Could Eddie Moore play safety? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Eddie Moore play safety?

Mr Yu said:
Does anyone agree that when we start talking about "moving" a guy from one postion to another that it is code for "sucks" at the current postion?
Yeah, but then why didn't we try Fiedler at Safety?:lol:

Buddy said:
This may be a dumb question but what the heck, at least it is a new thought. Eddie is pretty fast for a linebacker and we need to try and get some value out of him. I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he hits hard enough or can cover well enough to play safety. Let me know what you think.
We already moved Tony Bua to safety.

Phinsfan1980 said:
Yeah, but then why didn't we try Fiedler at Safety?:lol:

But would that have given us the best chance to win?

PhiNomina said:
Why does everyone say he sucks so bad? I understand it was a reach and we could have gotten Boldin, but still Moore didn't play bad at ALL when he was in, actually he played fairly well. I understand it was a bad pick but that doesn't mean he is a bad player...give the guy a shot.

amen

SQuinn17 said:
thats funny how a regular guy knocked him out cold. the fufutre of our linebacking crew looks so bright after this incident i dunno what to say.

He was cold ****ed. It wasn't a straight up fight

Buddy said:
This may be a dumb question but what the heck, at least it is a new thought. Eddie is pretty fast for a linebacker and we need to try and get some value out of him. I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he hits hard enough or can cover well enough to play safety. Let me know what you think.

er......... let me think about this.... NO we are not that desperate

Ok, so this wasn't my most brilliant thread but I was sick of the same old mock draft, Brown is better than Benson, Why we should draft a QB crap. In addition, I hope that we can make chicken salad out of chicken $hit! Chalk up another wasted first-day pick to the Wannster. By the way, I have heard more than once that Spielman wanted Anquan but Dave overruled him and took Moore although we will never truly know what happened there.

HelloMotto said:
Word out of south florida is that they want to move him to kicker. :roflmao:
This is the dumb question of the week. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Now, let's be nice...this isn't too dumb a question when you consider that we are moving Bua to safety...but to answer the question, Moore is not nearly fast enough to play safety in the NFL...he is quick for a LB, but not fast....In Bua's case, he played safety in college and high school and only LB the last year before he was drafted. DW drafted him to be in the mold of ZT...a quick fast LB that plays well in a confined area. He was also a ST wiz in college as well. Again, Moore wouldn't be able to make the switch to safety adequately.

MarSly said:
Tony Bua will be around longer then Moore because he is a SEC guy who Saban seems to favor.

I dont think Saban will keep a guy around just because he is from the SEC, makes no sense to do that if another player is better.

Back
Top Bottom