Could Fins go heavy on D early? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Fins go heavy on D early?

If I’m Detroit and Miami has just taken smith after atlanta took pitts/chase and cinci took the other and I’m staring at parsons or a waddle for example...

yeah I’m taking parsons and getting my wr in early round 2

of course I don’t like Detroit for parsons reaching his ceiling as a player but that’s another discussion

the first 3 pick need be starter..Tua is going need help...i would rather go offensive first 3 pick.. after that you can do what ever.. anything after 3rd rd is going take time if they turn out be good...

I can only imagine the anger on finheaven if Miami passes up a receiver at #6 and #18.

But the addition of Fuller makes me wonder about that #6 and if Grier/Flores even consider wide receiver a need.
There is the distinct possibility that they don't have the same urgency with WR as do most at Finheaven.

I really can't imagine why they would trade back up for a defensive player though.

I'm so torn at times about this. I want play makers on offense but dam I know we need some pieces on defense!
I still think Miami needs to put talent around Tua. That has to be the goal. But that doesn't mean all offense and Miami could definitely go defense early.

The Fuller pick makes wide receiver less of a short-term need. That said, with the talent at the position in the draft I want to see the Dolphins get a high-end receiver.

There is the distinct possibility that they don't have the same urgency with WR as do most at Finheaven.

I really can't imagine why they would trade back up for a defensive player though.
Connecting the dots does make it seem like a wr at #6 (or Pitts). But Parsons could have been the target all along, which might explain trading back ahead of Detroit.

Connecting the dots does make it seem like a wr at #6 (or Pitts). But Parsons could have been the target all along, which might explain trading back ahead of Detroit.
Maybe, it should be an interesting draft.

If Pitts and Chase are off the board, I don't have a huge issue with Parsons.

As time goes on and after the weirdness (IMO) and low yield of the trade down from 3 to 6 (with a momentary stop at 12)
I'm certainly not sure the org has a clear cut plan -- more fly by the seat of the pants. Also find it "interesting" there was NO presser about the trade --- no "official" explanation or attempt at explaining/justifying. I don't like that kind of BS where there's ZERO accountability (in the immediate sense) for a very significant development like that. Obviously the org believes they have nothing to justify and/or explain. I can certainly see them crowing after the draft that whatever/whoever happens @6 was their plan all along. Meanwhile the horrible value of the trade is not getting challenged at all.

Who would you project?
I'd think, Parsons has to be in serious consideration at #6. No matter what most fans believe or want. Once Fuller was signed, as an ideal deep threat, who also gets separation and can be franchised next year, if Miami feels the need to keep him. Add it all up and you could make a serious argument for a defensive player at both #6 and potentially at #18.

The LB unit wasn't very good at stopping anything last season, outside of the occasional big play. While Mckinney appears to be an upgrade, he's not in Parsons, league.

Also keep in mind of the offensive kids from the senior bowl, who Miami has good insite on as potential draftees, Miami targets throughout the draft, because of developmental capabilities.

This obviously is my opinion of course. Connecting the dots pre draft is always fun. Lots of speculation. I'm not completely sold they'll go WR at #6?

As time goes on and after the weirdness (IMO) and low yield of the trade down from 3 to 6 (with a momentary stop at 12)
I'm certainly not sure the org has a clear cut plan -- more fly by the seat of the pants. Also find it "interesting" there was NO presser about the trade --- no "official" explanation or attempt at explaining/justifying. I don't like that kind of BS where there's ZERO accountability (in the immediate sense) for a very significant development like that. Obviously the org believes they have nothing to justify and/or explain. I can certainly see them crowing after the draft that whatever/whoever happens @6 was their plan all along. Meanwhile the horrible value of the trade is not getting challenged at all.
I think the value was there, essentially getting an extra #1 and #3 pick for moving down three spots. But, yes I would have preferred if that #3 was for 2021. In respect to 2021, the Dolphins lost draft value but I'm okay with gaining future picks.

Of course, the bottom line is making the right pick. That #6 will be interesting. Obviously, Grier felt he had to trade back in that range to get whoever they draft.

Of course my thoughts on the draft fluctuate about as much as crypto currency...ha!

McKinney’s good and an ideal fit. It’s an obvious upgrade assuming his shoulder is healthy. Lbs and shoulders can be dicey.

if it won’t for Micah parsons level as a player talent Id say just role with mckinney check that box and move on. But this kids rare and a premium talent. So he’s an exception. None of the other draft options for McKinney’s ask/job in this class are worth upgrading him for.

They got in house 2 deeps for both off ball lb slots right now. What they don’t have assuming they still want it is a kvn role replacement (hybrid). That’s where a zaven Collins fits right in.

We could have both Hoops with 6 and maybe Collins at 36??

We could have both Hoops with 6 and maybe Collins at 36??

yes I think that’s possible. Collins is gonna have to get by teams like Cleveland at 26 and I know New England is in the off ball draft market as well. Don’t let them get parsons at 15. Collins would be in play with them too. 4.7 and hybrid I can see him seeing pick 36 given he won’t be a full time every down player in a lot of teams schemes. Id be surprised if he made it as a full time off ball lb and I don’t believe there’s a chance he makes it as a full time 34 olb with basically a shoulder dip as his pass rush move on the edge vs a tackle. But hybrid yep. Pittsburgh’s another team in the off ball lb market.

Back
Top Bottom