Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

You are a parroting what others think. I don't care how much of a tizzy it gets you. Unless you work for a draft service, you are nothing more than a poster with an opinion, and even they have shown to have an unusual bias toward the SEC...as if they are the only conference with talent.

Auburn is ranked 14th nationally in total defense. This is out of 130 D-1 teams. This means that Oregon/Herbert played an away game against a defense in the top 11% of the nation...and you try to minimize this achievement.

You must be a Tua guy...

BULLSHIT dude, I've been saying the same thing for 2 years, go back through my post history on Herbert. I been up and down on him all the way through the last couple of seasons, as I have made my own mind up. He's intruiging as hell but he's a project that may or may not work out.

You've obviously never seen the kid play because you keep reiterating stats to build an argument, watch some of his freaking games ffs and educate yourself. Don't just watch a highlight reel because he's an absolute superstar in those.

And yes I am absolutely a Tua guy, and very proud to be that doesn't preclude me or anyone else liking other QBs in this draft, I'm desperate for a QB #3 behind Burrow and Tua but I've been constantly disappointed watching Herbert and Fromm and reading reports on Love. Hurts for me is the #3 guy. Honestly this QB class outside the top 2 is very weak.

And yes I am absolutely a Tua guy,

Aaannnnndd on that note I'm out. This tells me that objectivity is at a premium and the little given will be tainted with biases.

The big problem with this approach is that it takes longer to build a good offense, and a good offense has a much longer shelf life than a good defense. So, ideally, you'd get your QB and build around him as quickly as possible, and once the offense is where you want it, or trending that way, you should be able to build a defense quick enough to have the units peak at around the same time.

Starting with an emphasis on D would translate to some wins - could be looking at picking Top 15/20 instead of Top 5/10. But, if you don't yet have your QB, need a new OL, and better weapons across the board, it's hard to say that type of improvement actually helps the trajectory of the franchise.

Elite QB via draft & competent OL (Draft/ FA) with this WR group will translate to 8 wins. RB must/ can be fixed with a Rd2 pick and second tier FA (Ekeler, Lewis, Powell).
The problem/ question mark IMO is GRIER.
IM having hard time understanding following major move/ use of assets:
1. Rosen trade. Bad deal.
2. Dieter Pick. Bad pick. Very bad.
3. Minkah situation. Mishandled.

Other than Wilkins, I don’t see much from 2019 Draft. It’s just not enough.

Build the lines....I wouldn’t use a first round pick on a running back....get a QB and make sure you have a rebuilt O-line....hopefully free agency fills 2-3 O-line positions and edge rusher and allows more flexibility on draft day.

Fitzpatrick is best player on this team.

I would do a shorter deal like 3 yr ,12 mil a yr. Offense line would need be fix asap.

Thanks mate. I am not sure what the contracts are over there, it was a guesstimate.

Elite QB via draft & competent OL (Draft/ FA) with this WR group will translate to 8 wins. RB must/ can be fixed with a Rd2 pick and second tier FA (Ekeler, Lewis, Powell).
The problem/ question mark IMO is GRIER.
IM having hard time understanding following major move/ use of assets:
1. Rosen trade. Bad deal.
2. Dieter Pick. Bad pick. Very bad.
3. Minkah situation. Mishandled.

Other than Wilkins, I don’t see much from 2019 Draft. It’s just not enough.
he's definitely had more questionable draft picks, then good ones.

The statement “Tua with one leg is better than Herbert” if taken outside of literal sense - is actually fairly accurate.
Tua vs LSU with a gimpy ankle was better than Herbert has ever been.
A progressing / healing Tua > Herbert IMO.

He will need both legs.. but you get the point.

Auburn’s defense is one of the better ones in the country. Hell it might be underrated even considering it plays its games in tbe sec every week even.

that is one physical outfit

The statement “Tua with one leg is better than Herbert” if taken outside of literal sense - is actually fairly accurate.
Tua vs LSU with a gimpy ankle was better than Herbert has ever been.
A progressing / healing Tua > Herbert IMO.

He will need both legs.. but you get the point.

How does Burrow compare to Herbert...and why is that the case?

This should be a good one.

How does Burrow compare to Herbert...and why is that the case?

This should be a good one.
I have to admit I haven't seen him play that much but I don't remember being impressed. I have heard mixed reviews on him, Prototype QB, smart, mobile... Makes WTF reads, very questionable throws. IDK? The league needs more competent QB's, and I wish him the best. Some here make the argument that a LOT of Qb's come ready to play in the NFL, I don't see it. Every once in a while you get a phenom, but most have to learn a slightly different art form which many never master. I think he is probably JAG, and I hope he proves me wrong! Peace

I would rather draft fromm before Herbert, or love in 2nd round because of competition level fromm plays on.

Back
Top Bottom