Could the Vikings have an interest in Rosen? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could the Vikings have an interest in Rosen?

They don’t appear to be going anywhere, the Dolphins don’t want to win a game or two with Rosen (who’s working towards that). I’m thinking Minnesota won’t get a better scenario to get out from the rest of Kirks deal.

What’s that worth to them/us?

Rosen to Minnesota for Cousins, 1st and 4.

Would ownership even allow them to make the deal?

It’s called an “Osweiler”. When you take a bad contract in exchange for draft picks.

I’m bored waiting for the late game.

A lot still too root with NO and Pitt still playing tonight and tomorrow.

Let’s go Bengals.

Could be a good fit, but there will always be a team looking for a QB. I think they'll let it play out longer until they teach him more and he shows improvement. Imagine the value he'll have if he lights it up during preseason 2021? Teams will be frothing at the mouth.

We screwed up his trade value when we started playing him. Was hoping that’s why Fitzpatrick was playing. To preserve what value he had.

We screwed up his trade value when we started playing him. Was hoping that’s why Fitzpatrick was playing. To preserve what value he had.
That's because his value to the Dolphins isn't in trading him. They're still trying to develop him, just like they'll have to with any QB they select in any drafts moving forward. Wether they draft a QB at the top of this draft or not they're still going to need a backup, possibly even a starter.

He's shown some moments but today you really noticed the leadership concerns IMO. He sagged with the rest of the team after a couple of deflating blown kicks. Then again, it's one of the youngest teams in the league that have already gone through tremendous adversity. It doesn't help when vets like Jones look like they're playing not to get injured.

They don’t appear to be going anywhere, the Dolphins don’t want to win a game or two with Rosen (who’s working towards that). I’m thinking Minnesota won’t get a better scenario to get out from the rest of Kirks deal.

It’s called an “Osweiler”. When you take a bad contract in exchange for draft picks.

Let’s go Bengals.
Huh? If they give us a 1st and a 4th for Rosen he must be worth something or Minnesota sees potential. In that case why would we trade him and not further develop him.
We got him for a 2nd and 5th (though the very low 2nd is almost like a 3rd) and if he sucks so bad that we want to get rid of him he should have declining value not increasing value.

Spielman is kind of loose with draft picks so I wouldn't put it past him.

Let’s go Bengals.

You want cousins? Dude, what’s wrong with you?

Wasn't Spielman responsible for trading for AJ Feely after his 6 TD 5 Int season with the Eagles? I guess it could be possible given this fact.

He didn't say that. He wants the picks.

The very premise of trading for that stupid contract and all of the guaranteed money left on it for another draft pick that is likely to be in the back of the 1st round is ludicrous. Free agency is going to be just as important to rebuilding this roster, and $130 million of cap room is way better than like $80 or $90 because we were stupid enough to take on that contract for a crappy player.

The very premise of trading for that stupid contract and all of the guaranteed money left on it for another draft pick that is likely to be in the back of the 1st round is ludicrous. Free agency is going to be just as important to rebuilding this roster, and $130 million of cap room is way better than like $80 or $90 because we were stupid enough to take on that contract for a crappy player.

Vikings are looking at 14-18ish draft pick.

If Ross will pay for it who cares?

The cap space won’t all get used this year.

Some of you dismissing the value of first round picks is mind boggling.

Wasn't Spielman responsible for trading for AJ Feely after his 6 TD 5 Int season with the Eagles? I guess it could be possible given this fact.

And a first for Sam Bradford? He must be an Eagles fan. I am guessing he's not looking to help out this franchise.

No way to Cousins. Let Rosen play out all year and look at least good, then trade for a pick. Some QB needy team will do it.

Poor guy, 3 seasons, 3 teams. His confidence is shattered.

The ball is officially rolling. Do we want to play?

I am curious to know if we traded for and then released him, would there be a credit deducted based on his salary with a new team. Assuming someone actually signed him after he cleared waivers.

Rosen certainly doesn't have to be a part of the deal, I like him. I am just not looking forward to having him be here if/when we draft the little lefty.

Minnesota has a big decision to make and lucky for them they play the Giants this week. They absolutely can't lose (although i'm really really really hoping they do).

Week 5 @ NYG
Week 6 hosting PHL
Week 7 @ Detroit
Week 8 hosting Washington
Trade deadline?
Week 9 @ KC
Week 10 @ Dallas

I'm guessing they will hover around .500 all season and keep Kirk. We can revisit the situation in the off-season if they want to discuss it further and clear out that $30 million cap hit for them. At which point we might be looking at 2nd and 4th/5th?

Back
Top Bottom