Could Allen Robinson land with the Dolphins in free agency? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Allen Robinson land with the Dolphins in free agency?

Allen Robinson is an elite WR. Whether you think 10 mil, 15 mil, 20 mil etc is too much which you could make that argument for nearly any position outside of QB.

We have been building the foundation of our team at non skill positions and we are poised to make a splash in draft and free agency. If the financials work out we'd be a better team with Robinson, Parker, Williams, and potentially someone in the draft.

Allen Robinson is an elite WR. Whether you think 10 mil, 15 mil, 20 mil etc is too much which you could make that argument for nearly any position outside of QB.

We have been building the foundation of our team at non skill positions and we are poised to make a splash in draft and free agency. If the financials work out we'd be a better team with Robinson, Parker, Williams, and potentially someone in the draft.
If we sign Robinson he immediately becomes your # 1 WR at the peak of his career @ 27 yrs old. Would be an excellent free agent pickup but I’ll be extremely surprise if he signs here. Imagine if Miami signs Robinson and Leonard Williams.

Miami should have learned from wallace/Suh. Those are the types of players best suited for teams 'one piece away.' I pass
The salary cap means this is a zero sum game. 18 million for a WR who is pretty good, but maybe not elite is an overpay, and one that saps your team's ability to improve and pay in other areas...

Corey Linsley is projected to cost 11M/year... Linsley and 2-3 rookie WRs would cost the same amount as Allen Robinson would all by himself. Do that.

The salary cap means this is a zero sum game. 18 million for a WR who is pretty good, but maybe not elite is an overpay, and one that saps your team's ability to improve and pay in other areas...

Corey Linsley is projected to cost 11M/year... Linsley and 2-3 rookie WRs would cost the same amount as Allen Robinson would all by himself. Do that.
Corey Linsley needs to be the #1 target

If we sign Robinson he immediately becomes your # 1 WR at the peak of his career @ 27 yrs old. Would be an excellent free agent pickup but I’ll be extremely surprise if he signs here. Imagine if Miami signs Robinson and Leonard Williams.
we don't have the money for one of those, let alone for both of them.

we don't have the money for one of those, let alone for both of them.
We absolutely have. Robinson price will come down. This year is a buyers market. No team has big money, and cap has not increased.

So don't use his initial asking price as your reasoning.

We absolutely have. Robinson price will come down. This year is a buyers market. No team has big money, and cap has not increased.

So don't use his initial asking price as your reasoning.
I don't need to use anything. I'll say it again, at this time we don't have the money for Robinson. Furthermore, you don't know that his price will "come down". And yes, there are teams that have a lot of cap space so don't say that "no team has big money" because that's not true.

I don't need to use anything. I'll say it again, at this time we don't have the money for Robinson. Furthermore, you don't know that his price will "come down". And yes, there are teams that have a lot of cap space so don't say that "no team has big money" because that's not true.
Whether we have or not have the money is not the point. The point is to look at our bidding competitiveness in relation with other teams.

Robinson can ask for the moon, but if no wr needing teams have cap room, then we are is as competitive as others.

So we don't have cap room for Robison is only skin deep.

Last edited:
I really wish Chris Godwin would shake free from TB.

Back
Top Bottom