Could Miami coach in the Senior Bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Miami coach in the Senior Bowl?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Any other year the answer to that question would be no, since Miami is #18 in the order for being able to coach in the game. But with covid concerns teams apparently are turning it down.

The two staffs have to be staffs that are not new head coaches, so that does mean no Jaguars, Jets, Texans, Falcons, etc.

The team's staffs are to be announced in 24 hours, and I did see one report that said if offered, the Panthers wouldn't turn it down. So I wonder if Miami could potentially be the other staff?

Kyle Crabbs said it wasn't possible, we are 18th in line, probably based on our own draft pick. It's something we should always be looking to get in on though, great opp to get closer to these kids.

My theory is that this is part of the reason why Flores said Gailey would be back, and then decided to resign two days later. We didn’t expect to be in line for the Senior Bowl and then many teams declined the offer to coach it so we ended up in line for it. I believe it’s a great advantage to drafting second and third day players.

Edit: I wonder if anyone had done proper research on the chances of later round draft picks hitting based on the experience of coaching the Senior Bowl.

Also it may be even more advantageous then ever before due to the uncertainty regarding the combine and Covid

No, Nagy already said a few days ago that Miami is considered the 18th team, not the 3rd team

No, Nagy already said a few days ago that Miami is considered the 18th team, not the 3rd team
Yes I know, but the reason I am posing the question as I mentioned in the original post is that there is a report that 10-20 teams have passed on coaching, which means even #18 in line, it could be the Dolphins.

I would be surprised teams would opt out considering the close look they get at players in these ****ed up COVID times, seems like it's a hell of an advantage.

This would be fantastic. Here's to hoping we get Flores and company coaching a side.

I would be surprised teams would opt out considering the close look they get at players in these ****ed up COVID times, seems like it's a hell of an advantage.
The reasoning I heard is that many teams have elderly assistant coaches that feel that college players aren’t being held to the same standards as NFL players in terms of Covid so there is more risk

The reasoning I heard is that many teams have elderly assistant coaches that feel that college players aren’t being held to the same standards as NFL players in terms of Covid so there is more risk
Oh ok, that makes sense

This is great news I was hoping our staff would get a chance to coach the Senior Bowl this year

Turns out Miami is coaching!! Fantastic opportunity for the team

Very good news. There is still talk of the combine being condensed or scrapped this year. Maybe some reduced pro days as well. So both teams will get a much more extensive look than the other 30 teams.

Back
Top Bottom