Could Dolphins Get Defensive In This Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Get Defensive In This Draft?

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It seems like most of the talk has been offense offense offense for the Dolphins, namely QB and RB and even WR. However, all you need to do is look at our roster to see that the Defense is a bigger concern over the next couple of years. Aren't James and Booker the oldest players on offense, and they are what? 28 or so? The Defense is very aged on the d line, has no certainties at LB or in the secondary either.
Saban is a defensive minded coach and when have coaches like that not given priority to defense in the draft? If we trade down, which i think we will end up doing, I could very easily see our first 2 picks in the draft being spent on defense.

I expect them to be both defensive and offensive....offensive especially to the 49ers.

thecoordinator said:
It seems like most of the talk has been offense offense offense for the Dolphins, namely QB and RB and even WR. However, all you need to do is look at our roster to see that the Defense is a bigger concern over the next couple of years. Aren't James and Booker the oldest players on offense, and they are what? 28 or so? The Defense is very aged on the d line, has no certainties at LB or in the secondary either.
Saban is a defensive minded coach and when have coaches like that not given priority to defense in the draft? If we trade down, which i think we will end up doing, I could very easily see our first 2 picks in the draft being spent on defense.

Very good points. If we trade down, which I hope we do, I could see us using one of the 1st's on Defense(Merriman or Davis) and the other on a WR(Williamson or Clayton) or RB(Caddy), then use our newly acquired 2nd on a DT like Patterson.

SpeedRush99 said:
Very good points. If we trade down, which I hope we do, I could see us using one of the 1st's on Defense(Merriman or Davis) and the other on a WR(Williamson or Clayton) or RB(Caddy), then use our newly acquired 2nd on a DT like Patterson.

i would love to see us get davis from uga. where is he projected to go? i havent seen him in the top 25 i dont think.

thecoordinator said:

It's funny cause you see some of the mocks on this board and they have us taking 4 O players and like 1 D player.
I think it will be the opposite. This will be a successful draft if we get 1 starter on offense and 2 on defense.

If we trade down, our first TWO selections will be DEFENSE. Mark these words. Saban's style and the age of our defense makes this necessary. In our present slot, no defensive player would be of good value, quite similar to the situation Crennel is in. Both these new, defensive coaches would love to stockpile bodies on D.

thecoordinator said:
i would love to see us get davis from uga. where is he projected to go? i havent seen him in the top 25 i dont think.

All depends where you look, I've seen as high as 15th overall and as low as 2nd round.

SpeedRush99 said:
All depends where you look, I've seen as high as 15th overall and as low as 2nd round.

if we end up trading with the bucs and get the #5 and #36 i would love to get rolle and then steal davis at #36 if he fell to us

thecoordinator said:
if we end up trading with the bucs and get the #5 and #36 i would love to get rolle and then steal davis at #36 if he fell to us

Hell no

If we fell to #5, Edwards will definately be gone. I go RB

IFs and buts and candy nuts folks... the fact is we haven't traded down, and probably won't. So, with that, i don't think there's any way we draft defense with #2. I really believe it will be Ronnie Brown. Then in the second round, people will drop, as the so often do... saban will pick up a nice defensive player at #46. Probably Linebacker or Safety.

thecoordinator said:

I could very easily see our first 2 picks in the draft being spent on defenseQUOTE:roflmao: :roflmao: lmao:roflmao: nowaywe go d inthe 1st round :shakeno: :roflmao:

I think we will end up trading down with TB, not Minny, with about 5 mins left on the clock.

Back
Top Bottom