Could Dolphins' Bobby Mccain And Minkah Fitzpatrick Be Trading Places? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins' Bobby Mccain And Minkah Fitzpatrick Be Trading Places?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_9741124.jpg

During the Miami Dolphins’ stretch of organized team activities (OTAs) and offseason workouts, there were whispers about what exactly the Miami Dolphins intend to do with defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick. Was he set to move to Free Safety? Was he going to play outside corner? It seems as though his best fit is as a nickel defensive back — he can play man to man in the slot but also station himself off the edge to play run support or blitz with the most deception there.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ain-and-minkah-fitzpatrick-be-trading-places/

Coaches will decide based on practice. Their decisions will be good or bad. It will seal their fates eventually. Let’s hope if they do this, they are right.

One thing you have to give the pats secondary. Every other year you look and say “they got nothing.” And by the end of the year they are all playing well together.

First round pick wasted on a not every down slot corner? Is that what I’m reading. Somebody please explain.

Did you forget what team you root for? Business as usual.

I dont know how we keep putting all kinds of guys at FS spot instead of the best FS on the team.

If he isnt the best FS on the team... He was a wasted pick. If he isnt a FS then we should have drafted Derwin James instead.

First round pick wasted on a not every down slot corner? Is that what I’m reading. Somebody please explain.

Hahaha wow imagine thinking we wasted a pick on Minkah. Also thinking just because he will mainly man the slot means he comes off the field when we go 4-3...

If/when McCain fails at safety I can’t wait til they dump that contract. As bad as he was at corner last year I suppose you kick the tires on anything. Overrated slot too for two years he allowed too much separation out of cuts or the top of routes but pure slot best fit. He had trouble with contain at freaking corner how you think that’s gonna look at safety? Ball contain play at safety is critical.

Still feels like probably more package play based stuff

Minkah was the highest rated slot corner in the NFL last year. His grades at safety were mediocre and his boundary work was abysmal.

I'm playing him at nickel and maybe some LB in odd formations. Where he was drafted is utterly meaningless at this point.

He never should have been drafted. We had no need at safety and he was by no means the best player available. He was the most hyped player available, and that is what Grier responds to. He learned that from Jeff Ireland. The guy who trades up to the #3 pick and drafts a drug addict because he is super hyped by the media.

Vita Vea should have been the pick. He was the actual best player available and at a position of extreme need.

McCain will not be a dolphin after this season. Position change with new coach with 2 absolute stinkers on tape last year. Do the math he is on his way out.

Minkah was the highest rated slot corner in the NFL last year. His grades at safety were mediocre and his boundary work was abysmal.

I'm playing him at nickel and maybe some LB in odd formations. Where he was drafted is utterly meaningless at this point.

He never should have been drafted. We had no need at safety and he was by no means the best player available. He was the most hyped player available, and that is what Grier responds to. He learned that from Jeff Ireland. The guy who trades up to the #3 pick and drafts a drug addict because he is super hyped by the media.

Vita Vea should have been the pick. He was the actual best player available and at a position of extreme need.

Vita Vea is better than Derwin James . . .

Minkah will be playing everywhere like he did at Bama.

McCain will be FS in packages and in certain formations.

That's going to be fine.

Also, yes Derwin James should've been the pick, will be the best FS/SS or whatever you want to call him in 2 years maximum.

New coaches watched all the games last season, came into minicamp and says let's see if he can play safety? ....hmmm.

My favorite play last year was watching McCain play man and the rest of the team playing zone, and burke going nuts. /sarcasmoff

Back
Top Bottom