could history be repeating itself | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could history be repeating itself

HelloMotto

unknown quantity
Reaction score
If we were to trade out of #2 with tampa and move to #5. We could then draft C benson (ricky jr) with that pick. The same pick ricky was drafted with in 1999 by the saints. #5 overall. If we move to #5 who would be the bpa for us to draft. If ricky is still unclear of returning maybe benson would be the best pick. Or maybe shawn merriman or ..... :confused2

i wouldn't bet drafting anyone based upon what Ricky may or may not do. either WR or RB though at that point.

HelloMotto said:
If we were to trade out of #2 with tampa and move to #5. We could then draft C benson (ricky jr) with that pick. The same pick ricky was drafted with in 1999 by the bears. #5 overall. If we move to #5 who would be the bpa for us to draft. If ricky is still unclear of returning maybe benson would be the best pick. Or maybe shawn merriman or ..... :confused2

Merriman at #5? too soon for him. If he is the target for round 1, then trade down again from 5 to about 10 if possible.

I am still not on the Benson bandwagon. I just don't see him fitting in well with Linehan's system. If we go RB this early, Brown is still the guy.

What I think would be more fitting would be taking Brown at number 5. Since about 2001, I've seen a near parallel universe with San Diego and this year, a near parallel universe with Ronnie and LaDanian.

Who was the last RB to go top 5? LaDanian Tomlinson, 1st Round, 5th overall

jbond said:
i wouldn't bet drafting anyone based upon what Ricky may or may not do. either WR or RB though at that point.
1st round selections
#1 49ers pick Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
#2 Tampa picks Alex Smith, QB, Utah
#3 cleveland picks Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
#4 Bears draft Mike Williams, WR, USC
#5 Miami drafts ? benson, merriman, barron, johnson etc. this would be more challenging. :wink:

Wow if we traded down to five and got more picks and drafted the next Ladanian Tomlinson that would be the greatest thing to happen to Miami in recent years.

HelloMotto said:
1st round selections
#5 Miami drafts ? benson, merriman, barron, johnson etc. this would be more challenging. :wink:
benson goes #4 to chicago, IMO. They like him a lot.

As for the original post, Ricky won't effect this draft at all. If we go down to #5 and Benson is still around then I'd take him, but I think it'll be between Ronnie, Cadillac and Mike Williams. In which case I'd take the best player... which IMO is Mike Williams, maybe Ronnie.

the more and more I'm starting not to like picking a QB this year, the more I'm hoping we trade down with Tampa. It would be perfect in my mind because we'd still get one of the top 7 (Rodgers, Smith, Benson, Brown, C. Williams, M. Williams, Edwards)prospects and it would be guaranteed not to be a QB. I'd even rather have Barron or D.J. than get a QB, but hey............ the best case scenerio would be for me to be totally wrong, and for us to get a QB and that guy turn out to be the next Tom Brady

finsnchips said:

As for the original post, Ricky won't effect this draft at all. If we go down to #5 and Benson is still around then I'd take him, but I think it'll be between Ronnie, Cadillac and Mike Williams. In which case I'd take the best player... which IMO is Mike Williams, maybe Ronnie.

Dont the bears have a good RB, i remember him having some good games in my fantasy league? They (bears) have alot of other needs also.

outlawd2u said:
the more and more I'm starting not to like picking a QB this year, the more I'm hoping we trade down with Tampa. It would be perfect in my mind because we'd still get one of the top 7 (Rodgers, Smith, Benson, Brown, C. Williams, M. Williams, Edwards)prospects and it would be guaranteed not to be a QB. I'd even rather have Barron or D.J. than get a QB, but hey............ the best case scenerio would be for me to be totally wrong, and for us to get a QB and that guy turn out to be the next Tom Brady

In which case we can WAIT on a QB because the "nextTom Brady" could come from as deep as 6th round.

HelloMotto said:
If we were to trade out of #2 with tampa and move to #5. We could then draft C benson (ricky jr) with that pick. The same pick ricky was drafted with in 1999 by the bears. #5 overall. If we move to #5 who would be the bpa for us to draft. If ricky is still unclear of returning maybe benson would be the best pick. Or maybe shawn merriman or ..... :confused2

Ricky was Drafted by the Saints

HelloMotto said:
Dont the bears have a good RB, i remember him having some good games in my fantasy league? They (bears) have alot of other needs also.
but I can't see them taking a WR because Edwards won't be there and they have signed Mushin who is in the mold of MW#1. If i was a GM I wouldn't pin my running game on Thomas Jones.

finsnchips said:
but I can't see them taking a WR because Edwards won't be there and they have signed Mushin who is in the mold of MW#1. If i was a GM I wouldn't pin my running game on Thomas Jones.

does "A-Train" anthony davis still play for them?

IDK, I hope we trade down to 5, they take Brown because they are shocked he is still there and they have him rated higher (like everyone else seems to) and we get Benson at 5 plus another pick or two or three, and Benson for cheaper, like I have been saying and pulling for all along

HelloMotto said:
1st round selections
#5 Miami drafts ? benson, merriman, barron, johnson etc. this would be more challenging.

finsnchips said:

If this scenario does pan out and the Bears do select Benson, then I still think that we trade the #5 pick to the Vikes, who are looking for a WR and I think would jump on a trade up only 2 spots to pick up Mike Williams. With the #7 selection we will have our pick of H2 or Caddy and we would have picked up at least 3 new first day picks.

Agent51 said:
does "A-Train" anthony davis still play for them?

IDK, I hope we trade down to 5, they take Brown because they are shocked he is still there and they have him rated higher (like everyone else seems to) and we get Benson at 5 plus another pick or two or three, and Benson for cheaper, like I have been saying and pulling for all along

If you mean Anthony Thomas, I think he was a restricted free agent...I'm not sure when RFA ends though

Back
Top Bottom