Could Chris Chambers Become The NFL's Best Wr? Or AFC's Best? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Chris Chambers Become The NFL's Best Wr? Or AFC's Best?

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With WR's like Randy Moss seeming to be on an emotional Roller coaster, and deciding not to be a team player or play 100%.......and other stars like J. Rice, C. Carter, T. Brown, A. Freeman, etc all getting way up in age, I have seriously been thinking that we may have the next "Best guy in the league at WR......in Chris Chambers.

I've watched alot of our past seasons games again recently, and have walked away more impressed with Chambers than ever before. Some teams have players that post a great game or two here or there...like the Bills Eric Moulds, Buc's KJ (Yuck), or the Rams I. Bruce, who can be great one week and totally shut down the next, and really the title of League best WR has been up for grabs since Moss began pouting and not optimizing his skills. I will say here and now that I think I. Bruce (Rams) and Moss (Viks) are the two best right now......but Gosh can Chambers play. I'll also say as good as I. Bruce and Moss are, I wouldn't trade Chambers head up for either of them.

Chambers can make the leaping acrobatic catch like Lynn Swann of old, he is a huge threat underneath on those Deep in routes, and on the out routes......He can outsprint to the deep ball with the best of them and will almost always make the tough catch in traffic. He is flat out Deadly on the Fade and post. He plays with the heart of a champion and has an outstanding team attitude. He is a Player in all aspects.
When I rewatched a bunch of the games, I was simply in AWE of Chambers playmaking. Can anyone guard him alone?
I can honestly say that when I consider all factors, such as overall skill, potential, playmaking abilty, style of play, and AGE......there isn't a single WR in the NFL I'd trade Chris Chambers for. I think we are in for a real show at WR from Chris Chambers, and I'm going to enjoy every play of it!

PS...After we cut Ogden I hope he takes his old #88 back!

Go Fins and War Chris Chambers!

That got me seriously juiced. Knock it off, Mike....it`s bad enough, counting the minutes till the season opener! :D

I'll be pissed if he gets his #88 back. I already have his Authentic jersey with #84 on it. I will be sooooooooo piissssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddd ooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!

I know...I know.....

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
That got me seriously juiced. Knock it off, Mike....it`s bad enough, counting the minutes till the season opener! :D

I can't wait too. If not for it being real busy at Spring Football where I work, I'd be going crazy! At least I'm getting a little Football excitement there (I just took over as Offensive Coordinator).

Ricky Williams - Chris Chambers - Both in Miami!

YUP...........

Originally posted by chambers84
I'll be pissed if he gets his #88 back. I already have his Authentic jersey with #84 on it. I will be sooooooooo piissssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddd ooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!

I've suspected he might do just that when Ogden gets cut. I've held off buying a Chambers jersey for that very reason!

I say he keeps his current #84. It just seems "right" on him, especially since he's the best WR we've had since '84.

Re: I know...I know.....

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I can't wait too. If not for it being real busy at Spring Football where I work, I'd be going crazy! At least I'm getting a little Football excitement there (I just took over as Offensive Coordinator).

Ricky Williams - Chris Chambers - Both in Miami!

Congrats. on the OC promo. You got any Ricky or Chris type players to work with?

LOL......Not exactly

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Congrats. on the OC promo. You got any Ricky or Chris type players to work with?

Right now I'm in my 3rd year at the school I'm teaching/coaching at.....Yucaipa High school in the mountains of So Cal. This team is pretty much your typical HS football team.

I do have some guys you may have heard of playing D-1 right now - Fresno State Starting FS Kendall Edwards (Best Player I've ever coached), Colorado State LB Josh Stewart, BYU OL Brian Sanders (Real Good OL 6'5 330 guy that moves like a 250 pounder), BYU DE Justin Williams (Just finished his Mission and will likely start this season)......these would be guys you might have watched already.

I have a few playing the the NFL right now too...but no Ricky Williams types!
NE Pats Db Hakim Akbar (I was his Head Frosh Coach at Riverside Poly)
Cincy TE Sean Brewer (Riv. Poly)
N.O. OL Kyle Turley (All Star game)
N.O. FS Sammy Knight

It's alot of fun watching guys make it......especially the ones I coached all the way through.

Yep, it`s a rewarding job, for sure. Good luck this coming year. As far as our Phins....great things are gonna happen, if we can squash the injurie bug. We`re due for a little good luck on our side, for a change.

Yup.....Go Fins!

Like I said...I have hoped...wished...and longed for a WR like Chambers and a RB like Williams. To have them both here while young and healthy is fantastic. We should have a great year!

Who is Irvin? Do you mean Holt or Bruce from the Rams? I am just a little confused...but that's normal for me...lol ;)

Originally posted by dolfan87
Who is Irvin? Do you mean Holt or Bruce from the Rams? I am just a little confused...but that's normal for me...lol ;)

I think he meant Isaac Bruce but I'm not too sure.

oooopppsss...

Originally posted by dolfan87

Yes..Sorry about that..I meant I. Bruce....I'll edit the post and fix it to avoid any more confusion.

of the top WRs in the AFC: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=rec&sort=yds&league=afc&season=2&year=2001

I see him as being able to break into the top 5 at best.

When you include the NFC, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=rec&sort=yds&league=nfc&season=2&year=2001, I would also say it w/b tough to get into the top 6 or 7.

I would not see Chambers as being any better than the 10th best WR in the NFL and maybe 4th best in the AFC behind M. Harrison, Jimmy Smith and Rod Smith.

I didn't want to be the first one to be realalistic, so thanks 39. CC had a very good rookie season, and showed a lot of promise. He still has a way to go to be mentioned in the same sentance with guys like Harrison, Smith&Smith, Boston, Bruce, and so on. Do I think by the end of this season he might be there? More than likely, but he has to be more consistent, and prove he can get open more often.

Back
Top Bottom