could history be repeating itself | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could history be repeating itself

Agent51 said:
In which case we can WAIT on a QB because the "nextTom Brady" could come from as deep as 6th round.

Good plan. Let's also wait on a RB because the next Terrell Davis can be found after the 5th round. Let's wait on WR because the next Joe Horn can be found in the 5th.

Now that we've ruled out QB, RB, and WR (since those guys can obviously be found later) which position should we look at?

dolfan4good said:
If this scenario does pan out and the Bears do select Benson, then I still think that we trade the #5 pick to the Vikes, who are looking for a WR and I think would jump on a trade up only 2 spots to pick up Mike Williams. With the #7 selection we will have our pick of H2 or Caddy and we would have picked up at least 3 new first day picks.

A double trade as you are mentioning would be interesting. What compensation could we expect. There #7 (minn) and there 2nd round pick. they might go for that. Saban would have a lot of picks to do his magic.

HelloMotto said:
1st round selections
#1 49ers pick Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
#2 Tampa picks Alex Smith, QB, Utah
#3 cleveland picks Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
#4 Bears draft Mike Williams, WR, USC
#5 Miami drafts ? benson, merriman, barron, johnson etc. this would be more challenging. :wink:
I think it will go down like that except the Bears might take Cedric Benson or Mike Williams. That leaves us with Ronnie Brown:D.

dolfan4good said:
If this scenario does pan out and the Bears do select Benson, then I still think that we trade the #5 pick to the Vikes, who are looking for a WR and I think would jump on a trade up only 2 spots to pick up Mike Williams. With the #7 selection we will have our pick of H2 or Caddy and we would have picked up at least 3 new first day picks.

Holy crap, now THAT I would love, Mike Williams AND a RB? I might just give up my precious Benson for that deal, lol

HysterikiLL said:
If you mean Anthony Thomas, I think he was a restricted free agent...I'm not sure when RFA ends though

yes, yes I did, from michigan, I have NO IDEA why I wrote davis, none whatsoever

dolfan4good said:
the vikes aren't moving.

'With the 7th pick of the draft the Minnesota Vikings select Troy Williamson, WR, Sotuh Carolina'.

At this stage, apart from Rodgers to San Fran, that is probably the nearest to happening.

General Tso said:
Good plan. Let's also wait on a RB because the next Terrell Davis can be found after the 5th round. Let's wait on WR because the next Joe Horn can be found in the 5th.

Now that we've ruled out QB, RB, and WR (since those guys can obviously be found later) which position should we look at?

How about Jack@ss and we can just draft you? I'm not too sure what your problem with me is but trying to make me look stupid or you look better/more knowledgeable than me has FAILED so far for you. When I support/do not support a player, possible draft scenerio, or trade, I have FACTS backing up my point of view, which would be an OPINION anyway, thus there is no need to incessantly bash it. You however, seem to have something to say to dispute pretty much everything I do except you have nothing to back it up so it seems you are doing it just to see your name on the board with a few sentances after it. The most facts you have given me so far to support and argument is "Kyle Orton has love handles". Yeah, and Alex Smith could have one nut for all we know, what's your point?

*ADDITION VIA EDIT* Not to mention I didn't say LETS WAIT ON EVERYONE, I said IN OUR PARTICULAR SITUATION WE CAN WAIT ON A QB. If we needed a QB slightly more than a RB but were thinking of going RB I would take the same stance if there was quality in later rounds = to the quality pools of this draft

Agent51 said:
How about Jack@ss and we can just draft you? I'm not too sure what your problem with me is but trying to make me look stupid or you look better/more knowledgeable than me has FAILED so far for you. When I support/do not support a player, possible draft scenerio, or trade, I have FACTS backing up my point of view, which would be an OPINION anyway, thus there is no need to incessantly bash it. You however, seem to have something to say to dispute pretty much everything I do except you have nothing to back it up so it seems you are doing it just to see your name on the board with a few sentances after it. The most facts you have given me so far to support and argument is "Kyle Orton has love handles". Yeah, and Alex Smith could have one nut for all we know, what's your point?

*ADDITION VIA EDIT* Not to mention I didn't say LETS WAIT ON EVERYONE, I said IN OUR PARTICULAR SITUATION WE CAN WAIT ON A QB. If we needed a QB slightly more than a RB but were thinking of going RB I would take the same stance if there was quality in later rounds = to the quality bpools of this draft

I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking the silly things you're posting like "we can wait on QB because a Tom Brady can be found late". That's as absurd as saying we should pass on RB (the position you want us to draft at #2) because a Terrell Davis can be found in the 6th.

We can pass on a QB if Saban doesn't think Rodgers or Smith are really franchise players, but he's damn well not passing on them because he thinks he'll find a Brady late in the draft.

Chicago probably won't go RB with all the other needs. Thomas Jones aint a bad back to have.

Back
Top Bottom