Could the starting linebackers be worse than the backups? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could the starting linebackers be worse than the backups?

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
imagesqtbnANd9GcSfKFrSZKctKsLEuy2CRTg3QL-1.jpg
Can Trip or McCain wind up starting if Wheeler, Misi, Elerbe continue to struggle? Jordan will likely stay a DE with his weight gains and suspension and Vernon's injury. Lots of money not starting if that's the case. Ireland strikes again..

Phillip Wheeler is the worst starting linebacker in the AFC East.

Fins management is far to stubborn to admit wheeler was/is a mistake.

like the current evaluator had anything to do with wheeler....its so annoying how so many people jump the gun after one series of the first preseason game of the year, there was nothing wrong except missed tackles,
they had live tackling for the 2nd time this camp (if you count the scrimmage)

like the current evaluator had anything to do with wheeler....its so annoying how so many people jump the gun after one series of the first preseason game of the year, there was nothing wrong except missed tackles,
they had live tackling for the 2nd time this camp (if you count the scrimmage)
Tackleing is something that's eluded this team for quite some time.

Its time to look at our LB coach also.

Good question but I don't think so because of the money.
I doubt that Wheeler or Ellerbe get cut because of the massive guaranteed amounts they are owed. However, that doesn't mean that we have to play them as starters. We only saw limited playing time from them and the game was being spoiled by over-officiating. Let's see them in other practice games and evaluate from there. If Jelani Jenkins is playing better, then I have no problem in starting him, although I think that Tripp may have the bigger upside (but my preference is not to rush him along before he's ready). He will do fine on Special Teams to begin with.

No the backups are not better yet, but the starters are bad.

The best players should start period. Money should not be a factor in choosing a starting player at a particular position. I am also sick of hearing that it is only tackling and they haven't tackled all that much yet. We are talking about VETERAN PROFESSIONAL football players tackling is not a new concept. You know what else is not a new concept? Missing tackles. These guys missed a ton of tackles last year and already started off missing tackles this year. So why would I believe that they will all the sudden stop missing tackles when you cant practice tackling enough to not make it an excuse. Fact is these Linebackers have a tendency to miss tackles and nothing is gonna change that.

Back
Top Bottom