Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

Jags are taking Lawrence.
Jets are taking Fields or Wilson.

The only way we can trade down is if someone falls in love with Wilson/Fields. Even better is 2 teams like the Falcons and Panthers both want a QB. They are in the same division and don’t want to face that QB twice a year.

If the Jets take Wilson I could see a bidding war for Fields between Atl and Car.
Not the way he looked the other night.... I think his draft stock fell considerably. Of course....That’s just my opinion. Scouts might ignore the one bad game.

What you are not understanding is the NFL will see the talent and think they can coach him up. They will say he is not a finished product. When he reaches full development he can be great. He has flaws in the mental part of his game but that is correctable. on and on

i tend to agree. Top 5 I’m swinging for fences with premium talents but tbere is risk in banking on parsons inside read and diag development at tbe pro level.

separate from any possible character stuff. But I swear I saw him make strides in that department from tbe Michigan game last year where it was kinda suspect to the bowl game where he just literally wrecked Memphis by himself.

misdirection looks to be the biggest snag. You can’t run yourself out of gaps in this scheme

Then that pick....As it stands today....Would be one of Sewell, Parsons, Smith or Chase. To me....Those are the top 4 talents in the draft not named Trevor Lawrence. The question becomes...Which one do you take? Before the combine and pro days...Sewell should be the pick in my book.

I’m not a fields guy. Even Trevor lawrence bails the pocket backwards and gets himself in trouble instead of climbing at times

Ive been reviewing that NatChamp game in my head last couple days...

Ohio State's coverage was amazingly bad. What he did vs it vs having to separate from #1 NFL CBs is night and day.
It was ridiculous for me to even pose the OP question.
Well he had 20 other TDs versus the SEC. So if you arent impressed I am sure you could find something in the other games haha

Then that pick....As it stands today....Would be one of Sewell, Parsons, Smith or Chase. To me....Those are the top 4 talents in the draft not named Trevor Lawrence. The question becomes...Which one do you take? Before the combine and pro days...Sewell should be the pick in my book.

id probably have to see Sewell play some right tackle before I decided assuming he has done it. I know in 2 years he gave up one sack starting as a true freshman even. That’s hard to find.

I don’t think a top 5 left tackle is as rare a pure talent as a parsons however. But that’s to each his own

Well he had 20 other TDs versus the SEC. So if you arent impressed I am sure you could find something in the other games haha
Caught TD's from four different,QB's...played in three different offenses....kid is pretty good..

God!!...I love this ignore feature.....

id probably have to see Sewell play some right tackle before I decided assuming he has done it. I know in 2 years he gave up one sack starting as a true freshman even. That’s hard to find.

I don’t think a top 5 left tackle is as rare a pure talent as a parsons however. But that’s to each his own
Hoops.... My problem is.... You don’t draft an elite LT then move him to RT. His skills at LT from what I’ve seen are elite. Generational? Maybe. If you’re gonna play him on the right side.....In my book at least....Don’t draft him. Go get a RT later in the draft.

I haven’t done my home work on Parsons yet. But if I’m drafting him at 3....He had better be the best LBer in college. You know more about him than I do....So what’s your opinion? Is he a game changer on D?

You know what else is hard to find? An elite pass rusher in the PAC-12.

Back
Top Bottom