Could Brady Miss Dolphins/Bucs Game? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Brady Miss Dolphins/Bucs Game?

Ray rumor has it you operated an mcl blinded by a flare with chop sticks and toothpicks back in nam.

I was a weekend warrior with a 12 month active duty contract with the MC. I actually re-enlisted for an extra 3 months in order to get training on a new radio that had been just brought on line - the AN/TRC-97A. I was actually in the first class taught on that radio.

When I finished and was ready to go home to my reserve unit, I was called in and told I had earned my corporals stripe, but they were going to give it to the guys bound for Nam instead. They asked if I was going to make any trouble. I told them that if I earned the stripe I should get it, but no, I wasn't going to make any trouble since I was going home to a job with IBM while all my classmates were going to Nam (~ November of 1966).

I was contacted by one of the guys I went through ITR with about 25 years ago. He was researching our ITR class and found out that out of 225 guys in my ITR group, around a hundred didn't come back. This kind of information didn't make the "fake" news.

My closest bout with real danger was when a phosphorous grenade landed near me by mistake during ITR. Of course there was the obstacle course where we crawled up to a trench under fire from a pair of .30 Cal. water cooled machine guns, but everybody did that.

I suspect that if I had been in Nam, I would have felt my rifle was like a chop stick and my side arm was a tooth pick, because I believe in using overwhelming force like artillery, tanks and air power, but that's just me being a Weekend Warrior. - LOL

I was a weekend warrior with a 12 month active duty contract with the MC. I actually re-enlisted for an extra 3 months in order to get training on a new radio that had been just brought on line - the AN/TRC-97A. I was actually in the first class taught on that radio.

When I finished and was ready to go home to my reserve unit, I was called in and told I had earned my corporals stripe, but they were going to give it to the guys bound for Nam instead. They asked if I was going to make any trouble. I told them that if I earned the stripe I should get it, but no, I wasn't going to make any trouble since I was going home to a job with IBM while all my classmates were going to Nam (~ November of 1966).

I was contacted by one of the guys I went through ITR with about 25 years ago. He was researching our ITR class and found out that out of 225 guys in my ITR group, around a hundred didn't come back. This kind of information didn't make the "fake" news.

My closest bout with real danger was when a phosphorous grenade landed near me by mistake during ITR. Of course there was the obstacle course where we crawled up to a trench under fire from a pair of .30 Cal. water cooled machine guns, but everybody did that.

I suspect that if I had been in Nam, I would have felt my rifle was like a chop stick and my side arm was a tooth pick, because I believe in using overwhelming force like artillery, tanks and air power, but that's just me being a Weekend Warrior. - LOL

Ray I heard you look like CHarles atlas in the arms forces. Ripped to shreds big 21 inch arms. You even launched missiles out of your shoulders like a robot.

Ray I heard you look like CHarles atlas in the arms forces. Ripped to shreds big 21 inch arms. You even launched missiles out of your shoulders like a robot.

Only in my minds eye - LOL

My thighs were 23" when I joined and then I only weighed 149 pounds. I gained 30 pounds in bootcamp, mostly in my brain - LOL

The league will do anything possible to keep Brady on the field. He would have to shoot someone on the field or have tweeted something mildly race related 15 years ago to get a suspension.
Or at least deflate some footballs eh?

Look I'm as anti-Brady as it gets but damn. If we had a QB who played a season on a partially torn MCL - especially one who made a deep playoff run or....gulp....brought us a super bowl win would we be arguing for his suspension for not disclosing an injury or would we be nominating him for Canton already? Big ol' double standard on this board, guys! Hell, I want him gone as much as anyone and he will be one day......I just know it. But lets not try to get him out this way. As someone said earlier, the league really doesn't care about most of the injuries - I mean, it's the player's body so if you play hurt it's on you but they DO care about anything concussion-related as that's the potentially costly one for them. Partially torn MCL? Adds to the legend, I suppose. Maybe this year he'll play the super bowl with a broken right arm? 🤢

The tear he had was not so severe that he couldn't play on it.....that's obvious. The fact is there was never a doubt at any point in the season that he wasn't going to be playing. The whole *gasp* he played all year with a torn MCL is just hype to pump the legend.

How could so I wonder if Brady never told Tampa about this injury he got with New England? Lol if he does get suspended it’ll probably be 4 games max and of course he’ll come back for his first game vs Miami.
I want to face Brady. I want our Defense to make his life a living hell the entire game. Hopefully he does play and BOTH teams are at full strength. No excuses!

Back
Top Bottom