Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

Having future first rounders is nice to think about, but if you are constantly passing on elite talent just to add more future picks, then we will forever be saying “we missed the playoffs this year, but just think about next year!”

In theory! But let's not pretend D.Smith is the only elite talent in the draft.

If Sewell and Smith are generational talents plus the QB’s left we can trade back a few picks and grab an extra 1 or 2 and still get an impact player. WR’s are found in rounds 1-4, and most of the top 5 WR’s have not had good ROI’s. Would you rather have Smith or Waddle and a 1st or Chase and a 1st? Look at Ruggs and John Ross - speed, hands, can’t miss and poof.

If Sewell and Smith are generational talents plus the QB’s left we can trade back a few picks and grab an extra 1 or 2 and still get an impact player. WR’s are found in rounds 1-4, and most of the top 5 WR’s have not had good ROI’s. Would you rather have Smith or Waddle and a 1st or Chase and a 1st? Look at Ruggs and John Ross - speed, hands, can’t miss and poof.
Who in the hell thought Ross was can't miss?

There are going to be some damned nice WRs in the 2nd and third rounds... Guys who would have put up Smith-like numbers if they'd been on that stacked Alabama team.

I don't think our front office will be as hype-oriented as our fanbase.

Shefty is reporting that he's hearing Sam Darnold back as Jets starting QB next season.

They may be looking to trade that spot to a QB hungry team.

If that's true, we best hope there's a huge desire for Fields and Wilson, so we can trade down too.

If I'm the incoming Coach of the Jets I'd make a decision between Fields and Wilson and make my pick. Let the rookie and Darnold battle it out for the starting job. Gase may have permanently ruined Darnold but Tannehill bounced back when he got away from Gase. So, I wouldn't give up on Darnold just yet.

If I'm the incoming Coach of the Jets I'd make a decision between Fields and Wilson and make my pick. Let the rookie and Darnold battle it out for the starting job. Gase may have permanently ruined Darnold but Tannehill bounced back when he got away from Gase. So, I wouldn't give up on Darnold just yet.

Disagree somewhat. I think Tannehill bounced back when he had an excellent offensive line and a top 3 running back. He never had that luxury in Miami. If Miami gets Sewell and kicks Austin to the right side and Hunt in to guard, Mia will have an great offensive line they haven't had since 1972. Plus depth.

No team can win with 1 really good WR, but they can consistently dominate with a great line and a Najee Harris or Jon Washington in the backfield .

Reactions: BSQ
he bobbled the ball which was why his hands were even exposed to take contact like that. It’s a non issue I don’t care if it’s broke even. Barring him coming out with a cheese doodle for a hand which effects his ability to pluck the football out the air I don’t care. Nothing to see here. He’s got plenty of time for it to heal up whatever it is. I just think it’s probably more than a dislocation if he went in the lockerroom and was in the tent that long. Probably a fracture or something
I find it difficult to take some poster's opinion's seriously when they keep talking about Smith as if he's an injury risk.

I honestly don't see us getting Smith... hear me out.

If we stay at #3 Sewell will be the pick because there is such a huge drop off from him to other LT prospects.

If Sewell goes #2 that leaves Wilson and Fields at #3, in this case i see us trading down. So the only way I can see us getting Smith is if we trade down a few spots and he's still on the board when we pick, doubtful.

Also there are a bunch of good wrs in this draft, most likely we use our 1st pick on a position that doesn't have such a deep talent pool.

I would love to get Smith, just don't see it happening.
I'm not sure that come draft time the drop off at T will be seen as so huge. We know at least well known analyst has Slater above Sewell. Who knows what the opinions will be by the time the draft rolls around. And personally, as I rewatched film of Chase, I'm less high on him. I watched some clips of Chase against Surtain and other top CB prospects and he wins at the top of the stem, but on those quick routes he was often neutralized. It was vastly different compared to watching Smith get immediate separation against everybody.

Personally, I have Sewell and Smith as the top non-QB prospects in this draft. IMO WR is a far bigger need, but I wouldn't upset with either guy. And obviously, the best case scenario would be to trade down a couple of spots and still get Smith.

if all he did was dislocate his finger he shouldn’t have come out of the game for good or stayed in that tent that long. They pop them things back in place tape em up if need be and back in you go.

id have to think it was more than that at least
In the postgame or the next day there where reports that he was in the tent that long. Because they where having trouble popping it back in.

In the postgame or the next day there where reports that he was in the tent that long. Because they where having trouble popping it back in.
That's exactly what happened...They were having trouble getting it back in place...they didn't need him,so they waited to let the docs at hospital do it correctly...
If they had needed him,even Smith said,in several interviews said he could have come back in

Any posts that says otherwise,is just someone trying to equate a dislocated finger into being injury prone....

Any posts that says otherwise,is just someone trying to equate a dislocated finger into being injury prone....
I don’t think I’ve watched a game in the NFL that didn’t have someone dislocate a finger.

Back
Top Bottom