Could be a very tough start first 4 games | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could be a very tough start first 4 games

There is talk the first 4 games for all teams will be AFC vs NFC because of virus and the possibility of cancelling some games.

We we play the NFC West .
At San Fran and Arizona
Home for Seattle and The LA Rams.y

My thoughts are we may be 2-2 after that with wins against Rams and maybe Arizona
But the Super Bowl San Fran and playoff Seahawks. That will be a big challenge .

I feel Buffalo May come out 3-1. And Jets 2-2 and Pats 1-3
I am waiting for the schedule release tonight like we all our
I hope Houston loses ever game this year then that number 1 pick of there’s we have for the Tunsil trade
Could give us tremendous draft capitol next year .

Vegas insider has Miami at 6 wins , I think. We are more closer to ..500 team.
waiting for the schedule tonight, wow what a heap of wisdom chimed in to some casual thoughts.

Winning 5 of the last 9 is reason for optimism I get it, but Miami still played like **** against bad teams all year. Like getting demolished by the Giants and Browns.

I have hope with this FO and coach, but they still need another year to get everything running right before I start screaming playoffs, especially with Fitzpatrick lol

the 2012 Colts were 25.17 years on average. our 2019 roster was at 25.2 years. this year's team should be around the same, but i didnt do the math.
I love it......

Why did that Styx song, "Too Much Time on My Hands" pop into my head.

Seriously, nice dive into the numbers......

The travel this year .... 4x trips-to the left coast isn’t fun .... albeit, we have a decent track record out west ... hope fully they schedule them 2x back to back and just stay out there for the 10 days ...

The travel this year .... 4x trips-to the left coast isn’t fun .... albeit, we have a decent track record out west ... hope fully they schedule them 2x back to back and just stay out there for the 10 days ...
It's asinine. We need to play the entire division on the road? Who comes up with this nonsense?

It's asinine. We need to play the entire division on the road? Who comes up with this nonsense?
No, we play 2 of 4 against the AFC West on the road (LV and Den) and 2 of 4 against the NFC West (SF and Ari) on the road.

No, we play 2 of 4 against the AFC West on the road (LV and Den) and 2 of 4 against the NFC West (SF and Ari) on the road.
Ah. Ok. Thanks. Still, shouldn't there be a limit to the number of times one team should have to cross the country? I mean honestly... I love that we're in the AFC East and the storied rivalries but we are at a huge geographic disadvantage compared to most other teams with Dallas being the exception in their division. Now add in us having to go out west 4 times is lunacy. Besides one game at Jax, our second closest game is in NE. Nuts.

Ah. Ok. Thanks. Still, shouldn't there be a limit to the number of times one team should have to cross the country? I mean honestly... I love that we're in the AFC East and the storied rivalries but we are at a huge geographic disadvantage compared to most other teams with Dallas being the exception in their division. Now add in us having to go out west 4 times is lunacy. Besides one game at Jax, our second closest game is in NE. Nuts.
Schedules are balanced now, you can look at Miami's schedule for next endless years, it will rotate every 8 years, site are determined but when as you know is not. There are two games a year that can change but it too is predetermined based on how you finish in your division. Miami as a east coast team just gets the bad end of the stick being how many miles it is to the West coast. Travel can be rough but we only play two NFC West teams in there park every 4 years, the other two 4 years later.

all 32 teams are in the same boat ... IMO the only teams set up for success right now are teams that are well established ... Chiefs 49ers etc. ... so those teams (only a handful) are ready to play everyone else it's a crap shoot without camp and evals ....

Could also reduce other teams chances ... all speculation is pretty much the same foe all teams ... The Dolphins have as good a chance to win as most teams ... and with the new playoff format ... we will see
Obviously the Dolphins have a chance but I am just trying to be realistic. I always saw this as a 2 or 3 year rebuild and nothing has changed my opinion. I don’t see Tua playing this season and I don’t think Fitzpatrick is good enough to lead this team to more than 5-6 wins at the most.
I think it is going to take most of the season for the young offensive line to feel comfortable playing with one another and that is assuming they don’t have a lot of injuries on that unit.

I would love to see the Dolphins have a winning season but I just think they are one more draft and a fully heathy Tua away from that possibly happening.

I mailed in 2019 cause we didn’t have a qb. Now that we do I’m not mailing in ****

For those hoping we play out west in back to back weeks so that the team can just stay there for two weeks.........don't count on that. I'm hoping things get better soon but I doubt ANY team will be allowed to stay at a hotel for two weeks. Even the players are going to want to be home as soon as possible from every trip.

Since there will likely be limited to no pre season OTA’s and Fitzpatrick has never led a team to the playoffs and is nothing but a backup caliber QB, I think it is pretty easy to project the Dolphins will only win 5-6 games. Of course if they have a lot of injuries, which is impossible to know at this time, I think that could reduce their win total by 1 or 2 games.
Fitz was playing like a competent starter late last year. Just because he has never made the playoffs with another team does not mean it couldn't happen. NE will not be automatically winning the division this year. Jets and Bills are hardly unbeatable. I believe we have added a lot of talent on both sides of the line. I am not saying we WILL win the division, but we might. Assuming good coaching and player development it might happen. I am anxious to see the team in year two of Flores systems.

Back
Top Bottom