Could Dolphins BOTH Rookies of the Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins BOTH Rookies of the Year?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If Phillips is a 3 down LB, he'll be in the conversation, probably.

Waddle would have to set a rookie record in receiving AND be amazing in the return game to be in the conversation when you're up against QB's.

(edited to add)

Is it possible for a 2nd year guy to be voted comeback poy? 😆

If Waddle is OROY, then that probably means Tua is Pro Bowl bound.

Or All-Pro with the numbers Waddle would have to put up.

Unfortunately Waddle came out with Jesus Christ Lawrence and a handful of other hyped QBs.

If Wilson looks like the real deal in Ny he'll be slobbered over, same with Fields in Chicago.
And Lawrence in Jax will command a lot of attention/hype if he does well.

For D ROY, I would mind put my money on Phillips. For O ROY, I love Waddle, but as long as one of the QB has a decent season, they will give it to QB.

Wouldn’t that be sweet..

Personally I’d like to see who finishes ahead in voting with waddle and Devonta.

I think Phillips has a much better chance that Waddle. Every offensive award is heavily stacked in favor of the QBs anymore. Derrick Henry ran for 2000 yards and didn’t get a single vote for MVP.
Interesting thread.

You guys should be excited about your first round picks.

I agree with your take that Phillips stands a much better chance of winning the award than Waddle. In fact, I think the odds undervalue his chance of winning on the defensive side of the ball. Sacks on his stat line may stand out more than tackles or TFLs on Parsons' stats line.

Unfortunately, barring injury, Waddle seems to be an unlikely candidate. QBs have only won 5 of the last 10 times on the offensive side, but Lawrence is a strong candidate to win this year.

Also, if it is going to be a pass catcher, then a player that plays for a team that throws the ball more often than the Dolphins seems more likely. The players that stand out are Pitts and Chase as Burrow and Ryan throw the ball a lot. Chase in particular stands out as ATL has a better group of receivers competing with Pitts for receptions.

I imagine Rashawn Slater is probably not going to be the Offensive Rookie of the Year. ;)

I doubt WADDLE, not due to skill - but because of OFFENSE design ... don’t see him getting nearly the touches to win

PHILLIPS is a real possibility, due to position and need .... he should have the opportunity to get enough snaps anyway ....

If we use a lot of RPO then Waddle has an excellent chance.

Back
Top Bottom