Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

You might be right. It could be a worse injury. I was more trying to say I've seen a few people in this thread and others use this particular injury to say "see hes not going to hold up in the pros." Anybody could get a hand injury. I don't care how slight or big someone is. It's a hand injury....

Another poster pointed out that he hasn't missed a game due to injury in 4 years. I didnt fact check that but I just think the concern for injury in the pros is being overblown.
Thanks man...most here don't care what Alabama fans have to say..thanks

Thanks man...most here don't care what Alabama fans have to say..thanks
I like smith slot. But I just dont watch college football like I used too so any insight is nice.

I really don't like the idea of grabbing a wr at 3 but given how much praise this kid gets he might not be there later in the draft. If we like him we need to get him where we can.

I like smith slot. But I just dont watch college football like I used too so any insight is nice.

I really don't like the idea of grabbing a wr at 3 but given how much praise this kid gets he might not be there later in the draft. If we like him we need to get him where we can.
Don't worry....the draft order besides the number one pick will change many times before the draft.

You might be right. It could be a worse injury. I was more trying to say I've seen a few people in this thread and others use this particular injury to say "see hes not going to hold up in the pros." Anybody could get a hand injury. I don't care how slight or big someone is. It's a hand injury....

Another poster pointed out that he hasn't missed a game due to injury in 4 years. I didnt fact check that but I just think the concern for injury in the pros is being overblown.

he bobbled the ball which was why his hands were even exposed to take contact like that. It’s a non issue I don’t care if it’s broke even. Barring him coming out with a cheese doodle for a hand which effects his ability to pluck the football out the air I don’t care. Nothing to see here. He’s got plenty of time for it to heal up whatever it is. I just think it’s probably more than a dislocation if he went in the lockerroom and was in the tent that long. Probably a fracture or something

Reactions: Zeb
he bobbled the ball which was why his hands were even exposed to take contact like that. It’s a non issue I don’t care if it’s broke even. Barring him coming out with a cheese doodle for a hand which effects his ability to pluck the football out the air I don’t care. Nothing to see here. He’s got plenty of time for it to heal up whatever it is. I just think it’s probably more than a dislocation if he went in the lockerroom and was in the tent that long. Probably a fracture or something
How do you feel about taking smith at 3 hoops? I know you are very high on Parsons as am I. But I wouldn't be upset if we took Smith at 3.

I honestly don't see us getting Smith... hear me out.

If we stay at #3 Sewell will be the pick because there is such a huge drop off from him to other LT prospects.

If Sewell goes #2 that leaves Wilson and Fields at #3, in this case i see us trading down. So the only way I can see us getting Smith is if we trade down a few spots and he's still on the board when we pick, doubtful.

Also there are a bunch of good wrs in this draft, most likely we use our 1st pick on a position that doesn't have such a deep talent pool.

I would love to get Smith, just don't see it happening.

If we stay at #3 Sewell will be the pick because there is such a huge drop off from him to other LT prospects.

If Sewell goes #2 that leaves Wilson and Fields at #3, in this case i see us trading down. So the only way I can see us getting Smith is if we trade down a few spots and he's still on the board when we pick, doubtful.

Also there are a bunch of good wrs in this draft, most likely we use our 1st pick on a position that doesn't have such a deep talent pool.

We don't need a LT prospect. We'd be spending the #3 pick in the draft on a right tackle which would be an outrageous misuse of draft capital.

We don't need a LT prospect. We'd be spending the #3 pick in the draft on a right tackle which would be an outrageous misuse of draft capital.
I'm not thrilled about getting Sewell at #3 either, I just think this is how it plays out.

Id rather trade down and take him later...but ,..hey..if it's at three..it's at three.

Id rather trade down and take him later...but ,..hey..if it's at three..it's at three.

Honestly, It comes down to how much do you value him? I'm of the belief that Grier and Co. don't value any player so much that they'll turn down addition draft resources.

If a team offers their pick and a future 1st etc for the #3 it's hard to pass that up. Especially if still keeps you in the top 10.

Is D.Smith so good and no one else is close that he's worth turning down a future 1st rounder and possibly 3rd? I doubt it for this FO.

Honestly, It comes down to how much you value him? I'm of the belief that Grier and Co. don't value any player so much that they'll turn down addition draft resources.

If a team offers their pick and a future 1st etc for the #3 it's hard to pass that up. Especially if still keeps you in the top 10.

Is D.Smith so good and no one else is close that he's worth turning down a future 1st rounder and possibly 3rd? I doubt it for this FO.
While i agree with you...sometimes 'value" is thrown around to rationalize a move....more picks are better if you hit on the extra picks...If the extra picks become "meh"...then i think its the wrong move.(hindsight..yes,i know)
Sort of having one vette compared to 3 honda's....
We need to be adding elite talent....
Just my thought.

While i agree with you...sometimes 'value" is thrown around to rationalize a move....more picks are better if you hit on the extra picks...If the extra picks become "meh"...then i think its the wrong move.(hindsight..yes,i know)
Sort of having one vette compared to 3 honda's....
We need to be adding elite talent....
Just my thought.

Oh absolutely agree! But i think most folks including Grier likes the idea of more chances at bat and i do too. Especially when there's no rule that says you can't trade those future resources for even more resources.

Remember what he said previously, Essentially he loves the idea of this team ALWAYS have future 1st rounders or something to that effect.

If there's an opportunity they're trading down!

Oh absolutely agree! But i think most folks including Grier likes the idea of more chances at bat and i do too. Especially when there's no rule that says you can't trade those future resources for even more resources.

Remember what he said previously, Essentially he loves the idea of this team ALWAYS have future 1st rounders or something to that effect.

If there's an opportunity they're trading down!
Having future first rounders is nice to think about, but if you are constantly passing on elite talent just to add more future picks, then we will forever be saying “we missed the playoffs this year, but just think about next year!”

As of today this is exactly how I see it playing out as well. Sewell is apparently too highly regarded to pass up, so if he's available I think Miami takes him. If he gets taken #2, that means the other QB's are available, and I think a trade down is a fair expectation. Like you said, if the trade down is somewhere between 5-10, which seems ideal, Smith may be an option. If not, I think we see another WR, or perhaps Parsons.

Back
Top Bottom