Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

If he does go 2 overall, then you're still left with the options of Sewell, Parsons and Chase.

That's a good problem to have.

And if he is gone at 2, that leaves 2 of the top 3 qbs on the board and gives Miami even more ammunition to trade down and fleece a quarterback-needy team for future picks.
Money shot right here!

Didn't the lions go WR crazy back in 2003-2005 three first round WR that were "AMAZING"! How did that work out? *currently looking up Lions records for those years plus 5 and laughing. Seriously though, these GM's are aware of history and if the Jets want to draft a WR at 2 and suck for 3 more + years...I am all in!

Anybody on the planet,that has ever played some kind of ball,has had at least a jammed finger!!!!....hurts like hell,also..

Didn't the lions go WR crazy back in 2003-2005 three first round WR that were "AMAZING"! How did that work out? *currently looking up Lions records for those years plus 5 and laughing. Seriously though, these GM's are aware of history and if the Jets want to draft a WR at 2 and suck for 3 more + years...I am all in!
Yeah but doesnt that have something to do with the QB. They had drafted Joey Harrington and were trying to give him the weapons he needed to succeed. Im in no way saying a team should draft a WR near the top of multiple drafts but their thought process was valid unfortunately the QB didnt pan out.

Yeah but doesnt that have something to do with the QB. They had drafted Joey Harrington and were trying to give him the weapons he needed to succeed. Im in no way saying a team should draft a WR near the top of multiple drafts but their thought process was valid unfortunately the QB didnt pan out.
Yes of course in part it did. But they also never seemed to figure out that they needed a O line or D. For even years before. Why Sanders wanted out and quit because they would not trade him to Miami. They always seemed to draft flash and never substance. Put butts in the seats and fill in the rest of the team cheaply. But that is just my opinion. It very well could have been just a bust pick on QB?

Last edited:
Yes they did. Mike Williams out of USC and Charles Rogers out of Mich State I believe - both did not pan out. WR is very tough because guys excel in college because of schemes, and in the NFL they are more physical and if you can get off a jam speed can be negated. Remember Randall Hill out of the U? 4.3 speed and went poof in the NFL. Peter Warwick, John Ross, Ruggs...

Now look at the top receivers(WR and TE’s) in the league and where they were taken - Tyreek, Kittle, Kelce, Diggs, Davonte Adams.... We can grab plenty of good WR’s mid to late first through the 4th and get an extra second or first for someone needing a QB. These guys were taken in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round.... not 3rd overall.

Yes they did. Mike Williams out of USC and Charles Rogers out of Mich State I believe - both did not pan out. WR is very tough because guys excel in college because of schemes, and in the NFL they are more physical and if you can get off a jam speed can be negated. Remember Randall Hill out of the U? 4.3 speed and went poof in the NFL. Peter Warwick, John Ross, Ruggs...

Now look at the top receivers(WR and TE’s) in the league and where they were taken - Tyreek, Kittle, Kelce, Diggs, Davonte Adams.... We can grab plenty of good WR’s mid to late first through the 4th and get an extra second or first for someone needing a QB. These guys were taken in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round.... not 3rd overall.
Look at the top QBs today. 6th round, end of 1st, 2nd round... "we can get QBs later!"

Filbert, you are right. It wasn't just getting away from Gase, it was going to a good team with a quality o-line and Derrick Henry and company toting the rock. Tannehill is making some pretty throws for the Titans. Too bad they couldn't get past the Ravens. Tonight's game will be a tough one with the Bills facing the Ravens. It should be a war!!

Look at the top QBs today. 6th round, end of 1st, 2nd round... "we can get QBs later!"

If you are going to refer to Brady in the 6th he is the exception not the rule. Good try though. Show me the best WR’s of all time and where were they taken in the draft. I can tell you that teams don’t build through taking WR’s in the top 5. Show me the list of All Pro receivers who won Super Bowls taken in the top 4. Peter Warrick, Sammy Watkins, Justin Blackmon, Corey Davis?? Nope. Teams don’t win taking WR’s in the top 4. Smith is a great receiver but our team will be better off trading down a few spots and taking Chase or Pitts plus a first or second rounder versus taking Smith.

People are so worried on this board about missing out on the next Joe Thomas or Laremy Tunsil. Its QB at 3 or trade back and take a WR.

Back
Top Bottom