Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

It wasn't really that serious...but let's continue.

First, I say Geo can't be objective...at least not with a bias/backhanded compliment toward other QB's thrown in for good measure. I count you among those types as well. Secondly, we are picking anywhere from 3-5 at the moment. That said, can you tell me how many of the top 5 picks in the history of the NFL have been a gamble to even walk straight again? Anything is a gamble, but winning gamblers OFTEN have the odds in their favor and stay away from longshots.

Not a chance. My high horse gives me a better vantage point for the BS Tua supporters spout daily.

You don't have to add, "Depends how he looks and is set to recover," because I believe you would pick him anyway because as you said, "...its all a huge gamble in the end anyways." If his doctors and Miami's doctors can vouch for a hip that is in the same bad shape as a person involved in a catastrophic automobile accident...IN TIME for the draft, I'd be all for choosing Tua with our top pick. What are the chances his hip is cleared and he can have a Pro Day and combine by then?

As I said before. You would draft him with our first pick regardless of the extent of his injury. He could be 80% and his supporters will bang the table saying that Tua at 80% is better than Lamar Jackson at 100%. You guys don't know how ou sound.
Love guys who just create their own narrative - I have been reading Travis’ posts from the beginning of time it seems and this. Is hogwash - Travis just told you he wants to see the med reports you bring on this crap about Tua - his stats and tape are all there go look for yourself

You would be wise to look before you leap

Love guys who just create their own narrative - I have been reading Travis’ posts from the beginning of time it seems and this. Is hogwash - Travis just told you he wants to see the med reports you bring on this crap about Tua - his stats and tape are all there go look for yourself

Get off his jock and let him speak for himself...

I don't care what he tells me, I know that he would pick Tua with our first pick if the doctor simply told him he would be able to walk again.

A Tua acolyte like yourself would choose Tua even if he had a prosthetic. If he couldn't play you would find justification t make him a QB coach...some dumb -ish.

Get off his jock and let him speak for himself...

I don't care what he tells me, I know that he would pick Tua with our first pick if the doctor simply told him he would be able to walk again.

A Tua acolyte like yourself would choose Tua even if he had a prosthetic. If he couldn't play you would find justification t make him a QB coach...some dumb -ish.
Then PM Travis privately - otherwise expect retorts to baseless crap

Your posts are an eyesore

take a time out

Thanks man, looks like youve been here since 04, so you probably have been reading my posts since the inception! ha

1. You would draft him with our first pick regardless of the extent of his injury. He could be 80% and his supporters will bang the table saying that Tua at 80% is better than Lamar Jackson at 100%. 2. You guys don't know how ou sound.
Whatever to the rest of that long winded post but,

To 1- no thats not quite true. If something develops that deems him a total trainwreck for his football future, I'd probably have to give up hope he can recover and us wanting to draft him.
2- I'm guessing you mean- how crazy "we" sound? ummmmm...... I feel like yes, we do indeed realizd how crazy and optimistic it is to hope for this. But why not? Now is the time to swing for the fences, we are rebuilding the whole team from the ground up. Take a home run swing on a guy, and with the rest of our plethora of picks we can build up the team, and take a QB to develop as well in the later rounds. Also have Rosen on the team, to hope he gets better. Some postsers wanted to just roll with him anyways and let him learn and get better, well here's that shot. Tua likely isnt going to play next year anyways

Whatever to the rest of that long winded post but,

To 1- no thats not quite true. If something develops that deems him a total trainwreck for his football future, I'd probably have to give up hope he can recover and us wanting to draft him.
2- I'm guessing you mean- how crazy "we" sound? ummmmm...... I feel like yes, we do indeed realizd how crazy and optimistic it is to hope for this. But why not? Now is the time to swing for the fences, we are rebuilding the whole team from the ground up. Take a home run swing on a guy, and with the rest of our plethora of picks we can build up the team, and take a QB to develop as well in the later rounds. Also have Rosen on the team, to hope he gets better. Some postsers wanted to just roll with him anyways and let him learn and get better, well here's that shot.
Tua likely isnt going to play next year anyways

We'll just have to agree to disagree...to a certain extent.

I'm all for the tank for a QB...heck, I was down for the double tank for Lawrence (changed my stance on him). I would take Tua with one of our later 1st rounders as a flier, but I can't swing for the fences on the first pick we have. One of the DE's is fine with me, then a QB with the Steelers pick. Move up with the Texans pick...but don't blow the chance to get an impact player who is healthy.

XACTLY. Last 25 SBs. The winning team had a top 8 D 18 times. Want to say those outliers had an elite QB? well, if you consider PManning in DEN and eli as elite, I suppose so. I've said earlier, Ben only won with a top 2 D. Rodgers only won with a top 2 D. Brady never won with a D lower than 8. I'm not arguing teams don't need a top QB (Eagles excepted), but some seem to discount a top D as if the QB can win without one.
Right. Otherwise Marino would have won multiple super bowls.

We'll just have to agree to disagree...to a certain extent.

I'm all for the tank for a QB...heck, I was down for the double tank for Lawrence (changed my stance on him). I would take Tua with one of our later 1st rounders as a flier, but I can't swing for the fences on the first pick we have. One of the DE's is fine with me, then a QB with the Steelers pick. Move up with the Texans pick...but don't blow the chance to get an impact player who is healthy.
I'd be all for taking a Chase Young and (Tua) if he were there for the Steelers pick, but I just dont know if he will be... Obviously Young is the cream of the crop but maybe someone else like Epenesa, Gross-Matos, or Okwara turn into pretty good pass rushers too. Who knows where they end up in the end but could be good picks too

Draft Chase Young, steal Yannick Ngakoue from the Jags in free agency, add another run stuffing dt, get Howard healthy, bring back Talib in 20220 and the draft Surtain Jr in 2021 to replace Talib. Keep getting growth from Wilkins, Godchaux, Baker, McMillian, Biegle and Charlton. You would have the makings of a pretty good defense.

Back
Top Bottom