Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

Parsons and Sewell both seem like 'Top 5' level talents.
We may not want 'the cornfed', but if it's truly 'BPA' then you do what drastically improves your roster.

Is Sewell way better than an OT available at 18? Probably.
Is D Smith way better than a WR available at 18? Probably not as much.
Is Parsons way better than a LB available at 18? Probably moreso than any WR.
It seems like Parsons or Sewell improves our team more than any WR. Those uber-talented guys are way too costly to acquire any other way.

i tend to agree. Top 5 I’m swinging for fences with premium talents but tbere is risk in banking on parsons inside read and diag development at tbe pro level.

separate from any possible character stuff. But I swear I saw him make strides in that department from tbe Michigan game last year where it was kinda suspect to the bowl game where he just literally wrecked Memphis by himself.

misdirection looks to be the biggest snag. You can’t run yourself out of gaps in this scheme

and could Miami maybe even jave to trade up to get him?

The idea of being able to trade-down to 8 and still get him seems ludicrous now.

After the show he put on last night, he might have even put himself on the Jets radar where Miami might even have to trade up to get him.

Fields played himself down to being a 'project' QB like Hurts now and might even stay in school to improve his draft staus. I would be surprised if the Jets take a QB at #2.
In a word. NO. We will know more after the combine, but IMO the top 3 picks in draft will be QBs or an OT. I don’t see any team giving away the farm to move up for a 170 lb WR. I see Miami dropping a couple spots and still having the choice between Smith or Chase.

Not concerned about thuneys play trending down somewhat this year I take it.

id make that trade too but I don’t know who’s taking on $10 mil for flowers
I don't know if we could trade him, I'd just see that as ideal. It's obviously what Miami wanted to do last year but got stopped when NE franchised Thuney. But regardless, at worst it would be a one year thing as we could cut Flowers pretty easily after next season.

I don't know if we could trade him, I'd just see that as ideal. It's obviously what Miami wanted to do last year but got stopped when NE franchised Thuney. But regardless, at worst it would be a one year thing as we could cut Flowers pretty easily after next season.

thats probably the route it will go. Gone after 2021 season

Parsons and Sewell both seem like 'Top 5' level talents.
We may not want 'the cornfed', but if it's truly 'BPA' then you do what drastically improves your roster.

Is Sewell way better than an OT available at 18? Probably.
Is D Smith way better than a WR available at 18? Probably not as much.
Is Parsons way better than a LB available at 18? Probably moreso than any WR.
It seems like Parsons or Sewell improves our team more than any WR. Those uber-talented guys are way too costly to acquire any other way.
I disagree on several of those.

Is Sewell way better than an OT available at 18? Probably, but not as much as WR. (I don't have T as nearly as big of a need as IOL, but at T guys like Cosmi and Leatherwood are still starters).
Is D Smith way better than a WR available at 18? Probably. (Most of the WR prospects at 18 will be slot types rather than potential #1s).
Is Parsons way better than a LB available at 18? Probably not as much as WR. (I think Collins may end up being better in Miami)
It doesn't seems like Parsons or Sewell improves our team more than Smith. (OLs are about a unit, not one guy. A WR on his own can have a huge impact. And our defense is based on scheme and each guy doing his job, not on great individual plays).

Collins might be a close one there isn’t anything else and I’m not sure he even is a full time off ball lb. that frame might ask him to play some anthony Barr ask if he can rush the passer. I haven’t got that far into him

he’s damn fluid for his size and he can run but is he strong at the poa with the fill and does he have true off ball lb feel for the game.

that’s work I got to do. The frame the fluidity and the speed are box checks

Jets should draft Sewell. With Sewell and Becton some QB will be eating sandwiches while surveying the defense looking for an open WR. Who knows this could even make Darnold look good.
For example if you took dk metcalf top 5 and he’s played like he’s played to date Id say yes you validated that pick investment

Knowing that the arrow is pointing straight up and outside of the best corner in football Ramsey no one can do anything with him
Metcalf has too many key drops, IMO.

I disagree on several of those.

Is Sewell way better than an OT available at 18? Probably, but not as much as WR. (I don't have T as nearly as big of a need as IOL, but at T guys like Cosmi and Leatherwood are still starters).
Is D Smith way better than a WR available at 18? Probably. (Most of the WR prospects at 18 will be slot types rather than potential #1s).
Is Parsons way better than a LB available at 18? Probably not as much as WR. (I think Collins may end up being better in Miami)
It doesn't seems like Parsons or Sewell improves our team more than Smith. (OLs are about a unit, not one guy. A WR on his own can have a huge impact. And our defense is based on scheme and each guy doing his job, not on great individual plays).
That's a Bingo!!!......one of the best post ive read in a long while....Thanks brother..

A true difference maker in the front 7 of that d would be a massive add

the only reason folks say that is cause they don’t have em.

I guarantee ya colts fans realize how valuable Darius Leonard is

your scheme is good your talent level isn’t. You still need a piece and my goodness would it be great to get it right smack dab in the middle of your d

What Ive gathered in this thread is that Smith and Chase are both full route-tree #1 WRs and a safer bet to truly improve Miami's roster the most of any other choice.

We wont need to trade up and we need to pull the trigger for one of these guys at #3 and not 'get cute'. Miami is now in a place where 'Quality>Quantity'.

And I don’t think they are moving jackson to the right side

like I don’t buy that at all so imo that would come down to do they kick Hunt inside and take a Sewell to play right and be first man up depth at left

they should play guys where their best fits are I’m still not sure Hunt isn’t a guard long term I’m sure Jackson is a left tackle ideal.

And I don’t think they are moving jackson to the right side

like I don’t buy that at all so imo that would come down to do they kick Hunt inside and take a Sewell to play right and be first man up depth at left

they should play guys where their best fits are I’m still not sure Hunt isn’t a guard long term I’m sure Jackson is a left tackle ideal.
Sewell would be your right tackle. Hunt moves to right guard. No brainer

Back
Top Bottom