Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

Love Tua, have to admit I'm not sure he can stay healthy in the NFL or what his latest injury means for him, I pass on Herbert, Fromm, Love we already have a broken QB why get another. Wouldn't take a QB other than Tua or Burrow in the 1st, have to win games and there the only 2 who do, have reservations about Burrows to he runs 20-25% of the time and gets hit, I'm not sure you can get away with that in the NFL and last long without serious injury, bust a knee that's a 2 year setback.

You are referring to building an offense and not a defense and that's your opinion but with a dominant defense....

Neither can the opponent … a nasty defense that creates turnovers and scores is a nightmare for opponents ... a good kicker can score points and win games ... but I get it ... these days everyone wants to see the next Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Mahomes ... If there was a RB equal to Elliot available in the draft I'm sure many on this site would retract their RB statements based on our teams needs ...

If Case Young is our pick you don't leave it alone... you add complimentary pieces IMO ... when and where? ... I'll leave it to those who know but a DOMINANT defense will not only score points but will also give you more opportunities on offense and special teams to do so

Did you see what the 49ers did last night without a generational talent at QB? ... did you watch a generational talent on the other side score points? It can be done
Sorry but the defense rarely score points. And the defense will be tired by the 4th quarter if the offense has too many 3 and outs . Even a great defense gets tired. I rather have a great offense who nobody can stop. That way the defense is rested in the 4th quarter. Thats just common sense. Reality check for you.

Sorry but the defense rarely score points. And the defense will be tired by the 4th quarter if the offense has too many 3 and outs . Even a great defense gets tired. I rather have a great offense who nobody can stop. That way the defense is rested in the 4th quarter. Thats just common sense. Reality check for you.

No need to be disrespectful my friend … you have an opinion, so do I... we disagree … no big deal … If you don't see how a dominant defense can make a difference it's really ok with me

Arguements can be made for each, but it almost always takes both units being good to make consistent, deep playoff runs. A big deficiency in either will be exposed against premier teams.

I believe it's easier to build a good D (assuming a good versatile scheme), but it's easier to maintain a quality O (assuming a good QB).

Arguements can be made for each, but it almost always takes both units being good to make consistent, deep playoff runs. A big deficiency in either will be exposed against premier teams.

I believe it's easier to build a good D (assuming a good versatile scheme), but it's easier to maintain a quality O (assuming a good QB).

XACTLY. Last 25 SBs. The winning team had a top 8 D 18 times. Want to say those outliers had an elite QB? well, if you consider PManning in DEN and eli as elite, I suppose so. I've said earlier, Ben only won with a top 2 D. Rodgers only won with a top 2 D. Brady never won with a D lower than 8. I'm not arguing teams don't need a top QB (Eagles excepted), but some seem to discount a top D as if the QB can win without one.

How well did that work out for Dan Marino?

Dont you know? Only one opinion is the true opinion. You are wrong, solely because you like Tua as a prospect. Shame on you!
Tell me if you would draft Tua with our first pick.

It shouldn't be that hard because you two are obviously professional scouts who do this for a living.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me if you would draft Tua with our first pick.

It shouldn't be that hard because you two are obviously professional scouts who do this for a living.
None of that is the point here. The point is that you are dismissing someone from even being in a discussion with you about any player, because he was high on Tua. Who's to say geo cant be objective? Dude you act like you are right 100% of the time, but its all a huge gamble in the end anyways. Get off your high horse. Yes, I think I am leaning on I would take him with our pick. Depends how he looks and is set to recover. He was the best QB prospect in this draft bar none, regardless of what you think or not. People want to bitch about "well you cant insert anyone on this team to fix it right away" .... well if we draft him, sit him this year- he learns, recovers more, and we build up the rest of the team. But yeah yeah, hes injury prone and will never walk again....

Aaannnnndd on that note I'm out. This tells me that objectivity is at a premium and the little given will be tainted with biases.

I think we have seen this year that we can win with this crappy defense...

I think we have also seen that we cannot beat anyone with this even worse offense.

None of that is the point here. The point is that you are dismissing someone from even being in a discussion with you about any player, because he was high on Tua.

It wasn't really that serious...but let's continue.

Who's to say geo cant be objective? Dude you act like you are right 100% of the time, but its all a huge gamble in the end anyways.

First, I say Geo can't be objective...at least not with a bias/backhanded compliment toward other QB's thrown in for good measure. I count you among those types as well. Secondly, we are picking anywhere from 3-5 at the moment. That said, can you tell me how many of the top 5 picks in the history of the NFL have been a gamble to even walk straight again? Anything is a gamble, but winning gamblers OFTEN have the odds in their favor and stay away from longshots.

Get off your high horse.

Not a chance. My high horse gives me a better vantage point for the BS Tua supporters spout daily.

Yes, I think I am leaning on I would take him with our pick. Depends how he looks and is set to recover. He was the best QB prospect in this draft bar none, regardless of what you think or not.

You don't have to add, "Depends how he looks and is set to recover," because I believe you would pick him anyway because as you said, "...its all a huge gamble in the end anyways." If his doctors and Miami's doctors can vouch for a hip that is in the same bad shape as a person involved in a catastrophic automobile accident...IN TIME for the draft, I'd be all for choosing Tua with our top pick. What are the chances his hip is cleared and he can have a Pro Day and combine by then?

People want to bitch about "well you cant insert anyone on this team to fix it right away" .... well if we draft him, sit him this year- he learns, recovers more, and we build up the rest of the team. But yeah yeah, hes injury prone and will never walk again....

As I said before. You would draft him with our first pick regardless of the extent of his injury. He could be 80% and his supporters will bang the table saying that Tua at 80% is better than Lamar Jackson at 100%. You guys don't know how ou sound.

Back
Top Bottom