Could Eddie Moore play safety? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Eddie Moore play safety?

Buddy

Sexy Big Man
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but what the heck, at least it is a new thought. Eddie is pretty fast for a linebacker and we need to try and get some value out of him. I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he hits hard enough or can cover well enough to play safety. Let me know what you think.

Actually the guy probaply could play safety however i doubt a move will happen.

anytime somebody mentions eddie moore on this board, i keep getting reminded of not picking anquan boldin. makes me angry

Lazy1 said:
Actually the guy probaply could play safety however i doubt a move will happen.

no he couldn't. he is not fast enough. he is nowhere near as fast as Archuleta, and that's what makes him a good hybrid LB/S.

I wouldn't be suprised in the least to see him cut, and replaced with a LB thats like 6'3 or 6'4. Saban LOVES tall linebackers

Buddy said:
This may be a dumb question but what the heck, at least it is a new thought. Eddie is pretty fast for a linebacker and we need to try and get some value out of him. I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he hits hard enough or can cover well enough to play safety. Let me know what you think.

Word out of south florida is that they want to move him to kicker. :roflmao:
This is the dumb question of the week. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Eddie Moore + Wade Smith....

Dave`s Pet Projests days are numbered....:shakeno:

Buddy said:

Eddie needs to be able to make it thru an entire season first before trying to teach him a new position.

THOMAS_54 said:
We've switched enough LB's to S already.

actually we switch S's to LBs (Zach,Jenkins,Bua), but Bua has played both LB and SS in college so Dave moved him to LB because he likes small LBs, and Saban moved him back to SS because he's too small weight wise to be an LB.

BenchFiedler said:
Yep, and he can't fight either....He gets beat up at clubs.

thats funny how a regular guy knocked him out cold. the fufutre of our linebacking crew looks so bright after this incident i dunno what to say.

Dudeman said:
I wouldn't be suprised in the least to see him cut, and replaced with a LB thats like 6'3 or 6'4. Saban LOVES tall linebackers

i think Saban just likes TALL guys no matter what. He is signing all of these TALL offensive lineman, TALL defensive lineman, TALLER linebackers. I think Saban wants a team full of GIGANTIC guys...psychologically, its intimidating/scary to go against a defense or offense full of gigantic black guys.

Mod Note: Regarding this comment...

...it's intimidating/scary to go against a defense or offense full of gigantic black guys...
Maybe it's intimidating for someone who irrationally believes that the color of a player's skin would make equally hard hits and equal quality of play affect him differently in some way, but I kinda doubt that's part of the equation for any athlete who's made it to the pro level.

In any case, the policy and philosophy of this forum calls for objectivity and colorblindness in posts save for the occasional instance where some issue regarding race has arisen elsewhere.

It's in your game, not your color.

Thanks,
P4E

ItalianDolFan said:
i think Saban just likes TALL guys no matter what. He is signing all of these TALL offensive lineman, TALL defensive lineman, TALLER linebackers. I think Saban wants a team full of GIGANTIC guys...psychologically, its intimidating/scary to go against a defense or offense full of gigantic black guys.

I think the reason he's doing it is because smaller d's wear out easily. It's happened to us and to the Jets last year in the playoffs, if your D is built around smaller LB corps, and your offense can't do anything your D will tire out quickly. Bigger defenses don't tire out as much because thye don't have to move around as much.

Back
Top Bottom