Could there be a coup/mutiny underway in Davie? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could there be a coup/mutiny underway in Davie?

BgBruthaJuvi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We are all sick and tired about hearing Saban to Bama. Saban himself has denied it vehemently 3 or 4 times. Nobody knows what is going on, Bama wont go away and is apparently offering 10 for 57M now. But what I saw on the other thread about the ESPN Insider chat and what all these "inside" people (I think even Chris Mortensen said this too) is that they are getting information from their Miami people in Dolphins HQ.

Now we all know Saban isn't the most loved guy in Davie, his attitude and his anti-media crusades have pissed off some people who wouldnt mind seeing him gone. I'm wondering if there is some sort of attempt being made by some of these people to get Saban on his way out. Either leaking information on purpose to make Saban look bad (any coach who plans on leaving is going to deny all rumors while the season is still going on), or making up rumors about Saban's interest in Bama to continue to undermine Saban and ruin his image or maybe even run him out of town.

For all I know Saban is really on his way out and this is just crazy speculation. But it's interesting how the same rumors, false or not, are being repeatedly leaked by several sources (the shady PFT and more reputable ESPN included), suggesting this isnt simply being made up by the rumor mills. Its also interesting how this sort of thing continually is being leaked out of Davie considering Saban is so paranoid. There are definitely people who don't like him so who knows whats going on. I guess we will find out after the Colts game.

Saban will coach next year. Don't buy the hype. In all actuality, I think alot of people are going to be surprised with Cleo Lemon's performance this week. Next year, do not be surprised if Saban learns from his mistakes earlier and inserts Lemon when Culpepper screws up a few games for us. We then will make the play-offs for the first time in forever, and all the naysayers will be calling Saban a footbal master. Don't sweat it. Our time is coming.

I don't think true NFL insiders that have first hand sources would be adding fuel to the fire if Saban and Bama' were not talking. I think Saban might leave, Bama has the money, tradition, and power that would make the job attractive to a guy like saban.

We are all sick and tired about hearing Saban to Bama. Saban himself has denied it vehemently 3 or 4 times. Nobody knows what is going on, Bama wont go away and is apparently offering 10 for 57M now. But what I saw on the other thread about the ESPN Insider chat and what all these "inside" people (I think even Chris Mortensen said this too) is that they are getting information from their Miami people in Dolphins HQ.

Now we all know Saban isn't the most loved guy in Davie, his attitude and his anti-media crusades have pissed off some people who wouldnt mind seeing him gone. I'm wondering if there is some sort of attempt being made by some of these people to get Saban on his way out. Either leaking information on purpose to make Saban look bad (any coach who plans on leaving is going to deny all rumors while the season is still going on), or making up rumors about Saban's interest in Bama to continue to undermine Saban and ruin his image or maybe even run him out of town.

For all I know Saban is really on his way out and this is just crazy speculation. But it's interesting how the same rumors, false or not, are being repeatedly leaked by several sources (the shady PFT and more reputable ESPN included), suggesting this isnt simply being made up by the rumor mills. Its also interesting how this sort of thing continually is being leaked out of Davie considering Saban is so paranoid. There are definitely people who don't like him so who knows whats going on. I guess we will find out after the Colts game.

psst. Hey you...don't look over your shoulder...

Paranoid???

Saban is not going to Alabama. They can pay him 80 million over two years, and he would not go. He is going to stick it out here until he either pulls this team together, contract runs out, or gets fired. Saban is not a quitter, and he will not leave. He is too much of a competitor. The people that are leaking this are doing so because they do not have any good fins news to post. Also, any distractions right now improve their short term job security. The offers may be true, but if he left now he would go down in the nfl ranks as a losing coach. He will not stand for that without a fight.

In the words of Stewart Mandell on CNNSI

I couldn't agree more with this statement:

I have to chuckle when I hear Nick Saban’s name still being mentioned. Of all coaches, Saban is the ultimate control-freak. He answered to almost no one at LSU, and he ultimately chose the Dolphins job over other NFL offers because he would have control over personnel decisions. Saban may well jump back to college at some point, but do you really think he’s going to go to a school where the wealthy son of a former coaching legend -- among others -- has a say in his fate?

This is actually a pretty good theory. The ol' Nicktator's style of management likely has ruffled a few feathers. People on the business end of said ruffling wouldn't care about it--or would at least avoid complaining about it--if the team was winning. But it's not, and whenever teams lose, all of their dirty laundry gets aired because of discontentment inside the organization.

The irony of these past few weeks' reporting is that it looks like Saban is staying, and others will be leaving.

Personally I think he will stay because he's a freak and losing, running back to college with his tail between his legs doesnt seem like who he is. It seems so out of character for him to have any interest, so maybe I am paranoid (though I am just suggesting a mutiny as a possibility, I don't strongly believe it's actually happening) but if he would be so strongly in favor of staying here why do these rumors continue to surface? I would understand Bama papers making this crap up but that's not where we are getting the info from anymore.

Let's see...Pinochet and Idi Amin are both dead and Castro is dying, so if they do have a coup in South Florida, I don't know who the next Head Coach/Field Marshall/President for Life/Doctor Emeritus would be.

he'll be back. If not, that doesn't look on him as a person.

Saban will coach next year. Don't buy the hype. In all actuality, I think alot of people are going to be surprised with Cleo Lemon's performance this week. Next year, do not be surprised if Saban learns from his mistakes earlier and inserts Lemon when Culpepper screws up a few games for us. We then will make the play-offs for the first time in forever, and all the naysayers will be calling Saban a footbal master. Don't sweat it. Our time is coming.

Hahaha you must be joking right cleo is nothing better that a ok backup dont go over board when hes just taken a few snaps and looked better than joey for three quaters. Duante will be a top 10 qb next year.

If this story turns out to be false and Saban stays, my guess is Randy Mueller is the source behind these rumours. Its been reported there is a growing rift between the two over personnell decisions and that Mueller wants a different coach. If Saban stays there is clearly someone in the organization who is fanning the flames and my bet its Mueller

Sabans CONTRACT has three years and over $13million left, Wayne will sue Nick for the remainder of that deal(remember Ricky). If Bama really wants him they will have to give Nick an extra $13 million to go with the $57 million. That is 10 years $70 million.
Huizenga plays a huge role in this and he will dictate weather Nick stays.

Personally, I don't really care how Lemon plays this Sunday. One game isn't going have doing cartwheels regardless of the outcome. I'm excited to see him get a shot, but I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary from his game. We'll likely run the ball all day long anyway.....

As for the 2007 training camp / next year, who can say what will happen. We don't even know if Saban is going to be here as of this day. There are simply way too many uncertainties to be making accurate assuptions at the QB position in my opinion. I trust Saban, but after the way it fell apart this year, I have my doubt's too. If Saban stays, he has tons of work ahead of him, and some very critical decisions to make as well.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I can't believe that after the preseason and 15 regular season games that this coaching staff has come to the conclusion that Cleo might be good. If he is good (starter material) what have they been watching in practice for the past 5 months? They can't be that stupid... can they?

Back
Top Bottom