could Travis Minor rush for 1000 yards, if he is the starter next season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could Travis Minor rush for 1000 yards, if he is the starter next season?

could minor rack up 1000 yards next season?

• yes

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • no

Votes: 101 75.9%

• Total voters
AggieFin21 said:
Did you not see how he played last year?!

Look, I agree that he LOOKED bad last year! Minor looked terrible last year cast into the role of a power runner. Our Offensive line was so terrible in the first 5 games last year that it's a miracle Minor survived at all! Plus, he really seemed tentative and that's what got him killed.

Linehans system calls for running out of passing formations, and for that he needs a guy to get to the hole QUICKLY on draws, swing plays and screens. Lamar Gordon is a between the tackles guy and you've GOT to have one of those. Sammy Morris is VERY talented and flexible as a backup fullback, h-back, goal line kind of guy. I love his never say die attitude. Minor is the only guy on our roster who has value in other areas that can really hit the hole quickly (when there is a hole) and doesn't fumble a whole lot.

Could we use another speed back, a youngster? Absolutely. But with the number 2 pick in the draft? Hell no!

If we can just slide down 2 or 3 picks and get an extra 4th round or 5th round pick we can get BRAYLON EDWARDS on day one and then go heavy on day 2 with a young Center and Safety and DT and OT.

Edwards makes us viable because THEN the Linehan "Randy Moss" system can be put into place. Edwards stretches the "d" with Chambers crossing and Booker sitting and McMichael roaming the middle freely with only a lumbering linebacker on him. And if they switch to a nickel, let McMichael devour that guy on a draw and watch Minor go for 20 yards up the gut.

Edwards is the key to this draft. Our future QB, if it isn't Feeley, should be Matt Leinart next year. Our RB can't be Edgerrin James or Shaun Alexander because they just don't hit the hole fast enough. We need a LaDanian type and while I don't like Benson very much (much more a Wanny guy than a Saban guy) Ronnie Brown could very well be that guy.

Personally, I'm hoping for Edwards so that we can become the offense that we need to be. But if it's Brown then it's Brown. Either way, you get a RB or WR this year. It's just that there are SO MANY rb's around this year that a quality back is BOUND to be availabl in the third or fourth round of this draft. I know it.

Oh well, think EDWARDS!

flat out NO.

Are you kidding me?? Didn't you see the way he ran last year.

Stuffed & Stuffed again.

Needs to bulk up a little. As oh right now, he's too small to run the ball more than 20 plus times a game. We are going to need someone like that to wear down good defenses such as the Pats, Jets, and Bills. As of right now i dont think he could run for 1000 yards.

No way. He isn't a workhorse, or a starting HB. Don't get me wrong. Minor is a GREAT 3rd down back, and great for getting 7-9 carries a game, but i don't think he can last getting 20+ carries a game. He just isnt built that way.

I don't think he could take the amount of carries a 1,000 yard season comes with. He's a small guy, if he were bigger he could be a good RB.

you guys talk about drafting a reciever and if for some reason we actually did everyone on this board would be ranting and raving next off season when we still had no running game and had no QB that could get the ball to our above average ( talent wise ) receivers unless you haven't noticed we have receivers that our QB can't throw the ball to and we have no running game b/c we have a roster full of back ups and even if we had a running back our line is absolutely terrible so ok YEAH lets draft a receiver that sounds like a wanny of a idea.

If Minor starts next year then Linehan and Saban have decided to have RB by commitee and Minor would not get enough carries to pass 1000 yards.

i believe than an average RB could rush for 1000yds behind our line.

travis is average... so yes.

why do people act as if 1000 yard rushing season is a feat? we're only talking 62 yards per game. i dont see why ANY nfl rb, given the opportunity to start 16 games and >15 carries per game, shouldnt be able to pick up at least 1000 yeards.

SuperMarksBros. said:
why do people act as if 1000 yard rushing season is a feat? we're only talking 62 yards per game. i dont see why ANY nfl rb, given the opportunity to start 16 games and >15 carries per game, shouldnt be able to pick up at least 1000 yeards.

Yeah, 1000 is only a decent year for a RB who starts all the games. WRs achieving 1000 is much more difficult than a RB.

SuperMarksBros. said:
exactly... thats y travis can do it.

Back
Top Bottom