Could the Dolphins do a trade now for a slot WR? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could the Dolphins do a trade now for a slot WR?

We can’t just play things out, we now need depth at the position.
We do need depth, but how would you feel if we traded for a WR only to see the season cancelled after a game or two. I don't feel it makes any sense to invest anything additional in this season considering nobody knows if there will even be one.

We do need depth, but how would you feel if we traded for a WR only to see the season cancelled after a game or two. I don't feel it makes any sense to invest anything additional in this season considering nobody knows if there will even be one.

It depends on if we're talking about a stop gap receiver or someone that might fill a role on roster in 2020 and beyond. For example if you added a slot that you could see playing with the Fins for the next 4 or 5 seasons a trade would be worth it. If it's someone you're going to be looking to replace as soon as the 2020 season is complete it's not worth it.

I never said trade for a WR. Nowhere in any of my posts. However I did say if we were offered a trade that was a win win for us we would have to look at it. I’m talking a young WR, who has already established himself in the league as starter and who we have control contractually. Sometimes a trade comes along that is an absolute steal, but they are rare. I’m pretty sure though we’re not making a trade

I am glad people are seeing how valuable he is even after we traded him. The man is a great football player.

It's not that he wasn't a good football player, he's just not worth the $14 million a year he wanted or got or whatever. Also, it was reported that there were some issues with in either the locker room or he was freelancing too much. I can't remember which.

But ya, I'll pass on him even though he can be a really good football player.

It depends on if we're talking about a stop gap receiver or someone that might fill a role on roster in 2020 and beyond. For example if you added a slot that you could see playing with the Fins for the next 4 or 5 seasons a trade would be worth it. If it's someone you're going to be looking to replace as soon as the 2020 season is complete it's not worth it.

But in that case you're still spending assets - future draft picks - when ultimately we may have been able to pickup a slot receiver in free agency or in the draft. Why rush to overpay to plug a hole with all the information we have out there?

But in that case you're still spending assets - future draft picks - when ultimately we may have been able to pickup a slot receiver in free agency or in the draft. Why rush to overpay to plug a hole with all the information we have out there?

Doesn't have to be an over pay situation. For example if you added a receiver you like for a fututre 5th or 6th round pick it's not overpaying. Especially if you think the player you're trading for has more potential than your typical 5th or 6th round picks. For example if the Bengals opt to move on from John Ross and were willing to take a 5th or 6th round pick for him I would do that move.

They did the right thing. Signed a dirt vet
and a guy they’ve had in the building to compete.

as long as you got a plus top 2 combo and one of them still has upside in williams you don’t need to do anything but fill in around it.

Rick Spielman's Lamar Gordon for a 3rd, AJ Feeley for a 2nd :)
Exactly - desperation = reach and waste your picks. Someone will step up. It’s not as if Wilson or Hurns are Warfield or even Duper or Clayton. I mean, not even close to “Star” players. Just roll w Ford and some of the kids.

I’m definitely keeping my options open, but I’m letting Ford take that slot role. The one team I would kind of keep an eye on is Arizona. They Just got D-Hop, still have Fitz, and Cristian Kirk then last year they drafted Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler fairly early. Andy Isabella would be the guy I’d like to target in a potential trade. Young, Fast, had what was considered a disappointing rookie year and may be buried on the depth chart. Doubt AZ gives up on him yet but maybe a 3-4 could entice them. We’re not trading for a big name WR though

Ford and Perry Playing well. Maybe Preston Williams can play slot too. Perry will male the team as a slot WR. No need to trade for on. Rogers also making plays and undrafted rookies will be placed on PS until they come up to speed.

Back
Top Bottom