question is, I bet we'd get four different answers. :)

eh, personally, im optismistic about feeley and i hope he is very succesful with us, i just see him as the type of game whos gonna throw it 30x a game, or average more than 170-180yds throwing a game. i donno, he reminds me of fielder in his playstyle. the type of guy that wont win you the game but wont neccarly lose it for you either...

Oh good God no!!!!!! Are you saying you think we have TWO Fiedlers on our team now. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd do a fourth or fifth next year for Couch. I wouldn't do a third. Of course you could always go after Collins and that wouldn't cost a thing (other than the salary). From Collins' perspective, Miami should be appealing. We, unlike most other teams, do not have our QB position set. I would liek to see us sign Collins to a one year deal and let him come to camp and compete with Feely and Fiedler. If Collins can beat Fiedler for the number 2 spot, I'd feel very good about that position. If it's true he was hampered by an awful Oline, then Collins could prove it in TC. Couch would definitely be worth a fourth or fifth round pick.

Myt two cents anyway.

Considering we gave up a second rounder for Feeley, I'd be shocked if we went after Collins or any other QB for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom