Could Fred Russell start for us at RB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Fred Russell start for us at RB?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First I have to say that I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long but I'm a manager now at my job and I've been working long hours so I haven't have much time to post but of course when something like this happens I have to make time and get in here. I miss been here as much as I used to and is good to be back. Anyway, I haven't read everything so maybe you guys have talk about this already but what about Fred Russell? I heard that he looked real good at the mini capms(I know that was no pads)but for those of you who know more about him than me, could he help us out? Could this be a blesing in disguise for us?Maybe him or Henry can turn out to be a great back for us now but I hate that we gaved up those picks for Ricky and now he's gone.

Ozzy rules!!

congrats to your promotion then :up:

i don´t think that he could unseat travis minor, if the FO will make it a battle between minor, henry, morris

I think Henry is the man, we've been missing, I actually think he's the next Ricky on this team,,just needs some game time.

How about a split role between henry and minor? let one guy soften the D and then let the other take over in the second half?

here is my take on the whole thing

travis minor will be the starter with fred "subtle hustle" russell as the backup/3rd down back.

after about 4 weeks russell will win over the starting job from minor.

and we wont be talking about bringing in a running back in the offseason cause russell will be our new running back

prediction

russell - 1,200 rushing yards in 2004-2005 season

ii

This is unfortunately...

what the retirement of Ricky Williams means...that we start looking at a 5-7 midget as a full time replacement. Fred Russell is maybe a change of pace third down back...maybe...

Please let's stop this...we're screwed now let's move on.
For now its Travis Minor and maybe Stacey Mack or some other retread...heck let's bring back Kevin Mack.

I have watched Russelll for his entire college career and was very happy he ended up in Miami. I can tell you this about him, he is very fast, won't quit, and plays with a lot of heart. The key thing with him is he is so small that he gets lost in the line and waits for a seem than makes cut back and before long he is 5-10 yards down field.

The knock on him and always will be is he is too small to play and will get hurt. People always said that about him and how he will get hurt in the Big Ten. He didn't. NFL is another animal. I love Russell and think he could definately help Miami out this year but a starter I don't know. I certainly hope he does but would be thrilled to see him come in as a change of pace back and give Minor a rest while getting about 10-15 carries.

Iowa doesn't throw to the RB very often so not real sure about his hands, but knowing Fred he is probably dying for the chance to show he can catch and run with the ball. If he can than he will be that much more dangerous, because of his size and being able to sneak away from defenders. I was kinda worried Miami might over Fred but with the shocking news I am exciting that Fred will get a good look and a chance to turn a lot of heads.

Back
Top Bottom