Could Allen Robinson land with the Dolphins in free agency? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Allen Robinson land with the Dolphins in free agency?

Every WR-needing team in the league thinks they can sign him. Trust me, Skins fans around here absolutely think that.

Seriously, you want to give Tua 3 receivers that can't stay healthy, and uses PEDs. Then you have to rely on a rookie that will be doubled teamed. Looks like a 6-10 record.
I get it...I do. I'd absolutely LOVE ARob, but I just think He'll Command an Armored Truck FULL of $$$. I Hope You're Right, and the 'Fins can Cut, Re-Structure, Play with the Roster enough to Sign a Beast like Him!!! I Don't think that Howard is Playing for Us Anyways. Thats an Ugly Situation with Him, whether it's Legal or Giving Him enough to stay in Aqua.

I think the opposite is true. I think they love taking OL/DL in the first round and will overspend on playmakers in free agency to put them in position to do so. We’ll see if my theory holds up.
Near zero chance, my friend. And I love Robinson. I would consider Godwin at big money but I highly doubt they will. The draft is deep at WR.

Unless we are trading Parker then I can't see how Robinson makes sense as a fit.

Godwin, JuJu, and Samuel are better fits for what we need at WR.

Might be hard to make the $ work, but I'd absolutely be interested. He's a lot more versatile, and a lot better, than DVP.

Fuller at a discount - if he is in fact available at a discount - is still my favorite FA scenario.
Have you looked at Robinson's tape some? I really havent so Im just going off some numbers on him... His average SEP is 2.3 which puts him bottom 10 in the league, his avg cushion is at 5.6 (bottom half) and YAC/R at 3.6(bottom 3rd, below Gesicki for reference sake).

So outside of the top level production, he looks similar to what the Fins have ATM in Parker, and Williams to some extent. I'd like to have your opinion on this as sometimes numbers really dont tell the whole story.

I love him but he may price his way out of what we can afford. If the price is right
I would def sign him

Have you looked at Robinson's tape some? I really havent so Im just going off some numbers on him... His average SEP is 2.3 which puts him bottom 10 in the league, his avg cushion is at 5.6 (bottom half) and YAC/R at 3.6(bottom 3rd, below Gesicki for reference sake).

So outside of the top level production, he looks similar to what the Fins have ATM in Parker, and Williams to some extent. I'd like to have your opinion on this as sometimes numbers really dont tell the whole story.

Yes, and agree with @AL R and Matt Harman. He's not fast, but his burst and agility are elite, and he sets up his routes well and gets off press. Iirc the stats measures separation at the catch point. If so, you can probably attribute some of that lack of separation to Trubisky for throwing late or looking for Robinson to bail him out.

I'm a fan, but in my heart of hearts I always want a speed guy as my #1 WR.

If my #1 isn't a speed guy, I am always looking to replace him.
Yes, #1 wr should command double team and strike fear to secondary. We have none of it currently.

Back
Top Bottom