Could be a very tough start first 4 games | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could be a very tough start first 4 games

My expectations for a playoff-like jump is 2021. I'm going to keep it that way to be fair and trust the process. I expect a better team in 2020, obviously, but not gonna put a win/loss on success/failure.

My point is there is no reason to have anyone act like it's a foregone conclusion that we cant kill it this year and that Tua won't be playing by the end of month one. This let him sit stuff makes me nuts. When he's healthy play him. Flores didn't draft him to ride the pine he drafted him to play WHEN he's healthy.
Because our offense shouldn't rely on a rookie and a rookie alone to get to 10 wins. We just came off the worst rushing attack in the history of the NFL and one of the worst, if not THE worst, offensive line ever.

I love Tua and think he's going to be great, but it's not realistic to assume that he's going to be better than Fitz was last year in his rookie season. Fitz was legit a top 10 QB last year and dragged our asses to 5 wins.

If we have a legit rushing attack and our defense turns out to be a top 10 level defense, then sure. I could see 10 wins with some breaks.

I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm just saying it would require a lot of things to fall into place and that almost is never the case and it's a lot more than just "We won 5 games and added X pieces so that means 5 + Y wins."

Because our offense shouldn't rely on a rookie and a rookie alone to get to 10 wins. We just came off the worst rushing attack in the history of the NFL and one of the worst, if not THE worst, offensive line ever.

I love Tua and think he's going to be great, but it's not realistic to assume that he's going to be better than Fitz was last year in his rookie season. Fitz was legit a top 10 QB last year and dragged our asses to 5 wins.

If we have a legit rushing attack and our defense turns out to be a top 10 level defense, then sure. I could see 10 wins with some breaks.

I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm just saying it would require a lot of things to fall into place and that almost is never the case and it's a lot more than just "We won 5 games and added X pieces so that means 5 + Y wins."
Sure. However Fitz is either the best or the worst QB in the league at times so thinking Tua can't out play him in practice is and isn't simultaneously believable. I really like Fitz. I think he's one of the NFL's badasses in terms of when he's on man he's really on. I just think Tua is in a class of his own regarding throwing the football and he did it in a pro offense for a former pro coach. At the end, I just want to see my team win and see awesome QB play which we've been missing FOREVER..

Yes, to assume or expect Tua to beat out Fitz is unrealistic.

Fitz has close to two decades of experience making reads, and dissecting NFL defenses, and Tua will have a truncated preseason.

Sure. However Fitz is either the best or the worst QB in the league at times so thinking Tua can't out play him in practice is and isn't simultaneously believable. I really like Fitz. I think he's one of the NFL's badasses in terms of when he's on man he's really on. I just think Tua is in a class of his own regarding throwing the football and he did it in a pro offense for a former pro coach. At the end, I just want to see my team win and see awesome QB play which we've been missing FOREVER..
Me too, I'm just saying... calm down lol.

Tua will still be a rookie. Rookies generally aren't great.

There is talk the first 4 games for all teams will be AFC vs NFC because of virus and the possibility of cancelling some games.

We we play the NFC West .
At San Fran and Arizona
Home for Seattle and The LA Rams.

My thoughts are we may be 2-2 after that with wins against Rams and maybe Arizona
But the Super Bowl San Fran and playoff Seahawks. That will be a big challenge .

I feel Buffalo May come out 3-1. And Jets 2-2 and Pats 1-3
I am waiting for the schedule release tonight like we all our
I hope Houston loses ever game this year then that number 1 pick of there’s we have for the Tunsil trade
Could give us tremendous draft capitol next year .

Assuming a 16 game schedule, I'll judge the team by the last 10 games. I'd like the 1st 6 to be at least 3-3, but what matters is player progress and seeing the inevitable player shuffling of a team full of new faces

I'm not expecting the team to suddenly start beating playoff teams. Would be a suprise if they did. Team has to bed the new players in.

I don’t expect a playoff team this year...on the other hand .....I watched this team last year....with much less talent...win 5 out of its last 9 games.

ZACTLY. It took 5-6 games for the team to start to gel and show talent. Given the projected summer training schedule, it won't surprise me if the 1st few games for many teams aren't filled with surprise wins/losses and slow player development. Excluding the established top tier teams, I think predictions will vary wildly.

I can realistically see us going 2 & 2 against the NFC west...

My Reasoning is this...

We travel west better than Seattle and LA travel east. We should sneak one of those home games.

Arizona is an improved team just like us but they are as far from being a good/great team as we are too. Its winable on the road.

San Fran should (on paper at least) be a loss.

I trust Flo to have our team as ready as possible considering that all teams should face the same limitations and difficulties.

point taken, but the Colts put Andrew Luck behind a sieve in 2012 and they still won 11 games.

Im not advocating to do that, but if you have a generational talent at QB like most here seem to think we do, the idea that were only gonna win 5 games with him as a starter isnt an imperative conclusion.

great QBs have won and led their teams to the playoffs as rookies before.

point taken, but the Colts put Andrew Luck behind a sieve in 2012 and they still won 11 games.

Im not advocating to do that, but if you have a generational talent at QB like most here seem to think we do, the idea that were only gonna win 5 games with him as a starter isnt an imperative conclusion.

And I 100% guarantee you none of them had a team as young or inexperienced as we have behind the QB.

Greasy with the assist to Loco!

Mando just retweeted a tweet from Brian Costello saying sources confirms that the Jets will open the season at the Bills. So that means the reports of the AFC East playing against the NFC West the first four weeks of the season just went out the window.

Back
Top Bottom