Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
You are correct, the next question is have people seen Jamar Chase play. I know he sat out this year but with two guys that are as polished as both of these young men, I don't see how we lose taking either one. I think we're in perfect position to trade down and get an elite offensive weapon.
I think both end up top 10...maybe top 8. Very possible the Eagles take the first WR off the board. They got burned last year taking Reagor over Jefferson, that was their own mistake, but the Eagles WRs are every bit as injured and as bad as the Dolphins.

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
3 QBs
Sewell
Parsons
Surtain
Chase
Smith

That is the top 8 imo unless 2 teams go offensive line. There aren’t any edge guys, so somebody may reach there as well.

danstilldaman

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I think both end up top 10...maybe top 8. Very possible the Eagles take the first WR off the board. They got burned last year taking Reagor over Jefferson, that was their own mistake, but the Eagles WRs are every bit as injured and as bad as the Dolphins.
I agree with that, the thread started was about Smith going number 2 to the Jets, which I think is crazy. I'm all for taking offensive weapons actually I want three out of our first four pics to be skill players, but I'm definitely against taking receiver at 3 if we can get a good value in trading back. Unless we could somehow pull off a trade for Watson, that wouldn't require Miami's *** be lubricated first. Imo for what it's worth.

hoops

Tua time!
Club Member
Reaction score

jefferson went after reagor? I though one was in the 20s and the other was like pick 18 to Minnesota

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up with Fire!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon family. Please debate the post and do not make it personal. Thanks and have a great day. :ffic:

juniorseau55

rookie
Reaction score
I learned absolutely nothing from this post...but thanks for playing.
I gave you facts and you totally ignored them so it is not my problem if you didn't learn anything. I basically told you that since 2000 only 8 receivers taken in the first round that actually turned all-pro in the nfl, and 2 of them were punt returners as all-pro. To simplify things so you can understand them better is that only a small percentage of wide receivers picked in the first round actually end up having good careers.

Kamelion4291

Starter
Reaction score
I gave you facts and you totally ignored them so it is not my problem if you didn't learn anything. I basically told you that since 2000 only 8 receivers taken in the first round that actually turned all-pro in the nfl, and 2 of them were punt returners as all-pro. To simplify things so you can understand them better is that only a small percentage of wide receivers picked in the first round actually end up having good careers.
Trevor Lawrence will go top 5... same as Sam Darnold.

THeY bOtH hAvE tHe SaMe ChAnCe To SuCcEeD!

Dthrill_08

Second String
Reaction score
Is Smith a better wr that the ones drafted last season? Those went late.

danstilldaman

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Is Smith a better wr that the ones drafted last season? Those went late.
I think Smith and Chase are both better than anybody in last year's draft, with exception to Justin Jefferson but his sustainable production is still to be seen.

AMakados10

Scout Team
Reaction score
Fields looked blah and Smith looked awesome but got hurt (the concern with him in pros).

Going to be an interesting few weeks until the draft.

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Reaction score
I want Chase. He is as good as Smith and potentially alot better.

Top Bottom